• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Net neutrality gone in the bat of an eye

SO another snowflake that doesn't know his *** from a hole in the ground the dumbocrats haven't voted for anything he tried to do so an idiot wants to blame him I guess the wall not being built is his fault and letting unveted Muslim's in to the country are his fault to or how about Iran having nuclear weapons his fault how about illegal aliens sucking American tax dollars his fault and don't forget about the screwed up health system his fault when you don't know what you are talking about S T F U S

Sent from my HTC Desire 530 using Steeler Nation mobile app

I have made my living in the world of ISPs, the Internet, websites, and content for over two decades. Every day I wake and go to bed helping to build this world. I work with some of the world's largest ISPs, content providers, retailers etc.

I'll simply say after viewing five pages of this dribble that the utter lack of knowledge shown is shocking.

The vast majority of arguments here are politically driven, lacking information and knowledge.

Oh, the sky is falling.

LOL

Well, thanks for that insight and valuable insider knowledge on the subject Tim, it's all a lot clearer now.

3423ac70850bda87ae9df1f1e94bab23.jpg

SO another snowflake that doesn't know his *** from a hole in the ground the dumbocrats haven't voted for anything he tried to do so an idiot wants to blame him I guess the wall not being built is his fault and letting unveted Muslim's in to the country are his fault to or how about Iran having nuclear weapons his fault how about illegal aliens sucking American tax dollars his fault and don't forget about the screwed up health system his fault when you don't know what you are talking about S T F U S

And don’t forget run-on sentences!

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Trump supporters on 4Chan and Reddit cheering the net neutrality repeal is some real cows voting for the slaughterhouse type stuff.</p>— Will Sommer (@willsommer) <a href="https://twitter.com/willsommer/status/941382780340113410?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">December 14, 2017</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Yeah because without big government who will tax it and regulate it and stifle innovation.

I have made my living in the world of ISPs, the Internet, websites, and content for over two decades. Every day I wake and go to bed helping to build this world. I work with some of the world's largest ISPs, content providers, retailers etc.

I'll simply say after viewing five pages of this dribble that the utter lack of knowledge shown is shocking.

The vast majority of arguments here are politically driven, lacking information and knowledge.

Oh, the sky is falling.

LOL

OK, so what assurances regarding our concerns are you willing to go on record as having made?

While I agree competition is a good thing the logistics of things like cable / power / utilities is tough. A smaller company is not going to set up / run their own lines / poles / pipes or whatever. The larger companies will charge them "rental fees" If the bigger company is losing enough money they can just jack up the rental fees and force the small company to raise the price or go out of business.

While I agree competition is a good thing the logistics of things like cable / power / utilities is tough. A smaller company is not going to set up / run their own lines / poles / pipes or whatever. The larger companies will charge them "rental fees" If the bigger company is losing enough money they can just jack up the rental fees and force the small company to raise the price or go out of business.

Cable has been around for what, 35 years? Damn little competition existed then, damn little competition exists now.

Oh, the sky is falling.

LOL

You’ve been asked to go on record and set us straight and... crickets. It’s only reasonable to conclude you don’t actually know what is going to happen and you were just acting like a condescending authority on the matter.

Well, thanks for that insight and valuable insider knowledge on the subject Tim, it's all a lot clearer now.

Sorry Chip, the post wasn't meant to belittle. It was my way of saying participating in this thread is the equivalent of pounding one's head against a wall.

There's a lot of arm-chair QBs here who don't know as much as they think they do about the industry.

As has been stated by others, we had these rules in place for only two years. We survived quite well before. We will be just fine after. Chicken Little can go home.

I'll leave this one at that.

Sorry Chip, the post wasn't meant to belittle. It was my way of saying participating in this thread is the equivalent of pounding one's head against a wall.

There's a lot of arm-chair QBs here who don't know as much as they think they do about the industry.

As has been stated by others, we had these rules in place for only two years. We survived quite well before. We will be just fine after. Chicken Little can go home.

I'll leave this one at that.

This whole year can be defined as Chicken Little going home. The WHOLE YEAR..... And I expect nothing but the same for the rest of Trump's presidency. The idea Tibs think this year is bad for our country just blows my mind. It really does. I'm flabbergasted.

This whole issue has me befuddled. It appears to be a battle between one set of huge ISPs vs, huge Tech Giants. They are all equally greedy.

Let them battle it out, and see what new alternatives emerge in the free market.

This whole issue has me befuddled. It appears to be a battle between one set of huge ISPs vs, huge Tech Giants. They are all equally greedy.

Let them battle it out, and see what new alternatives emerge in the free market.

Competition is always good. Government control is almost always bad.

See Ma Bell as an example. That deregulation revolutionized the telephony business.

The issue you don't understand is that, maybe, the tech giants give more money to Democrats than ISP's?

This is a very simple thing... if Cable companies and other internet providers use monopolistic tactics to negatively hinder competition... hmmm it seems like there is some huge thing the government can already do about that right?

I didn't vote for him and he's NOT MY President !

Barry?

HAHAHAHA!

MUH legacy!

Year One List: 81 major Trump achievements, 11 Obama legacy items repealed

With the passage of the GOP tax bill this week, the Trump administration has scored 81 major achievements in its first year, making good on campaign promises to provide significant tax cuts, boost U.S. energy production, and restore respect to the United States, according to the White House.

And along the way, President Trump even outdid his own expectations and slashed at least 11 major legacy items of former President Barack Obama, including cracking down on the open border, slowing recognition of communist Cuba and effectively killing Obamacare by ending the mandate that everyone have health insurance or face a tax.

According to the White House, the 81 accomplishments are in 12 major categories and include well over 100 other minor achievements. The unofficial list helps to counter the impression in the mainstream media and among congressional Democrats that outside the approval of Supreme Court Neil Gorsuch and passage of the tax reform bill little was done.

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/y...1-obama-legacy-items-repealed/article/2644159

1060x600-0d5ebd5de79595a0444ed6c672dd89d8.jpg

Barry?

HAHAHAHA!

MUH legacy!

Year One List: 81 major Trump achievements, 11 Obama legacy items repealed

With the passage of the GOP tax bill this week, the Trump administration has scored 81 major achievements in its first year, making good on campaign promises to provide significant tax cuts, boost U.S. energy production, and restore respect to the United States, according to the White House.

And along the way, President Trump even outdid his own expectations and slashed at least 11 major legacy items of former President Barack Obama, including cracking down on the open border, slowing recognition of communist Cuba and effectively killing Obamacare by ending the mandate that everyone have health insurance or face a tax.

According to the White House, the 81 accomplishments are in 12 major categories and include well over 100 other minor achievements. The unofficial list helps to counter the impression in the mainstream media and among congressional Democrats that outside the approval of Supreme Court Neil Gorsuch and passage of the tax reform bill little was done.

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/y...1-obama-legacy-items-repealed/article/2644159

1060x600-0d5ebd5de79595a0444ed6c672dd89d8.jpg

Y'know... Posting the exact same post in multiple threads is getting a little tired.

Stop Mr President. I can't take all of this winning. Too much. Enough is enough. Stop winning. Please.

giphy.gif