• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

New island appears off coast of North Carolina's Outer Banks

Spike

Reaction score
The secret's out.

A new island has appeared off the coast of North Carolina's Cape Hatteras National Seashore, and unfortunately for locals, word is spreading -- fast.

JLnewisland.jpg

The mile-long sandbar, dubbed "Shelly Island" for its plethora of seashells and colorful pebbles, has been forming and growing since late spring. Residents and tourists alike are starting to take notice.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/new-island-appears-off-coast-of-north-carolinas-outer-banks/

------------------------

Hmmmm.......new land arises and no word about sea levels rising?

How can this be?

Kewl......I sure wouldn't mind having a whole island to myself....provided that it was a very short boat or jet ski trip to civilization lol.

Al Gore just found some beachfront property.

I bet there's pirate treasure just waiting to be dug up, where' my metal detector?

It's Trump's fault

Global warming caused the ocean levels to rise and... wait..

Holy ****! The Russians caused this. Secret hacking of the weather,the moon's gravitational pull and a lot of vodka! We need 100 million dollars to investigate. I'll be the one man investigation team.

Holy ****! The Russians caused this. Secret hacking of the weather,the moon's gravitational pull and a lot of vodka! We need 100 million dollars to investigate. I'll be the one man investigation team.

See? See? Bomma stopped the sea levels from rising. Praise heeyum.

It should disappear back into the ocean around August, when the season's first hurricane makes landfall....