• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Nice idea Kaepernick

I already disliked Kaepernick because he always came across as a hipster doofus who cared more about himself than the team.

He's half white and was raised by 2 white parents. It's obvious he is feeling some sort of guilt and wants to earn some street cred.

Predictably,. the media will defend him because they LOVE that this is happening, particularly ESPN which has become more of a social justice network than a sports network.

I'm guessing the approved media take will end up being that he's brave for doing this and although they personally disagree, Keap does have a point that this country is horrible. Sure, the black lives matter movement is based on lies, but hey, we have to support them anyway because it would be racist not to.

I hope fans pelt him with water bottles after each National Anthem.

I hope fans pelt him with water bottles after each National Anthem.

So many things Kap could have done in a positive manner, disrespecting the flag wasn't one.

Just like this site has a political area for that agenda. There is better areas for Kap to fight. He just took the lazy sit on your *** and disrespect what the flag stands for approach.

brilliant

james_wood_kaepernick_tweet_8-26-16-1.jpg

Kaepernick is a black bearded clam................Bigappleyinzer is just a clam.
Both are douches.

So many things Kap could have done in a positive manner, disrespecting the flag wasn't one.

Just like this site has a political area for that agenda. There is better areas for Kap to fight. He just took the lazy sit on your *** and disrespect what the flag stands for approach.

brilliant

As with his play on the field, L-A-Z-Y. He took the easy way out as with his work ethic. He won't put in the work to be a good QB, why would he put the work in to be a good ??whatever?? He is being? His right to respect or disrespect is up to him, but the back lash also comes with his choice, good or bad. Do I agree with him, H@ll no!! He is on his way out and wants to cement it or, the flip side is this will prolong the awaited cut.

Salute the nation

This will all shortly be resolved when the 49er's cut him. He hasn't been relevant as an NFL quarterback in several years and will soon fade into obscurity.

And he's grasping for his last chance at attention. Ignore him, he'll soon be joining the Johnny Football's and Ryan Leaf's in life.

Mob mentality is mob mentality, I don't care if he stands or not. Him standing or not standing has zero effect on me. The people who fought and died for this country fought precisely to give us all the right to do as we see fit. He might be right or wrong on his take on oppression, I can't actually speak to it since I've never had to experience it. But again, and most importantly, he sucks *** as a quarterback, and by most accounts, as a teammate, so odds are he's ****** in San Fran.

Joe

and moving this to where it should be...

He'd look good in black & gold, wasn't used properly in SF, would probably sign for vet minimum........

I am going to boycott all San Francisco 49'ers games and I will never buy a ticket as long as he is on the team.

Kap and Rashard Mendenhall, must be hanging out together. both have stupid points of view. and a really,really, stupid way to express them same beliefs.

Kap and Rashard Mendenhall, must be hanging out together. both have stupid points of view. and a really,really, stupid way to express them same beliefs.

Mendenhall, who says he suffered from emotional and verbal abuse by coaches and fans once tweeted out against the Bin-Laden military assault is a piece of work.

He also ripped the Steelers for not listing his favorite book in the media guide when they asked him.

It would not surprise me if he changes his name to something in Arabic once he's done with football. He's currently some sort of consultant on the HBO show Ballers.

If Kap converted to Islam like some are saying, how is he going to throw the ol' pigskin?

Kaepernick is so three years ago. He was just a trendy QB that the league figured out shortly. Media/younger generation hype made him bigger than he was. In reality he sucked. Lol

No, he was legit 3 years ago. He had games where he ran the **** on you, and others where he passed it all over the field. I agree he is nothing as I type this, but I am not going to pretend he always sucked, because he didn't.

http://www.nfl.com/player/colinkaepernick/2495186/careerstats

In 2014 he threw for 3,400 yards, at over 60% completion, and rushed for 639 yards including a scamper for 90 yards. That's good production no matter how you slice it.

Mendenhall, who says he suffered from emotional and verbal abuse by coaches and fans once tweeted out against the Bin-Laden military assault is a piece of work.

He also ripped the Steelers for not listing his favorite book in the media guide when they asked him.

It would not surprise me if he changes his name to something in Arabic once he's done with football. He's currently some sort of consultant on the HBO show Ballers.

I have to be honest, when he was on the cover of every magazine, in huge photo spreads showing his tats, I predicted he was headed for a fall. I had a feeling.

He's an idiot. I have defended him in the past, but no more. He DOES have a right not to stand for the anthem. But what he needs to realize is HOW he got that right and recognize the sacrifices of those who gave him that right. 50 years ago, he wouldn't have been able to play in the NFL as a "person of color." But keep singing the oppression song, Colin. Fuckstick.

Whether you guys want to admit it or not, cops in America ARE killing and beating blacks, many times when the persons posed no real threat and had no weapon, yet are shot dead. If you don't realize this is happening, you are not even trying to determine the truth. They choked that one black dude to death because he was selling single cigs. Does that seem OK to you?

Whether you guys want to admit it or not, cops in America ARE killing and beating blacks, many times when the persons posed no real threat and had no weapon, yet are shot dead. If you don't realize this is happening, you are not even trying to determine the truth. They choked that one black dude to death because he was selling single cigs. Does that seem OK to you?

No, that's not okay. But most of us think it's pretty hypocritical to protest and burn down neighborhoods when one cop kills one black guy but say and do nothing when blacks kill each other by the hundreds every year. And if you call them out on it then you're a racist.

Last edited: