• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Nice idea Kaepernick

No, that's not okay. But most of us think it's pretty hypocritical to protest and burn down neighborhoods

Government data shows that police officers tend to make street and traffic stops of all races at proportional levels. While blacks and Hispanics do have their vehicles searched disproportionally, they also get arrested for felonies at a higher rate than others. Maybe there is a reason for this.

I have not seen anywhere that police shoot blacks more than they do any other race....except.

The numbers show that black people are more likely than others to be the victim of a fatal police shooting. But a deeper look at the individual incidents shows that they were not primarily of defenseless people. Of the 990 shooting deaths, 73.7 percent were made during an “attack in progress.” This would include a shootout, charging with a knife or a physical struggle.

The Washington Post also has a category called “other,” 216 total, which consists of 21.8 percent of fatal shootings. Of the 260 “other” and “undetermined” victims of police shootings, 212, 81.5 percent, were either brandishing a weapon, had attacked a police officers or were charging at them, were ramming, or had rammed them with a car.
http://dailycaller.com/2016/07/11/are-black-people-targeted-by-police-heres-what-the-data-says/

When I was growing up and got punished for doing something stupid, my daddy just said.." Hey kid, you asked for it" another saing he used with frequency was " there's two sides to every story'. I'm not sayin' that anyone deserves to be killed but I will say that I'm quite confidant that fewer police shootings would result from more lawful behavior.

5HRHuP2.jpg