• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Nike Ditches Flag Themed Shoe Cuz Kaepernick Objected

There is no way NIKe allowed Crappernick to dictate to them what to do unless he had some sort of shenanigans up his sleeve. LIKE it or not, the 13 stars are the start of this great nation, slavery or not. Nike chose to not go with it as I'm sure there has been many designs decided to not go with as well. Say what you want but this country is what affords people to do the things they do. Foreign countries have put people to death for less so cherish our freedoms that are represented by that AMERICAN FLAG Of both old and new.

Salute the nation

Reactions: MTC
giphy.gif

Dance, Nike, dance! Dance for them virtue-signaling points!

Kap wore a Fidel Castro T-shirt to a post-game presser to highlight American mistreatment of people of color. Apparently, he wasn't offended by the Communist dictator's human right violations and imprisonment of his Cuban brothers and sisters.

“Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right.”

― George Orwell, 1984

Last edited:
This shoe was in their SNKRS app as of last week. So it's a really late stage scrapping. Likely lots of these will end up in orphanages worldwide. No idea what the exact numbers were but Quickstrike shoes are fairly limited. Any pair into the wild will sell for a ton. Possibly more than 1000

It sucks that Nike is a great product.

**** Nike! Bunch of *******, and their sneakers break down much quicker than others.

didn't read the article cuz, well, don't care that much. So, disclaimer noted, I am a grizzled vet of big business and there is one reality in the business world. Profit matters. Nike ain't caring about Kap if they think they can make gobs of cash on the product line. I'm not in the shoe industry, but I'd guess odds are strong that Nike got early feedback from consumer test groups...i.e., the shoe projected poor sales. If so, using Cap to get some positive spin on the ensuing write offs may lessen the sting in consumer eyes.

didn't read the article cuz, well, don't care that much. So, disclaimer noted, I am a grizzled vet of big business and there is one reality in the business world. Profit matters. Nike ain't caring about Kap if they think they can make gobs of cash on the product line. I'm not in the shoe industry, but I'd guess odds are strong that Nike got early feedback from consumer test groups...i.e., the shoe projected poor sales. If so, using Cap to get some positive spin on the ensuing write offs may lessen the sting in consumer eyes.

We are seeing a lot of Woke commercials these days. It is definitely a business calculation. Marketing is almost always aimed at young people because they are most likely to spend money on frivolous things. Businesses have been trying for years to get the millennial dollars.

This is just a gambit that millennials Love protesting and hate big business so many companies are trying to position themselves to be on their side.

I think the problem with this is that millennials are notoriously cheap. Many just don't have much money and even if they do, they tend to think everything should be free or dirt cheap so nobody makes a profit.

Nike did get a small bump from the initial Kap ad. I think a lot of that was people sympathetic to Kaps cause wanting to show support. I don't think it produced long term customers. But it sure did permanently lose a large customer base.

Nike is probably looking to try to get another bump but I'm not sure how many times they can play that card.

Sketchers should be putting out a Flag themed shoe right now. Sketchers are marketed to grownups anyway so I'm guessing their customer base would appreciate them.

Who cares? Nike shoes are **** anyway. For running, I prefer Brooks running shoes. Far superior product.

I'm so sick of this mother ****** and anybody else with this race card bullshit.

This is the overwhelming feeling of white people. Didn't care about race, don't want to care about race, but apparently we have to care about race.

Who cares? Nike shoes are **** anyway. For running, I prefer Brooks running shoes. Far superior product.

This. They look like something a child would have worn in 1976 to celebrate the bicentennial. Once again, outrage for the sake of outrage begets yet more outrage. Over what? Shoes.

This. They look like something a child would have worn in 1976 to celebrate the bicentennial. Once again, outrage for the sake of outrage begets yet more outrage. Over what? Shoes.

Bwahahaha...I'm with you Trog. While I think Nike listening to that POS about them shoes is ludicrous, I wonder at the same time about who would buy them in the first place.

fUM7jmiK
nike-betsy-ross-air_wide-664707d16f7bfd157a7fe31d701bd99e6d322d9e-s600-c85.jpg

So a couple dozen gay dudes and Chumlee don't get their day at the mall...BFD

They still got Bust Browns

710da6zptFL._AC_UL320_.jpg

Yea, I have to agree, those those don't look too nice to begin with, but why put the American flag on them anyway? If all of their shoes had it on to represent they are an American-made shoe and company, sure, but I don't see the point of putting that flag on the shoe. It represents, to me, heritage of the 13 colonies, but that's it.
Furthermore, can we gather a list of everything that is offensive, as I'm sure the list would be loooooong. Maybe it's because I don't pay any attention to hate groups and their symbols, flags or attire.