• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Nike Ditches Flag Themed Shoe Cuz Kaepernick Objected

This is the overwhelming feeling of white people. Didn't care about race, don't want to care about race, but apparently we have to care about race.

That is painting with a broad brush and ignoring the fact that I know plenty of white people that are sympathetic to real racial injustice and would be the first to stand up for someone that was a victim or actual racism. I will be the first to say that racism is alive and well in 2019 but not at the systemic levels that the media and black community wants to portray it at. The reason you feel like people don't care about race is really a group of people that are tired of the race card being used when there was nothing racist about what actually occurred. For every fabricated racial incident it diminishes and detracts from the individuals that are truly a victim of racism. As soon as the black community takes responsibility and accountability for their own actions instead of instantly blaming race for every interaction the sooner real racism will be brought to light. It's the boy that cried wolf story, after enough times people will ignore it and that is sad for the real victims of racism. Every time the black community shows up to protest and call racism in events like Ferguson, there is a black citizen that was denied an apartment because he was black that will never be heard. So yes, as long as false claims of racism are paraded around by the black community don't be surprised if more and more people turn a blind eye to racism and the black community has nobody to blame but themselves.

A terrible shoe design that no one would have ever heard of just turned into unnecessary outrage.

The point is that Krap finds the American flag offensive. Nike appeased that scumbag. **** them. I haven't bought any of their **** in two years.

Can't remember where I saw it, but I thought it was somewhere here that mentioned AZ Governor Ducey pulling about a million dollars worth of incentives to bring Nike to the west valley near Phoenix.

Of course the local medias take on this is how he could do this and risk losing 500 jobs for the Nike "manufacturing" facility. Right, like Nike will be manufacturing here. Then channel 12 worded their poll, "Should Gov. Ducey have pulled Nike incentive?"

Not sure they're getting the response they were hoping for as 51% so far say absolutely. I emailed the station suggesting a better polling question, because it's what started all of this, might be, "does the flag sewn by Betsie Ross offend you?"

I'm not holding my breath for a response.

It's all part of the liberal agenda

Death to White America!

Those shoes remind me of New Coke, they were smart to get rid of them before they bombed.

Bwahahaha...I'm with you Trog. While I think Nike listening to that POS about them shoes is ludicrous, I wonder at the same time about who would buy them in the first place.

I dunno Chip, every now and thin stupid looking products like this get released and take off. You never know. More likely to bomb, but I wouldn't have been surprised to see some segment of the young clamor for those. Ya never know.

Those shoes remind me of New Coke, they were smart to get rid of them before they bombed.

Well look who's here and decided to show his face. What's wrong 21, can't stand up to the comments and backlash you received for supporting the violence the gay photographer received?

If I were you, I'd go clean that **** up before I'd post elsewhere, that's just me. But you won't.

That is painting with a broad brush and ignoring the fact that I know plenty of white people that are sympathetic to real racial injustice and would be the first to stand up for someone that was a victim or actual racism. I will be the first to say that racism is alive and well in 2019 but not at the systemic levels that the media and black community wants to portray it at. The reason you feel like people don't care about race is really a group of people that are tired of the race card being used when there was nothing racist about what actually occurred. For every fabricated racial incident it diminishes and detracts from the individuals that are truly a victim of racism. As soon as the black community takes responsibility and accountability for their own actions instead of instantly blaming race for every interaction the sooner real racism will be brought to light. It's the boy that cried wolf story, after enough times people will ignore it and that is sad for the real victims of racism. Every time the black community shows up to protest and call racism in events like Ferguson, there is a black citizen that was denied an apartment because he was black that will never be heard. So yes, as long as false claims of racism are paraded around by the black community don't be surprised if more and more people turn a blind eye to racism and the black community has nobody to blame but themselves.

I think you misunderstand CD.

There are quite a few actual racist incidences. Overall, most white people I know are not racists and would not deny black people apartments, discriminate against them or beat them or anything like that. My guess is this is what CD meant when he said white people "don't care about race". It is irrelevant in our decisions when dealing with people.

Well, except for the people here, obbiously.

Racism is alive and well only because pointing out the truth makes you a racist.

Seems you are projecting a bit there.

This was probably just a marketing ploy from the beginning. Who was really going to buy those. I’m patriotic, but you couldn’t pay me to wear those.

This was probably just a marketing ploy from the beginning. Who was really going to buy those. I’m patriotic, but you couldn’t pay me to wear those.

As others have pointed out, marketing is focused on the young, so who knows.

Something to ponder, is anything made of cotton offensive?

Ben Jacobs@Bencjacobs

Beto on the Nike/Betsy Ross flag controversy: "I think its really important to take into account the impression that kind of symbol would have for many of our fellow Americans, respect the decision Nike made and grateful for the conversation [that it is provoking]"

D-kJ0CVX4AEkMJG.jpg:small

Oops.

Bwahahaha...I'm with you Trog. While I think Nike listening to that POS about them shoes is ludicrous, I wonder at the same time about who would buy them in the first place.

fUM7jmiK
nike-betsy-ross-air_wide-664707d16f7bfd157a7fe31d701bd99e6d322d9e-s600-c85.jpg

Sort of an ugly spin on the classic Cortez

61b%2Bo5s9ZKL._UX395_.jpg

Flag or no flag, those shoes are *** ugly. Kaepernick did the world a favor.

True story. I was at a Penn State football game this past fall at State College. I wanted to buy a PSU long sleeve tee, and I purposely bought one that didn't have the Nike swoosh on it.

Flag or no flag, those shoes are *** ugly. Kaepernick did the world a favor.

I didnt think they looked bad....more of a woman's shoe though..

Kind of cool with the Betty Ross flag ....

Last edited:
I didnt think they looked bad.

Kind of cool with the Betty Ross flag ....

Fair enough. I do think it was a good thing it wasn’t released, and I’ll tell you why. Nike lost some customers with the whole Colin Kaepernick spokesperson thing. To me, this particular shoe was nothing more than pandering to the customers they lost by putting a flag on a shoe and releasing it around the 4th. And when Kaep supposedly put the kibash on those shoes, people started squealing right away. You could have predicted it. Nobody wanted those damn shoes, if they even really existed. They wanted to be upset at the left for supposedly ******** on the flag. Point blank, period. People who swore off Nike, suddenly wanted a Nike product because it had a flag on it and Kaep said “no.” So the story goes, anyway. If nothing else, Nike knows those people will come running back for the right product.

As I said, Kaep did those people a favor. He kept them from compromising their own values.

Plus, those shoes are *** ugly.

My buddy says he ordered some iron-on Betsy Ross flag patches to cover up the logo on the handful of Nike items he's held on to. Great idea.

Here's the dems new shoes...

15611378-7211439-image-a-20_1562198239922.jpg

Reactions: xjx
These bitter loser ******* sure can switch sides in a hurry

LOLOLOL

when Obama was a racist Betsy Ross lover...

D-jOOarWwAADfck.jpg

Veteran owned company making Betsy Ross t-shirts, go getum!

495be52b-90dd-4f72-a432-66c5c81da880-large16x9_a733bcee6ec24805a2c02738c99d611alarge16x9_PHOTONineLineApparelSubmitted.png