• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Nike Ditches Flag Themed Shoe Cuz Kaepernick Objected

Kap is a punk..**** that punk.

I don't have even a little. But I do dislike ignorant people.

If you're white you have some racist tenancies you just don't know it. You also benefit from your white privilege.

If you're white you have some racist tenancies you just don't know it. You also benefit from your white privilege.

Slash carries his everywhere

privweb.jpg

Obama had the Betsy Ross flags flying at his second inauguration....

40769096_1886949798039159_1354575501963821056_n.jpg

didn't read the article cuz, well, don't care that much. So, disclaimer noted, I am a grizzled vet of big business and there is one reality in the business world. Profit matters. Nike ain't caring about Kap if they think they can make gobs of cash on the product line. I'm not in the shoe industry, but I'd guess odds are strong that Nike got early feedback from consumer test groups...i.e., the shoe projected poor sales. If so, using Cap to get some positive spin on the ensuing write offs may lessen the sting in consumer eyes.

More and more, I think I am agreeing with this. That shoe looked like **** and Nike decided they could get some press with taking it off the market.

More and more, I think I am agreeing with this. That shoe looked like **** and Nike decided they could get some press with taking it off the market.

Well, it makes sense. The SJW will continue to push Nike products for being brave and proactive, while it pushes others further away, but they are not their demo anyway. All in all, it gets their name in the news.