• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Nike Ditches Flag Themed Shoe Cuz Kaepernick Objected

Go capitalism!

‘Boss Like Ross’: Another Clothing Line Releases Betsy Ross Flag Sneakers

"They were made to change people’s perspective, a perspective that is built around hate and is now erasing a key figure in American history. You can be patriotic and support equality. That is the foundation of America.”

Screen-Shot-2019-07-03-at-2.55.15-PM.png

My buddy says he ordered some iron-on Betsy Ross flag patches to cover up the logo on the handful of Nike items he's held on to. Great idea.

I have a pair of Troy Knows shoes that I like simply for the black and gold theme. Need to find a way of covering the manufacturer at the top of the tongue. Thanks for the idea.

Nike is in a PR mess

I suspect most of their business is uh, urban youth, and they could do this, lobby for reparations and deporting all white people back to Europe and not lose any business.

I suspect most of their business is uh, urban youth, and they could do this, lobby for reparations and deporting all white people back to Europe and not lose any business.

Burgundy is correct.

This may be the only case where “Get Woke go broke” doesn’t apply. At least in the short term.

Reactions: MTC
Burgundy is correct.

This may be the only case where “Get Woke go broke” doesn’t apply. At least in the short term.

Maybe. Seems adidas and champion are the hip thing for the urban youth.
Nike is still big however

My son tells me today he'd have bought those shoes and worn them and said they were bad ***. Why? Because dad they are *** ugly and different and I'd be the only one wearing them. I said, until everyone was wearing them.

Ugly **** works like that sometimes. Look at all the goth kids. Who the **** would dress like that and dye their hair that way? Then many do. Who woulda worn Chucks in today's day and age until someone made them "cool" because Chucks are some *** ugly shoes. But people wear em.

I'm thinking this whole thing was a marketing scheme. Kap didn't come out with this. It was an article I believe originating in the Wall Street Journal. Not your usual SJW outlet to leak something. Seems more likely that Nike themselves leaked this to try to get another Woke bump like when they did the Kap commercial.

There are still marketing people that think all press is good press.

I'm thinking this whole thing was a marketing scheme. Kap didn't come out with this. It was an article I believe originating in the Wall Street Journal. Not your usual SJW outlet to leak something. Seems more likely that Nike themselves leaked this to try to get another Woke bump like when they did the Kap commercial.

There are still marketing people that think all press is good press.

They did get a lot of press, and that was one ugly shoe that wouldn't have sold anyway. Regardless, they knew the optics and were fine with tweaking patriotic Americans. **** em.

There is racism alive and breeding. With every color. But I am willing to bet at this point in time white racism in comparison is a minority. Seems to be a lot of black people that hate whites for one reason or another. Until people can get over what skin color they are it will exist. Which means the ignorance will never go away...................

Dollar gets a dime them Nike shoes show up on the market after awhile for " limited quantity money"

Why does Nike make shoes the poor kids could never afford if they care so much? They have to rob or kill to get those Nikes.

Dollar gets a dime them Nike shoes show up on the market after awhile for " limited quantity money"

iu

We'll see them coming across the Southern border as part of this 'ensemble'. "I wanna leeve een A-mareek-a!" The left will just @#$%.

A Betsy Ross flag flies next to the San Francisco city council and has for the last 55+ years.

Kaepernick was in San Francisco from 2011-2016 I believe, and nary a peep.

Just sayin'.

Anti racism is the reason for racism, without it there would be none. Very few are truly racist yet everyone is a little. It’s to what degree individuals take it. I don’t think it’s a group mentality anymore with so many mixed families

Anti racism is the reason for racism, without it there would be none.

Couldn't agree more.

Very few are truly racist yet everyone is a little. It’s to what degree individuals take it. I don’t think it’s a group mentality anymore with so many mixed families

What latent racism there is descends from clashes of 'culture'. The reason its on the surface is because the left foments it.

My Grandfather told me 50 years that it would take us 200 years to truly recover from the Civil War and it's surround. And looking back over now 160 years, I can see where that observation was spot on. In fact, I'd wager that if we had been left to heal and develop naturally, sans the ongoing demolition by the left, we'd probably be a more closely knit group of Americans. All the cultures that came here assimilated to a greater or lesser degree, until the left started 'organizing'. The American culture is so strong that it facilitates assimilation... unless the left interferes.

Ours is a strong, welcoming, wonderful culture that gives generously like none other. Others, not so much...

Anti racism is the reason for racism, without it there would be none. Very few are truly racist yet everyone is a little. It’s to what degree individuals take it. I don’t think it’s a group mentality anymore with so many mixed families

I don't have even a little. But I do dislike ignorant people.