• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

NK test HBomb

Ironcitysteelers

What do I put here? **** it.
Contributor
Reaction score
The U.S. and Japan have called for an emergency meeting of the United Nations Security Council after North Korea claimed to have successfully tested a hydrogen bomb, a senior UN official told ABC News.

Before North Korea's announcement, a magnitude 5.1 earthquake was measured in the country near the site of an earlier nuclear weapons test, officials said Tuesday night. The tremblor was detected about 12 miles ENE of Sungjibaegam and the South Korean weather agency said indications were that it was "artificial."

http://abcnews.go.com/International...sfully-tested-hydrogen-bomb/story?id=36112187

Either we grossly misjudged their capabilities or they are lying. Defense officials seem to think they are incapable of making an H-bomb

Bomma won't shed a tear over this.

I think we should take 2 guys and send them into Pyongang and "interview" Kim Jong Un. Then when he's singing his Katy Perry Song, they kill him. Sounds brilliant right?

Read that the test was more inline with their previous 7 kiloton test not big enough for a Thermonuclear device at 5.1 earthquake.

Calm down, everyone. Obama will come up with a hash tag and all will be well.

It's called give them billions in aid. The leader of NK looks like he has some mental illness issues, and I'm being serious.

The only hope we have is they **** up and somehow kill, damage, radiate China.

I have some knowledge of the subject and it's probably real.

The real question is: who cares?

North Korea has been a nuclear power for 10 years already. What effect has it had on the world? None whatsoever.

Aside from the fun of fear mongering and sensationalism, there's no story here. A country with The Bomb made a bigger bomb.

Sounds like it wasn't a bigger bomb (same size as their other tests) and certainly wasn't fission/hydrogen even if they added some hydrogen into the fuel in hopes the atomic explosion triggered fission (which it appears failed to do so). As soon as the radioactive fallout reaches the border, we'll know for sure.

I agree with Steel Vanguard. Not much to see here.

If anything this will give U.S. and the West more diplomatic power against China to keep its area of the world in order and might allow more cooperation in cutting off financial capabilities of North Korean officials. It is widely known that they have investments and assets outside the country and participate in monetary exchange and use foreign banks (primarily China). The US has long hoped to be able to put pressure to close some of these accounts and further isolate North Korea into their own deteriorated economy. Maybe this will allow that to happen.

It's called give them billions in aid. The leader of NK looks like he has some mental illness issues, and I'm being serious.

This is what they do. When they start to run out of money, they act up like a petulant child. We send them billions, then they shut up for a while. Rinse and repeat.

The real question is: who cares?

North Korea has been a nuclear power for 10 years already. What effect has it had on the world? None whatsoever.

Aside from the fun of fear mongering and sensationalism, there's no story here. A country with The Bomb made a bigger bomb.[/QUOTE

]did they have long range delivery systems ten years ago like they may have soon? Hmmm

The US has long hoped to be able to put pressure to close some of these accounts and further isolate North Korea into their own deteriorated economy. Maybe this will allow that to happen.

This was working with Iran until 'Bammy stepped in and rewarded them for being idiots. Do you really think NK will be any different? Thank Clinton for dismantling NK's nukes.

This was working with Iran until 'Bammy stepped in and rewarded them for being idiots. Do you really think NK will be any different? Thank Clinton for dismantling NK's nukes.
Obama's Iran deal is the Clinton NK deal v2.0.

Hmm. The White House says its probably fake, but this internet person claims to have "some knowledge of the subject" and says its probably real. Honestly, I trust both sources equally so it is a puzzle.

Hmm. The White House says its probably fake, but this internet person claims to have "some knowledge of the subject" and says its probably real. Honestly, I trust both sources equally so it is a puzzle.

In 2006 the White House initially claimed the first bomb was fake too.

And when I say "some knowledge" I'm not claiming any expertise on the subject, simply saying that I've followed the story since it began 10 years ago.

Well they are sending a sniffer plane so we should find out soon

NK.jpg

If they had actually detonated an H bomb, I suspect it would have killed everyone in North Korea.

that makes sense. blow up nukes underground, then wonder why you can't get crops to grow.

that makes sense. blow up nukes underground, then wonder why you can't get crops to grow.

They grow crops, it's just that they sell them abroad, and give almost nothing to their own folk.

Let's remember that this is the country that claimed to have landed on the sun and brought back samples, all within a 24 hour period.

They grow crops, it's just that they sell them abroad, and give almost nothing to their own folk.

Let's remember that this is the country that claimed to have landed on the sun and brought back samples, all within a 24 hour period.

Radiated crops. Where is the NK EPA!!!! Obama, your non Muslims friends in the NK need you!!