• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

No Bullshit, straight hard truth.

wig

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Regarding the question "What is the number one thing that can be done to improve the situation of black people in America?"

Get married, stay married. Bring back the traditional family unit and make it the core of your life, your neighborhood and your culture.

Regarding the question "What is the number one thing that can be done to improve the situation of black people in America?"

Get married, stay married. Bring back the traditional family unit and make it the core of your life, your neighborhood and your culture.
Stop being racist. That’s the white mans culture.

In the 70's Nixon finally killed off the Gold Standard. Since then, the U.S. (and the world) has spiralled into ever-increasing inflation. The gold standard dictated that American assets had a fixed and finite value. Moving away from the standard ensured the the only value on American assets, indeed world assets as America was the economic foundation for the entire civilized world) had no fixed value other than the labor produced by the citizenry. (The federal reserve determines the amount and 'value' of money in circulation based upon the amount of taxes that can be paid to "repay" the money in circulation.) In time, with no actual physical asset to stabilize currency, the fed has released more and more "money" into the economy taking less and less of a complete payment through our taxes until we pay merely the slightest fraction of the debt. This is a ponzi scheme of epic proportions and is ultimately doomed to failure.

Yet, this very scheme allows the wealthy to amass "wealth" in unimaginable ratio to the laboring class. If we were still on the gold standard and the ultra rich held 90% + of the country's assets, the rest of the populace would be mired in inimaginable poverty. Anti-trust laws and federal regulations would move to redistribute the wealth such that the country could continue to function, even thrive. But, with "fiat" money the economy can continue in a farcical half-life, slowly meandering toward utter collapse.

The only solution... Somebody has to eventually come in to power and reinstate a standard like the Gold Standard that establishes a physical asset as the base of the economy. The bonus? We'd have an economy truly grounded on actual assets and that would dramatically undermine inflation. The negative? Your $350k house and your $55k car would instantly be worth around $35k and and $4k. Your salary would drop precipitously. On the plus side, everything else you want to buy would also be scaled accordingly because your money, although much "less" would have dramatically greater purchasing power.

Good luck finding somebody with the balls to do it though.

"No bullshit, straight hard truth"?

This could be a short thread. That sentence is like kryptonite to politicians & their lemmings.

In the 70's Nixon finally killed off the Gold Standard. Since then, the U.S. (and the world) has spiralled into ever-increasing inflation. The gold standard dictated that American assets had a fixed and finite value. Moving away from the standard ensured the the only value on American assets, indeed world assets as America was the economic foundation for the entire civilized world) had no fixed value other than the labor produced by the citizenry. (The federal reserve determines the amount and 'value' of money in circulation based upon the amount of taxes that can be paid to "repay" the money in circulation.) In time, with no actual physical asset to stabilize currency, the fed has released more and more "money" into the economy taking less and less of a complete payment through our taxes until we pay merely the slightest fraction of the debt. This is a ponzi scheme of epic proportions and is ultimately doomed to failure.

Yet, this very scheme allows the wealthy to amass "wealth" in unimaginable ratio to the laboring class. If we were still on the gold standard and the ultra rich held 90% + of the country's assets, the rest of the populace would be mired in inimaginable poverty. Anti-trust laws and federal regulations would move to redistribute the wealth such that the country could continue to function, even thrive. But, with "fiat" money the economy can continue in a farcical half-life, slowly meandering toward utter collapse.

The only solution... Somebody has to eventually come in to power and reinstate a standard like the Gold Standard that establishes a physical asset as the base of the economy. The bonus? We'd have an economy truly grounded on actual assets and that would dramatically undermine inflation. The negative? Your $350k house and your $55k car would instantly be worth around $35k and and $4k. Your salary would drop precipitously. On the plus side, everything else you want to buy would also be scaled accordingly because your money, although much "less" would have dramatically greater purchasing power.

I agree with some of this but the part about the ultra rich vs. poverty is not right. There were wider gaps between the have and have not's during the time gold was the standard. This is what lead to anti-trust laws, formations of unions ETC... It had nothing to do with gold. There is a reason why Vanderbilt, Carnegie, and Rockefeller controlled a lot of the wealth while the gold standard was still around. It didn't stop the great depression and it won't cure all the ills of today either.

On more thing. When we were on the GS the government could still adjust the gold - money ratio.

Vader... pissin' on my economic corn-flakes with facts n ****...

Universal suffrage is the reason our country is going to ****. Allowing people that have no stake in how things go have a say in how things are run is a recipe for destruction of the republic.

The thing is the country is so great that it can handle a lot of stupidity. But can you imagine how great the country could be if it returned to limited government? Imagine getting rid of the dept. of education, dept. of agriculture, dept. of energy, and many many more. Decentralizing Washington D.C so that everyone doesn't work for the federal govt'. Moving what few offices remain out into the field where it should be working. It would be a beautiful thing.

Education, responsibility.
Mothers, fathers, teachers

I can't tell you how happy I would be if a "volunteer" came to my door to ask questions about my vaccination history.

I would begin by taking out a clipboard and asking the volunteer's full name and address and then asking if he/she has HPV, HIV, or if they engage in unprotected anal sex?

I can't tell you how happy I would be if a "volunteer" came to my door to ask questions about my vaccination history.

I would begin by taking out a clipboard and asking the volunteer's full name and address and then asking if he/she has HPV, HIV, or if they engage in unprotected anal sex?
I highly doubt Tiborat is gonna fly half way around the world to knock on your door.

Absolutely. If I'm in a good mood, I might actually open it and take out that clipboard and say "since you've come to my door that has a sign that says 'no soliticors', this must be very important" and continue on with first questioning their complete medical history, proof of vaccinations, occupation, proof of residency - and then proof they're not a registered sex offender, felon etc.

I see the scenario working out splendidly. (y)

I would answer the door like this....

image_2019-05-24%2008%3A09%3A44.250928%2B00%3A00

Lmao, actually that's how I'm going to do it! Brilliant again, Booted!

"Hello *hack, wheeze, hack* - pay no attention to these lumps or my green skin tone - my doctor said I still have about 6 six weeks to live and that he 'thinks' it's not contagious"

And Presidents who have tried to do this have a tendency to be assassinated, even long before the Clintons were around.