• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Nope. Walls don’t work.

Sarge

Contributor
Reaction score
May just be me Sarge, but I can't get that picture to load on multiple browsers.

Me either

Same here...Don't know if it's related but, ever since the board came back after it's little hiccup, it says "Not secure" before the site address in the address bar and I can't open the pictures.

It's been an issue when I try to upload pics too.

Same here. I quit trying to upload. I put pics on my Photobucket then copy the link and paste it between

With Sarge's pic I see the image but I can't blow it up to see what it means.

Well ****. I will delete the thread. Funnily enough, I can see the picture.

Don't delete it. It may end up being the most insightful thread of the year. You know this crowd.

Live down near the border. Went 4 wheeling for the weekend last month, Saw a couple of miles of a border wall. Not sure iif its new or not but I wouldn't want to scale it.

I thought the picture opening issue was just on my phone. I can open the picture in a new tab, but it is small and enlarging it makes it all blurry.

Just post the link and shut these ******* up already.

I was going to delete it, but I can't. And there is no link. It was a photo I took of the wall around Bagram Airbase. I mean if walls don't work, not sure why we have one here.

I was going to delete it, but I can't. And there is no link. It was a photo I took of the wall around Bagram Airbase. I mean if walls don't work, not sure why we have one here.

How about this?
bagram.jpg

Yep, pretty much...………..

I think it is high time to make the open borders people accountable.

There are some both inside and outside our country who are hellbent on destroying this country. Of this there can no longer be any doubt. At long last, the Department of Homeland Security has declared that open borders people are creating a situation that we are, as a nation, unprepared to deal with. They have finally stated that open borders proponents are overwhelming the system. This is no accident. If you want no borders, overwhelm the system designed to control the borders and there will no longer be borders. What is being done is purposeful. It is an idea created by sociology professors Richard Cloward and Frances Pivens in 1966. Their idea was to precipitate a crisis in the welfare system by overwhelming the system. Their hope was that the crisis would result in a guaranteed annual income for the poor and wipe out poverty. They theorized that by overwhelming the bureaucratic welfare system and creating disruption, change would occur.

There is little doubt that the very same theory is being applied to our current situation at our southern border and that it is being done by design. I maintain it is treasonous because its intent is to purposefully undermine the government's attempts to control its own borders and to create a national crisis, divisiveness, and disruption. Treason is defined as an attempt to overthrow the government. Overwhelming an institution of government like the border control system is not, per se, an attempt to overthrow the government. But, if one destroys the borders and the concept of borders for a nation, then there can be no sovereign state over which the government can preside. In essence, destroying the boundaries of a nation effectively dissolves the government and the entire system of governance.

th

I think it is high time to make the open borders people accountable.
Nobody wants open borders, that’s simply a myth - and yet another lie - propagated by Trump.

We just don’t support Trump’s harebrained, medevial wall, not on taxpayers dime. What happened to his initial plan to have Mexico foot the bill? Let’s get back to that. He said it over and over again and promised it would be easy. Until then, he should get out of the way and let the adults in the room, yes, the Democrats, end Trump’s idiotic government shut down.

Nobody wants open borders, that’s simply a myth - and yet another lie - propagated by Trump.

We just don’t support Trump’s harebrained, medevial wall, not on taxpayers dime. What happened to his initial plan to have Mexico foot the bill? Let’s get back to that. He said it over and over again and promised it would be easy. Until then, he should get out of the way and let the adults in the room, yes, the Democrats, end Trump’s idiotic government shut down.

So Democrats talking about abolishing ICE are not for open borders, they are for the honor system?

Incorrect again Tibs. Your party absolutely wants open borders. Stop believing the kool-aid you drink from the Times. I just posted about her self-admitted bias.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/...cratic-party-absolutely-supports-open-borders

The new guard of the Democratic Party absolutely supports open borders

A New York Times fact-check argues that “no, Democrats do not want ‘open borders.’” But it immediately and spectacularly falls flat because it fails to account for the unprecedented shift in liberal rhetoric and ignores the unmistakable new guard emerging on the Left.

The main fault of the fact check is the assumption that the current immigration debate is like everything before it. Anyone flipping through cable or scrolling through Twitter can see that this simply isn’t true. While both parties at least seemed to agree on the problem if not the solution in years past, liberals can’t even accept the humanity of conservatives who disagree with them.

President Trump has been compared to Hitler. The director of Immigration and Customs Enforcement has been compared to a Nazi. And former CIA Director Michael Hayden engaged in gross historical revisionism when he juxtaposed the temporary separation of adults and children on the U.S. southern border with the systematic genocide of the Holocaust.

Some of these analogies are more about scoring shares and likes and retweets. As Jonathan Tobin points out at National Review though, even cheap Internet points come at a cost. They have reframed the debate so that anyone crossing the border, seeking asylum or otherwise, is the bizarre equivalent of a Holocaust victim.

“We’ve arrived,” Tobin argues, “at a point when the law and policy arguments about how best to enforce it have become irrelevant.” When ICE agents are refashioned as fascists and illegal aliens become default martyrs then “there is no more middle ground.”

Current Democratic leadership balks at this characterization as the New York Times piece noted. The next generation isn’t as shy in their support for open borders. Just go ask them.

Rep. Keith Ellison, D-Minn., isn’t on the fringe of the Left. He is the second ranking member of the Democratic National Committee and he basically wears his immigration policy on his sleeve. More specifically, the No. 2 Democrat wore a T-Shirt that literally said “I don’t believe in borders.”

Cynthia Nixon is an insurgent to be sure. Her challenge of Andrew Cuomo for the Democratic nomination for New York governor is quickly making her an all-star. "Time's up on progressive change and waiting for progressive change in New York," Nixon said in April before the border crisis even began.

And what would that progressive change look like? Drivers licenses for illegal aliens and turning New York into “a sanctuary state.” Nixon hasn’t called for abolishing the border just yet. Still it’s obvious she wants to make it meaningless for anyone who has already crossed over it illegally.

The most honest voice on the Left is also the newest. A left-wing, Bernie Sanders volunteer named Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez just offed Rep. Joe Crowley, the New York Democrat who was waiting in the wings to take over for Nancy Pelosi. Young and earnest at just 28-years-old, Ocasio-Cortez ran on a simple far-left platform that included abolishing ICE.

The progressive darling made the rounds on cable Wednesday to introduce the rest of the country to the message that had just helped her win in New York the night before. Abolishing ICE wasn’t just a question of enforcement at the border. It is about enforcing a redefined idea of the border itself.

"We are committing human-rights abuses on this border in separating children from their families and that, you know, is part of the structure of the agency," Ocasio-Cortez told CNN. "We can replace it with a humane agency that is directed towards safe passage instead of the direction of the criminalization."

The policy of Ocasio-Cortez and the growing number who agree with her is one where enforcement of White House policy makes ICE agents not just cruel but actually inhumane. Her solution requires a completely new agency and a completely new vision of the border where border patrol become travel agents instead of law enforcement. They won’t deter anyone entering illegally. Instead they will offer “safe passage.”

Whether the New York Times admits it or not, the new Left is headed in one direction and that’s towards open borders.