• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Oakorafor------------- muddled handling

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Oakorafor says it's not up to him on his return.

Article is from "Home" page here at STEELERNATION.COM, good read and a little insight to his benching.

It does lead me to believe there was a mistake in how Coach Tomlin handled the #1 draft pick B.Jones. Why wait so long to insert him and why the fuc put him at
Out of position RT. Moore has been disastrous, had Jones been starting LT from the get go, imagine how much better this line would have been down the stretch.

https://www.steelernation.com/2024/01/16/steelers-offensive-lineman-chukwuma-okorafor-regrets

Well, afterall, greatest coach ever is the smartest guy in the room.
Should have been starting Jones at LT out of the gate and Moore as the RT.
And to have signed Chuks to a three 27 million dollar deal was just asinine.
That money could have been used to sign a good OL in FA last year.

Can you say Kevin Dotson, went out and signed McDaniels when we probably had our RG all along. Nothing against McDaniels but Dotson seems to have really come on once moved to where he played in college and then there was the guard we drafted from Illinois and ....

Can you say Kevin Dotson, went out and signed McDaniels when we probably had our RG all along. Nothing against McDaniels but Dotson seems to have really come on once moved to where he played in college and then there was the guard we drafted from Illinois and ....

Passed on one hellA center too !!! Instead we got Green, not money.

Salute the nationj

While this is a true, let’s not forget that Dotson would show up to camp out of shape, and had issues with plays, etc. (at least I seem to recall these being real bullet points regarding his progress). Dotson didn’t do himself any favors when here, whether he played RG/LG/wherever the **** they wanted to try him.

I am going to start pointing out that had we drafted Creed humprey, we would have immediately shifted him to LT or Rb or something... because we bee smarrrter then uther peoples.. 🤣

No ****, we took a QB in the 1st that was in a low rated QB class. We had two chances at Creed. Our TE and QB both are lagging behind what Creed has / is becoming, a dominant force for 8-12+ years. Add in current Broderick Jones and you have two Bona five staples of thOL

But don’t fear as they both would get Tomlinized and ,….. well you know where that gets them…… Jones is already headed in that direction……

Salute the nation

I am going to start pointing out that had we drafted Creed humprey, we would have immediately shifted him to LT or Rb or something... because we bee smarrrter then uther peoples.. 🤣
I wouldn’t put it past them to try and convert him to QB, since he would have been a first rounder.

I give a LOT of credit to Broderick Jones, for learning how to play a completely different position on the fly. He also even became marginally competent at that. After all the years he played on the left, that switch requires 120% effort to build new muscle memory.

Jones has to move back to LT as the 1 for next season. That has to be stated now. We need a new RT. It could be Moore. After all, as bad as he's been at LT, Chuks was worse. Hopefully, Moore can be better than Chuks at RT with an offseason of practicing it. Tomlin should be telling him that in their season exit interview.

whole ******* OL has been a clusterfuck. considering the bullshit we've seen with how half the line ran block on pass downs while others did what they wanted, and vise versa on pass downs... I wonder if Chuks really could be good at RT with a quality OL coach. Or if Moore could be better... hell, if any and all of these guys could be better.

I thought he started strong and then slipped a bit later in season..

Rookie wall maybe?
A lot of rookie tackles really struggle in their first year or two and often still develop into very talented players. I think Jones came in raw compared to some others and needed to develop technique, but had enough natural athleticism to overcome weaknesses. Those were probably exposed even more playing out of position.

I think when Okorafor was benched and the bullshit kept going on with the wrs Tomlin lost part of this team.

who is Mcdaniels?

whole ******* OL has been a clusterfuck. considering the bullshit we've seen with how half the line ran block on pass downs while others did what they wanted, and vise versa on pass downs... I wonder if Chuks really could be good at RT with a quality OL coach. Or if Moore could be better... hell, if any and all of these guys could be better.
Imagine if the Steelers had just played Green and Dotson at their natural G positions......such a wasted opportunity.
Jones rode pine while Chuks played poorly, just like Rudy did while the Canada/KFP/MT shitshow stumbled and bumbled until the stadium crowd gave Tomlin the idea that Rudy needed to start.

A lot of rookie tackles really struggle in their first year or two and often still develop into very talented players. I think Jones came in raw compared to some others and needed to develop technique, but had enough natural athleticism to overcome weaknesses. Those were probably exposed even more playing out of position.
Jones coming in "raw" was more advanced than most of the OL rostered.

I enjoy reading this banter and opinions.
I find it very interesting/funny that when we draft someone (generally speaking) many on here are pleased (as many on here follow college ball closely).
We always have the 'steal of the draft'.
Then it seems their development just stalls.
More fuel to the coaching fire.

Chuks got benched for opining in game to not compete to protect from injury when the game was out of reach. Been watching football a long time, any player who said that and a coach (or even some players) would have sat his rear down immediately. There are players and coaches who don’t like to lose, and when you are quitting on the field you are going to hear about it. Imagine if Peezy was still on the team. No doubt there would have been some serious “conversations” between the two.

Okafor signed that deal under the impression he was getting moved to LT eventually
No ****, we took a QB in the 1st that was in a low rated QB class. We had two chances at Creed. Our TE and QB both are lagging behind what Creed has / is becoming, a dominant force for 8-12+ years. Add in current Broderick Jones and you have two Bona five staples of thOL

But don’t fear as they both would get Tomlinized and ,….. well you know where that gets them…… Jones is already headed in that direction……

Salute the nation

I believe the year Creed was drafted, we took harris and friermuth before him. pickett was the year after

Okafor signed that deal under the impression he was getting moved to LT eventually

I believe the year Creed was drafted, we took harris and friermuth before him. pickett was the year after

Correct and as you can see I just lumped everything together.

Saluter the nation