• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Obamacare open enrollment starts today!

oneforthebus

Contributor
Reaction score
My current United Healthcare plan is no longer being offered, and SURPRISE! The website to shop for plans is not working.

It's not their fault though, they've only had three years to work on it.

Here's hoping the government will one day run daycare and college too!

Oh, I also hear premiums increases for PA have been approved to be anywhere from 25-50% increases.

My current United Healthcare plan is no longer being offered, and SURPRISE! The website to shop for plans is not working.

It's not their fault though, they've only had three years to work on it.

Here's hoping the government will one day run daycare and college too!

Oh, I also hear premiums increases for PA have been approved to be anywhere from 25-50% increases.

Don't worry, the government will cover most of the expenses by printing money and going into more debt. Just ask for subsidies and tax credits.

I heard those premium increasing is a FoxNews lie and that EVERYONE in the US qualifies for subsidies that reduce your total bill to $3.75 a month. That $3.75 can then be deducted from your taxes and EVERYONE gets a $4500.00 "Earned Income Credit" to buy a new Widescreen TV! Don't forget to apply for the new iPhone 7 Bommaphone which comes with free unlimited data for those making under $12K a year!

My daughters premiums are going up from 170 a month to $395 a month. Bommacare only works for you if you don't work and you are a deadbeat sponging of the system.

49ded2238ba4eaaca94bf22f509c13db3e7699d8a1934664cd942a491650b05f.jpg

It's just like buying a starter home.

We do not qualify for any subsidies. We are currently paying 970/month with an 11000 deductible and 20% copay after that. Cheapest I have seen so far for next year is 1410/mo with a 13000 deductible and 50% copay. 41000 annual out of pocket max. Hardly seems worth it.

idiots. just put it on your WhitePrivilege card.
works like magic

How does anyone (outside of the army of government workers we have now) think having the government handle everything (especially healthcare) is a good thing. Just look at the VA and on your local level, how the DMV operates. They could give less than a @#$@ about the customer because they know the door will always be open. Businesses that actually have to turn a profit and bring in/retain customers are a different story.

So would you rather have a long time government employee or a businessman run things?

We do not qualify for any subsidies.

There's your problem right there. Stop working so hard, or successfully.

In fact, stop working entirely and become employed with the government.

We are currently paying 970/month with an 11000 deductible and 20% copay after that. Cheapest I have seen so far for next year is 1410/mo with a 13000 deductible and 50% copay. 41000 annual out of pocket max. Hardly seems worth it.

Wow. You check of HMO prices? They cannot be that high.

My daughters premiums are going up from 170 a month to $395 a month. Bommacare only works for you if you don't work and you are a deadbeat sponging of the system.

As it was said when BommaCare first passed, the only people who wanted it were the ones who weren't going to use it and the ones who weren't going to pay for it.

There's your problem right there. Stop working so hard, or successfully.

In fact, stop working entirely and become employed with the government.

Wow. You check of HMO prices? They cannot be that high.

That is HMO. PPOs are higher...1500-3300/month. This is for 5 of us and again, haven't been able to check out the exchange rates yet as Healthcare.gov is inexplicably not ready for the beginning of open enrollment. But from what I understand there is only 1 company left on the exchange
in PA so I doubt it will be much lower.

Where are all of the Bammy voters to defend the absolute collapse of a deeply horrible plan. And notice, we don't see many candidates bragging about supporting it in their current campaigns. A ******* disaster that didn't have to happen.

Where are all of the Bammy voters to defend the absolute collapse of a deeply horrible plan. And notice, we don't see many candidates bragging about supporting it in their current campaigns. A ******* disaster that didn't have to happen.

Obama supporters blame George W. Bush for not being a good enough President to see that a Republican mopped the floor with the fundamentally-flawed Obama, thereby preventing the shipwreck known as Obamacare.

We do not qualify for any subsidies. We are currently paying 970/month with an 11000 deductible and 20% copay after that. Cheapest I have seen so far for next year is 1410/mo with a 13000 deductible and 50% copay. 41000 annual out of pocket max. Hardly seems worth it.

Wow...that isn't even catastrophic care. Remember when they said that our high deductible plans weren't good enough? It was better than what you're facing.

Yep, I almost starting to wish for universal healthcare. At least everyone will have to pay for the ****** insurance, not just a few of us.

I'm pretty sure that the ones not paying now wouldn't be paying under universal healthcare.

I'm pretty sure that the ones not paying now wouldn't be paying under universal healthcare.
Hell no, you don't get 101% of their votes if you make them do that.

Yep. So much for "paying your fair share," I guess, unless "paying your fair share" means having others pay for your ****.

Wow...that isn't even catastrophic care. Remember when they said that our high deductible plans weren't good enough? It was better than what you're facing.

We had more medical expenses than normal this year...a broken arm, lacrosse stick to the throat requiring ER and an MRI, some PT...still didn't sniff meeting the deductible. All out of pocket.

Now the rub is that we pay the rates negotiated by the insurance companies...without insurance we'd have to pay close to double for all that stuff as well as full price for all of our preventative care. But it still wouldn't have exceeded the premium and deductible. And that's with paying 45% less that we will likely pay this year.

The biggest problem with this system is how is stifles competition, both among insurance companies and providers. All plans have to cover the exact same things, and have to cover a bunch of stuff many people don't want or need. The only variables are whether you want to get screwed more up front or screwed more if you actually get sick. If insurance companies were allowed to offer an actual variety of plans, and compete with each other across geographic areas, and if consumer price choice entered into the equation in any way shape or form, we would see far more people signing up and costs would plummet. My family for example would be buying only catastrophic coverage and paying for our preventative care out of pocket...which would cause us to compare provider prices and help to bring costs down. There is no reason to do that now, in fact we can't even get a provider price quote ahead of time. It's just "take your services and we'll tell you what you owe later". What other kind of business could sustain itself like that without mandating people to buy it? No wonder costs keep rising.

As it is, we are some of the few who can actually afford to pay for this (albeit by greatly reducing or eliminating our college and retirement savings), and we are forced to question whether it isn't financially more feasible for us to just roll the dice and take the penalty. If we had a slightly lower income buying this wouldn't be an option. The subsidy limit is 90,000...after taxes you bring home maybe 50 or 60,000 and you're supposed to be able to afford 41,000 in out of pocket costs? So what will that do? Cause more people to drop out and drive premiums up even higher.

As ark says, working as intended. Ultimately it will be the government who drives prices down, by rationing care. Instead of allowing us to decide what we value and what we don't and how much we're willing to pay for it.

Sorry for the long rant, it's incredibly frustrating to me, and why Republicans can't explain this situation to people and how to fix it in simple terms, and what we risk if we go the socialized medicine route, I will never understand.