• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Offseason arrests starting early

CoolieMan

Most Intelligent Poster
Forefather
Reaction score
the eagles haven't ever reached the offseason yet, but.......................

Eagles rookie offensive lineman Josh Sills was indicted on rape and kidnapping charges in his native Ohio this week.

Prosecutors said the 25-year-old Sills “did engage in sexual conduct” with a victim and “purposely compelled her to submit by force or threat of force” in an alleged incident that occurred in Guernsey County on December 5, 2019, The New York Post reports.

The Guernsey County Sheriff’s Office conducted an investigation into the case and a grand jury indicted Sills on one felony count of rape and one felony count of kidnapping this week.

“In December 2019, the indictment says, Sills engaged in sexual activity that was not consensual and held a victim against her will. The crime was immediately reported, and the Guernsey County Sheriff’s Office conducted a detailed investigation,” the Ohio Attorney General said in a news release.

guernsey county is 2 counties away. It's a repressed rural area. The big town is Cambridge OH, and Cambridge is a **** hole.

They wait three years to arrest him???

UFA, played in one game. Pretty easy to eliminate that distraction. He can get on with his life's work which appears to be joining a prison gang to avoid being raped himself.

I can’t imagine arresting him three years later doesn’t make it difficult for prosecutors to prove “beyond a reasonable doubt”.

This kind of reminds me of those San Diego players who all got arrested years after and all released from whatever team they were on. Just to be exonerated later on. After 3 years in a case like this there's almost no way some new evidence came to light that should make this happen. Usually, it is the DA trying to get their face on TV for re-election. 3 months down the road charges dropped and someone's life is ruined with no repercussions to the people that ruined a life. Maybe that is not the case here but I will be interested to see what actually comes of this.

If he did what he's accused of doing, he's a P.O.S. and deserves no sympathy in regards to "timing" or anything else.

Sometimes it takes time to come forward and to investigate … got to hear the whole story to figure stuff out first, but doing it right before the super bowl lends itself to questioning the timing…
It said she reported immediately

Now a warrant on Joe Mixon has been issued. Bungle to the core

Joe’s is a minor charge. Allegedly waved a gun in a guy’s face and said he should be shot in the face…………

Truth or not, I think the victim will have sudden memory loss when it comes time to prosecute…… a money thingy

Salute the nation

PS

Mixon incident happened Jan. 21st.

Even Joe’s MomA says he is innocent and mumbled a money grab thingy.

Salute the nation