• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Oh, shocker, politicians getting rich off inside information and the virus.

Steeltime

They killed Kenny!
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
**** politicians - all of them. These clowns should be taken off the floor of the House and Senate, stripped naked, and hanged in public.

After Congressional Coronavirus Meetings, Pelosi Bought $5 Million in Amazon Stock Before U.S. Retailers Were Forced to Close; And She Already Made Millions

Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi and her husband are cashing in already on $5 million of Amazon stock purchased during the time frame that closed-door coronavirus meetings were being conducted in Congress.

As of Tuesday morning, the Pelosi stock purchase had already earned the couple $1.1 million in less than 10 weeks. The Amazon share price climbed close to $2,000 on Tuesday. Paul Pelosi, the speaker’s husband, got in at a price of $1,600 per share and grabbed 3,000 shares on Jan. 17, according to financial disclosure filings.

Additionally, Paul Pelosi held 40 additional call options on Amazon stock too and sold those on Jan. 17 as well, netting him between $500,000 and $1 million, filings shows.

That’s like a quick $2 million in profit.

https://truepundit.com/after-congre...orced-to-close-and-she-already-made-millions/

Senator Dumped Up to $1.7 Million of Stock After Reassuring Public About Coronavirus Preparedness

Soon after he offered public assurances that the government was ready to battle the coronavirus, the powerful chairman of the Senate Intelligence Committee, Richard Burr, sold off a significant percentage of his stocks, unloading between $628,000 and $1.72 million of his holdings on Feb. 13 in 33 separate transactions.

As the head of the intelligence committee, Burr, a North Carolina Republican, has access to the government’s most highly classified information about threats to America’s security. His committee was receiving daily coronavirus briefings around this time, according to a Reuters story.

A week after Burr’s sales, the stock market began a sharp decline and has lost about 30% since.

https://www.propublica.org/article/...ssuring-public-about-coronavirus-preparedness

Sometimes I’m tired of being the sheep.

I don't even know why they bother to pretend anymore. Just do your **** out in the open. I mean, it's not like we can do anything about it.

The most important question I want a reporter to ask a candidate for any office is "what is you position on term limits?"

Time for limits of service. **** these geriatrics the milk us and do nothing for us.

Now you're speaking my language. It's long overdue. We have that power to do it. This **** storm should be enough to get enough states on board to do it. **** these people in Congress &Senate. They tax and spend us into oblivion all while lining their own pockets with gold. Bunch of ******* criminals.

Now you're speaking my language. It's long overdue. We have that power to do it. This **** storm should be enough to get enough states on board to do it. **** these people in Congress &Senate. They tax and spend us into oblivion all while lining their own pockets with gold. Bunch of ******* criminals.

And here is what drives me crazy. If every politician were to drop dead today, almost nobody would notice.

Your delivery driver drops dead, you get no detergent or gasoline. You notice.

Your grocer drops dead, you have no market for milk, bread. You notice.

Your doctor drops dead, you get no medical care. You notice.

Your lawyer drops dead, your case goes poof and you lose money, or go to jail. You notice.

Your actuary drops dead, you don't know how much longer you are expected to live. You kinda notice.

Politicians drop dead? Nobody notices, nobody cares.

So explain to me how and why these losers get rich off of us for doing nothing that matters to any of us?

And here is what drives me crazy. If every politician were to drop dead today, almost nobody would notice.

Your lawyer drops dead, your case goes poof and you lose money, or go to jail. You notice.

Your actuary drops dead, you don't know how much longer you are expected to live. You kinda notice.

So explain to me how and why these losers get rich off of us for doing nothing that matters to any of us?

I was with ya until that lawyer thing. ;-)

I was with ya until that lawyer thing. ;-)

Yeah, but like doctors, lawyers are somebody you hope not to need, but when you need him, you better find a good one and hope he handles your case well.

If he doesn't, the consequences are pretty damn bad.

They should have been smart like Joe Biden and put everything in their kids' names.

Good point.

These ******** have conned the people and have left us to dry for the longest time.
Struggling families/workers being laid off left and right, shut down economy and they all continued on pushing their agendas.

Probably given the current draconian measures implemented on a society that cherishes liberty. We've all been pretty obedient little dogs up to this point.

Even libertarians don't want to die. For the most part so far, government directions have generally made sense. **** will hit the fan if and when it doesn't make sense and if the bureaucrats enjoy their newfound power over the plebes a little too much.

Even libertarians don't want to die. For the most part so far, government directions have generally made sense. **** will hit the fan if and when it doesn't make sense and if the bureaucrats enjoy their newfound power over the plebes a little too much.

Absolutely. There's a point that it will no longer make sense. It's at the doorstep in 2-3 more weeks. After that we have to start working. Keep measures of staying away from people. Make everyone wear masks if need be. Keep the old and sick segregated from the general population for a few months extra or longer. It's weak enough for us to develop herd immunity in the bulk of the population. Let the young and strong pull the wagon for a little.