• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Oh, those lovable Pouncey twins!

I heard the Pounceys were hanging with Johnny Football last night, oh the stories. Guns, coke, *******..........

Each has his own personality Im sure. I hope you can understand that.

You read the following, that I wrote above? "If a son leaves the family home and shames himself, he shames his family. Roger used this same logic as partial basis to punish Ben...Ben's actions reflected poorly on the NFL. And similarly, Mike's actions reflect on Maurkice and vice versa. This does not mean that if Mike commits murder, you blame Maurkice. I hope you can see the difference."

Following is an article that I think most adequately sums up my feelings on the subject: http://www.Invalid Link - Check SN Home Page/2014/07/maurkice-pouncey-wise-learn-incident/

I dont necessarily believe that. That only extends so far. If you have done all you can and taught that son the right way and they still choose to go astray thats on them. Maybe there is some initial shame cause of the connection but to question one person's character because of the actions of another even if they are twins is a reach.

LOL...it would appear, over the past 2 pages, that you simply want to argue - to argue. You've missed simple points I've made, such as "no, I'm not accusing him of murder, but the Pounceys are certainly poor judges of character" only to have you rebut that by saying the article I posted indicated that they were not a part of the shooting or named in the police report. Really? You put letters in bold to remind me that they had nothing to do with the murders when I specifically stated I'm not accusing them of murder, only for poor judgment and possible bad character? That's akin to me saying the sky is blue and you arguing that the sky is - blue.

And to that I'll point back to my original comments. I believe the night club story will be proven false, and they should be given the benefit of the doubt, but the Pounceys have shown questionable judgment (our own included) and it should be a cause for concern.

If those vague, non-accusatory feelings of mine have your panties in a bunch, well...enjoy the fit.

Actually, you stated that they were with him on a night when he committed murder. Read your article. Hernandez may have shot someone that night, but no one died. Moreover, the Pouncey's may have been with him earlier that night, but they don't appear to have been with him when the shooting occurred. Not arguing to argue. But not sitting back taking misconstrued information as verified "down from the mountaintop" gospel either.

As far as your argument that the Pouncey's are some modern day version of the Corsican twins ... well, as I said, pure genius.

Get your facts straight. Come back with a better theorem and then let's discuss this from a realistic standpoint.

Btw, your vague "non-accusatory" (hell, let's call it what it is passive/aggressive) feelings of yours mean about as much to me as .... well some dude spouting drivel on the internet.

Last edited:
Actually, you stated that they were with him on a night when he committed murder.

I did state that...because they were with him on that night. I stand correct, the night of a "shooting", not a murder. Sorry, it's hard to keep all of Hernandez's shootings/murders in line.

the Pouncey's may have been with him earlier that night, but they don't appear to have been with him when the shooting occurred.

Again, as I stated originally " It's about being present on the nights Hernandez was accused of murder [shootings]." I didn't say they were with him when the acts occurred. Not sure why you keep making that point, as I've not made it. They were in his company partying on a night when he purportedly committed said shootings.

Not arguing to argue. But not sitting back taking misconstrued information as verified "down from the mountaintop" gospel either.

As far as your argument that the Pouncey's are some modern day version of the Corsican twins ... well, as I said, pure genius.

You are, indeed. Furthermore, could you work a little harder to take my words out of context? It seems you've lumped me in with the crowd that doesn't want Pouncey. Negative. I'm glad we signed him. I hope he can remain healthy. And I hope he stays clean. That said, my points stand as far as them being twins. As twins will do, they do a lot together. They have a tighter bond "typically" than most siblings. And yeah, when both of them are wearing the same FREE HERNANDEZ hats, well...it's shows at least in some way they do act alike. Corsican? I didn't say they felt each other's pain or read each other's minds.

Get your facts straight. Come back with a better theorem and then let's discuss this from a realistic standpoint.

Btw, your vague "non-accusatory" (hell, let's call it what it is passive/aggressive) feelings of yours mean about as much to me as .... well some dude spouting drivel on the internet.

Save for trying, in a liberal Alinsky way to discredit me over shootings/murders, what facts have I laid out that are wrong? That the two have collectively shown poor judgment and that their character should be questioned in light of their behavior?

My original statement stands: "the Pouncey twins, since coming to the NFL, have had moments of questionable judgment that should be cause for concern. Wearing clothing in support of Aaron Hernandez has nothing to do with alcohol, being out in a bar, or partying, as you allude to. Yet it is a pretty big red flag and statement about character that at the least should have us proceed with "caution" in judging these young men."

Are you saying if you were the owner of the Dolphins or the Steelers, you wouldn't be concerned about these behaviors, at least have a discussion with them about their less than judicious use of judgment?

Anyway, stop lumping me into this category of people you feel "pity" for, who've never partied and don't understand. Been there, done that...but I'm not in that crowd of Pouncey detractors. If you think so by my comments, then you're looking for that to be the case when it's not. I'll be lining up with my sons to get his autograph at training camp if we can do so.

Last edited:
You actually ask a great question in the above. Not just for me, but for any Steelers fan out there. "If I/We were the owner of the Steelers, would I/We be concerned about Maurkice Pouncey's behaviors and at least have a discussion with him about his judgment"?

In answer, I would have had a discussion with him after the Hernandez hat situation. It would have entailed how even the appearance of inappropriate activity can lead to situations where your character comes into question, even if you are a person of good character. I don't believe that I would have had that discussion with him about the Dolphins hazing/bullying situation because quite honestly it had nothing to do with my team. Now, I'm kinda torn about discussing this latest incident with him as it appears to be a frivolous claim at this point. Do I look at the kid like he's damaged goods because of two incidents that happened when he was a Steeler? Nope.

As far as prior incidents when he was in college. I'd think they discussed those with him prior to the draft and came to a conclusion about his character at that point. I mean finding out that type of information prior to the draft is one of the duties of the scouting department.

Interestingly enough, the alleged victim in this issue can't seem to stick to the same story. First story was that the Pouncey's confronted him and they, along with the bouncers attacked him. Now? Apparently the Poucey's were taunting him in the VIP section and from there "someone" grabbed him, hit him, carried him outside and punched, kicked him and hit him with a bottle. Notice he does not state this time that the Pouncey's were the ones attacking him. Should be interesting to find out the truth such as it is.

http://www.Invalid Link - Check SN Home Page/2014/07/victims-alleged-nightclub-attack-expected-sue-pouncey-brothers/

You actually ask a great question in the above. Not just for me, but for any Steelers fan out there. "If I/We were the owner of the Steelers, would I/We be concerned about Maurkice Pouncey's behaviors and at least have a discussion with him about his judgment"?

In answer, I would have had a discussion with him after the Hernandez hat situation. It would have entailed how even the appearance of inappropriate activity can lead to situations where your character comes into question, even if you are a person of good character. I don't believe that I would have had that discussion with him about the Dolphins hazing/bullying situation because quite honestly it had nothing to do with my team. Now, I'm kinda torn about discussing this latest incident with him as it appears to be a frivolous claim at this point. Do I look at the kid like he's damaged goods because of two incidents that happened when he was a Steeler? Nope.

As far as prior incidents when he was in college. I'd think they discussed those with him prior to the draft and came to a conclusion about his character at that point. I mean finding out that type of information prior to the draft is one of the duties of the scouting department.

Based upon what you've written then, it seems we see eye to eye. I would have a chat with him after the hat incident. I would not have had a chat with him about Mike's incidents, because they are not his...save for to say something along the lines of "When you're out with your brother, keep it straight." I would have discussed this latest incident in light of the Ben incidents - "If you are in the wrong place at the wrong time, things like this can happen. Try to keep a low profile."

I don't see him as damaged goods. But I would have a closer eye on him, than say, other Steelers going forward only because these incidents seem to "find" him or he's found them. Again, neither of which means he's a bad guy, just showing some poor judgment.

Shaddup and tell the waiter to bring us another case of Cristal.

All I can think of when seeing this is he is going to die from OG over gold. Was that not the cause of death in gona get you sucka.

Based upon what you've written then, it seems we see eye to eye. I would have a chat with him after the hat incident. I would not have had a chat with him about Mike's incidents, because they are not his...save for to say something along the lines of "When you're out with your brother, keep it straight." I would have discussed this latest incident in light of the Ben incidents - "If you are in the wrong place at the wrong time, things like this can happen. Try to keep a low profile."

I don't see him as damaged goods. But I would have a closer eye on him, than say, other Steelers going forward only because these incidents seem to "find" him or he's found them. Again, neither of which means he's a bad guy, just showing some poor judgment.

He is wobbling close to duck status for me. Waddle waddle enough mofukah you area duck.

But yeah poor judgment. I have had my share of it in life, but you have to put on the breaks eventually. Especially as a professional. He is young but he will need to be less of the dumb...moving forward.

Interestingly enough, the alleged victim in this issue can't seem to stick to the same story. First story was that the Pouncey's confronted him and they, along with the bouncers attacked him. Now? Apparently the Poucey's were taunting him in the VIP section and from there "someone" grabbed him, hit him, carried him outside and punched, kicked him and hit him with a bottle. Notice he does not state this time that the Pouncey's were the ones attacking him. Should be interesting to find out the truth such as it is.

http://www.Invalid Link - Check SN Home Page/2014/07/victims-alleged-nightclub-attack-expected-sue-pouncey-brothers/

Funny how people who are full of **** end up with a different story every time they tell it. Sounds familiar.

Joe

Still no charges filed with/by police. Any talk about video of incident? Civil suit will get him nothing. This is over.

Still no charges filed with/by police. Any talk about video of incident? Civil suit will get him nothing. This is over.
Also the Rogmeister seems to have toned down his act in the past year. If Markice popped a dude on his own he may have been suspended but since Mike plays for another team, it's all good.

People trying to get their 15 min of fame anyway they can -- Check out the KDKA news report from tonight

http://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2014...ictim-files-lawsuit-against-pouncey-brothers/

Their attorney, Jeff Ostrow, released this statement:

“Mike and Maurkice were not involved in any altercation with the accuser or anyone else that night and did nothing wrong. It appears that the accuser is an opportunist seeking attention and possible financial gain. Any attempt by the accuser or anyone else to bring an action against them based upon these false allegations will be vigorously defended. If the accuser continues to ]perpetuate these lies, we will bring an action against him.”

Sounds like accusations by the accuser. Seems like another member of our beloved PITTSBURGH STEELERS team, that went through the accusation story. M. Pouncy, take head and grow up, this isn't the hood anymore. You have team mates / owners / fans / etc. responsibilities. Good luck, not with this incident, but with what you need to do, now that you are in the lite.

Salute the nation

seems a couple dtf's that were caught in the mosh were on ch 10 down here showing off some bruises on their legs, talkin about how the Pouncey's, the Cameo, and Obama are gonna pay their mortgage and gas bills.

uh huhhhh.

Sounds like accusations by the accuser. Seems like another member of our beloved PITTSBURGH STEELERS team, that went through the accusation story. M. Pouncy, take head and grow up, this isn't the hood anymore. You have team mates / owners / fans / etc. responsibilities. Good luck, not with this incident, but with what you need to do, now that you are in the lite.

Salute the nation

I'd like to take head and grow...

I'd like to take head and grow...

Awesomely funny, amazing what a miss spelled word can do ! :)

In the context of this thread it might not be as desirable as you think.

Amazingly correct, but one could hope, right? LOL

Salute the nation