• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Oscars viewing down 16%

I forgot it was on...but I record **** these days...can't sit through tons of commercials and **** I don't care about.

I was watching Walking Dead.

e3iiOuE.jpg

If a movie or TV series looks good to me then I'm going to watch it. I like the entertainment. I'm not going to punish myself for what those morons say. My "boycott" is just that idgaf about what they say or think. They don't influence me at all. And I didn't spend one second watching the Oscars. **** them. And **** Jimmy Kimmel.

I do want to see that! Looks good. Might have to get out to a theater and promote gun toting vigilantism.

Yeah you get what you get with Bruce Willis in that he doesn't really act. He just IS the character. And a remake of Charles Bronson is right up his alley. Looking forward to it.

The best picture nominees had weak box office and were not very popular. I think viewing the Oscars goes hand in hand with how well liked the movies
for the year were. Weakest year for best picture that I can remember.

If a movie or TV series looks good to me then I'm going to watch it. I like the entertainment. I'm not going to punish myself for what those morons say. My "boycott" is just that idgaf about what they say or think. They don't influence me at all. And I didn't spend one second watching the Oscars. **** them. And **** Jimmy Kimmel.

At this point Kimmel gets his monologues by fax from the DNC every afternoon.

Three Billboards was great. Rockwell deserved that award.

I don't boycott movies. I simply refuse to go and give those ******** my money.

I don't boycott movies. I simply refuse to go and give those ******** my money.
I only go see movies with the kids at the theater. I saw Three Billboards free on a plane.

I pay enough for cable, so I will watch it on On Demand or whathaveyou. Going to the movies is almost like going to a concert. Tix, popcorn, drink. . . damn! $50+ easy and that's for a couple. I pity the ones that have kids.

I pay enough for cable, so I will watch it on On Demand or whathaveyou. Going to the movies is almost like going to a concert. Tix, popcorn, drink. . . damn! $50+ easy and that's for a couple. I pity the ones that have kids.

Buy Cinemark gift cards at Giant Eagle and get your Fuelperks.

Won't go to a movie in primetime just from the hoodlum activity in and around our AMC theater. It's located in a mall where nothing good happens after dark. The matinee and lunch afterwards costs less than a primetime date would so good solution for that 1 movie I want to see every 3 years.

Our local theater in the college town got a huge makeover two years ago.

It is really, really nice now. Huge reclining chairs. Tons of room to walk down the isles even with all the chairs out. You buy tickets online with no surcharge and you pick your seat so you can show up 2 minutes before the movie starts and know exactly where you are sitting.

Plus they serve BEER. And the Goose Island IPA is $5 which is cheaper than a small popcorn. Matinee tickets on the weekends are $9 which I think is worth it for such a good theater.

To me it's kind of a fun day/night out, even if it's a tad pricey. But in all honesty I was paying $4 for movies when I was a teenager in the mid-80's so with inflation, movie tickets should be around $10.

Do I wish they wouldn't gouge you on the concessions? Absolutely. It's outrageous what they charge, and my wife is one of those "has to have popcorn" people while I am the sneak in a bottled water and some Raisinets and I'm happy kind of guy. Ehh... now that I get beer, that kind of makes up for all of it.

Our local theater in the college town got a huge makeover two years ago.

It is really, really nice now. Huge reclining chairs. Tons of room to walk down the isles even with all the chairs out. You buy tickets online with no surcharge and you pick your seat so you can show up 2 minutes before the movie starts and know exactly where you are sitting.

Plus they serve BEER. And the Goose Island IPA is $5 which is cheaper than a small popcorn. Matinee tickets on the weekends are $9 which I think is worth it for such a good theater.

To me it's kind of a fun day/night out, even if it's a tad pricey. But in all honesty I was paying $4 for movies when I was a teenager in the mid-80's so with inflation, movie tickets should be around $10.

Do I wish they wouldn't gouge you on the concessions? Absolutely. It's outrageous what they charge, and my wife is one of those "has to have popcorn" people while I am the sneak in a bottled water and some Raisinets and I'm happy kind of guy. Ehh... now that I get beer, that kind of makes up for all of it.

LOL, that's us. She has to have popcorn, pretzel nuggets, xtra large guzzler soda and doesn't finish any of it. I'd gladly bring the Raisinets and get something afterwards, but I guess it's the whole theater experience that she has to have The last movie I went to see was the latest Annabelle. Pretty good flick until I saw the three year old 5 seats down from me. Not sure why you would bring your child to see that. Certainly an experience every time I go.

Smuggle in the drinks.

My daughter went to the movies with the neighbors and my wife gave her a can of soda to sneak in. I’m not sure what the neighbor thought as he insisted on buying her a drink at the theater.

When my son and I went down to see Black Panther a couple weekends back, the first show we wanted to see (at 1PM) was sold out (even on it's 2nd weekend) and we ended up only being able to get 3rd row for the 4PM showing. I was a bit worried being that close but by the time you reclined the seats the whole way back I didn't have to crane my neck and it was actually not that bad at all.

Only problem was being fulling reclined and drinking beer didn't really go all that well together but I survived.

I only go to the theaters maybe 4-5 times a year, but as my kids get older I think my wife and I will go more often. We both enjoy it for the right movie. Maybe we'll go see Deadpool 2. We both liked the first Deadpool a lot.

I will say we mostly RedBox everything. There are lot of movies coming up soon on RedBox: Thor, Justice League, Shape of Water.

Two of the Best Picture Nominees (Three Bilboards and Lady Bird) are out today. Two more next week (I, Tonya and Call Me By Your Name)

We rented Wonder over the weekend as a family movie night and the whole family cried a bit. A bit sappy, but good message for the kids to watch.

Can't beat $2 to rent a movie. That's CHEAPER than what I payed in the mid 1980's....

Smuggle in the drinks.

My daughter went to the movies with the neighbors and my wife gave her a can of soda to sneak in. I’m not sure what the neighbor thought as he insisted on buying her a drink at the theater.

I've smuggled everything in at some point and the older I get, the more of a hassle it seems. Esp in the summer. The winter is easier because of coats and bulky clothing.

In high school we would always sit in the very back row of our little neighborhood theater where we could smoke and drink. The girls would bring pints in their purses. To smoke we would buy a large soda, drink it halfway down, use a pen to poke a hole in the side of the styrofoam cup, stick the cigarette in so only the but is sticking out, take the lid off, light it, put the lid back on. We blew the smoke straight up above us where the current from a big return air vent sucked it way. That wasn't the only thing that would get sucked away in that back row either. Fun times.

I'm so out of the loop. I haven't even heard of any of these movies. The last movie I saw in the theater was Star Wars TFA

When I was young, I used to think it was funny that older people didn't have a clue about current popular entertainment. Now that I'm older I realize, It's not that they were dumb, they just didn't give a ****. That's me now....just don't give a ****.

I'm so out of the loop. I haven't even heard of any of these movies. The last movie I saw in the theater was Star Wars TFA

When I was young, I used to think it was funny that older people didn't have a clue about current popular entertainment. Now that I'm older I realize, It's not that they were dumb, they just didn't give a ****. That's me now....just don't give a ****.

And that is why we aren't the target audience. I don't give a rats *** either.