• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Oscars viewing down 16%

When I was young, I used to think it was funny that older people didn't have a clue about current popular entertainment. Now that I'm older I realize, It's not that they were dumb, they just didn't give a ****. That's me now....just don't give a ****.

About 15 years ago, sometimes I would not know who the musical guest was on SNL, now sometimes I don’t know who the host is either.

I will occasionally pick up a People Magazine out of boredom, if I am in some waiting room. I'm familiar with few of the people showcased. I just laugh.

Sent from my [device_name] using Steeler Nation mobile app

I'm so out of the loop. I haven't even heard of any of these movies. The last movie I saw in the theater was Star Wars TFA

When I was young, I used to think it was funny that older people didn't have a clue about current popular entertainment. Now that I'm older I realize, It's not that they were dumb, they just didn't give a ****. That's me now....just don't give a ****.

I'm up on movies and TV shows because aside from Steelers/Pens that's my main form of entertainment. Music though, I'm lost. I listen to Howard, Rush and some local talk radio guys. If I listen to music it's the stuff I grew up on, like VH, AC/DC, Nugent... I don't know or understand today's music scene. And I like it that way.

I'm up on movies and TV shows because aside from Steelers/Pens that's my main form of entertainment. Music though, I'm lost. I listen to Howard, Rush and some local talk radio guys. If I listen to music it's the stuff I grew up on, like VH, AC/DC, Nugent... I don't know or understand today's music scene. And I like it that way.

Good music ended with Bon Jovi's third album.

Lowest ever.

They think it is because of so many other options available and the availability of streaming......

Who wants a trophy that represents white men misbehaving? #tear them down!!!

A big reason why the ratings are down viewers is politics. If these award shows keep injecting politics ( A conservative can't speak out unless he or she want a fair shake at getting work ) soon 75% (of the shrinking audience) will be lefties.

Who wants a trophy that represents white men misbehaving? #tear them down!!!

A big reason why the ratings are down viewers is politics. If these award shows keep injecting politics ( A conservative can't speak out unless he or she want a fair shake at getting work ) soon 75% (of the shrinking audience) will be lefties.

Hollywood hates America.

Gary Oldman Thanks ‘America’ In Oscars Speech – Crickets

Gary Oldman took home the Oscar for Best Actor at Sunday night’s 90th Academy Awards, but the Los Angeles audience withheld applause for one particular part of his thank you speech.

Oldman delivered a stellar performance as Winston Churchill in “The Darkest Hour,” and he earned applause when he thanked both the movie’s makeup team of Kazuhiro Tsuji, David Malinowski and Lucy Sibbick and his mother. His ode to his adopted country, America, resulted in crickets from the Hollywood elite.

“I’ve lived in America for the longest time, and I am deeply grateful to her for the loves and the friendships I have made and the many wonderful gifts it has given me,” Oldman said at the very beginning of his speech. “My home. My livelihood. My family and now Oscar.”

No applause.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/vSpR-oBx7h8" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Hollywood hates America.

Gary Oldman took home the Oscar for Best Actor at Sunday night’s 90th Academy Awards, but the Los Angeles audience withheld applause for one particular part of his thank you speech.

Oldman delivered a stellar performance as Winston Churchill in “The Darkest Hour,” and he earned applause when he thanked both the movie’s makeup team of Kazuhiro Tsuji, David Malinowski and Lucy Sibbick and his mother. His ode to his adopted country, America, resulted in crickets from the Hollywood elite.

“I’ve lived in America for the longest time, and I am deeply grateful to her for the loves and the friendships I have made and the many wonderful gifts it has given me,” Oldman said at the very beginning of his speech. “My home. My livelihood. My family and now Oscar.”

No applause.
Really, there was barely ANY applause during his speech until the end when he mentions his dear old mother.

Hollywood hates America.

No applause.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/vSpR-oBx7h8" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

They applauded at the end as is customary. Applauding at the mere mention of America, is not.

They applauded at the end as is customary. Applauding at the mere mention of America, is not.

He did not simply mention America, Trog. He pointed out his love for the country, the opportunities it has given him, and his thanks for this nation and its people.

Yes, comments praising America and her people once drew applause at the Oscars.

He did not simply mention America, Trog. He pointed out his love for the country, the opportunities it has given him, and his thanks for this nation and its people.

Yes, comments praising America and her people once drew applause at the Oscars.

Oh, for **** sake. Post 9-11?

So every person of the several thousand people at the Oscars was anti-American because they didn’t erupt into applause? I think you’re seeing what you want to see.

If he considers "Bon Jovi" as good music he is already lost.

I like Bon Jovi. Probably for different reasons than Ron does, but I like them.

Have you ever heard Shinedown? Adele? Ed Sheeran?

No. The only recent artist I listen to is Si Cranstoun because he sounds old-school.

If he considers "Bon Jovi" as good music he is already lost.

Remember, I live in Pittsburgh where we still rock mullets and Bon Jovi is king.

Last edited:
Oh, for **** sake. Post 9-11?

So every person of the several thousand people at the Oscars was anti-American because they didn’t erupt into applause? I think you’re seeing what you want to see.

and some of us believe you're an anti-American, hateful puke who wouldn't know Patriotism if Betsy Ross beat your *** with a flag pole.

I love the smell of Nothing Burger in the morning.

Ya gotta ask yourself why Trump was so tough with Kim when he bragged about North Korea’s nukes and such a ***** when Putin bragged about his?

Ya gotta ask yourself why Trump was so tough with Kim when he bragged about North Korea’s nukes and such a ***** when Putin bragged about his?

Well it's been reported tonight that Trump brokered a face to face meeting with Kim Jong to discuss the possible de-nuclearization of NK. That spells results to me and that's all I care about. This meaningless cloak and dagger "investigation" doesn't interest me in the least. It's been a long ******* time. Either they should produce something or give it the **** up. .

Childish to expect the same posture towards the Russian and North Korean nuclear situations.