• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Parents of Benghazi Victims Sue Hillary Clinton for Wrongful Death, Defamation

Spike

Reaction score
The parents of two Americans killed in the 2012 terrorist attacks on U.S. diplomatic facilities in Benghazi, Libya, filed a wrongful death lawsuit in federal court Monday against Hillary Clinton.

In the suit, Patricia Smith and Charles Woods, the parents of Sean Smith and Tyrone Woods, claim that Clinton's use of a private e-mail server contributed to the attacks. They also accuse her of defaming them in public statements.

Smith was an information management officer and Woods was a security officer, both stationed in Benghazi.

"The Benghazi attack was directly and proximately caused, at a minimum by defendant Clinton's 'extreme carelessness' in handling confidential and classified information," such as the location of State Department employees in Libya, the lawsuit said.

While no such connection has ever been established, their lawsuit called it "highly probable" that Clinton sent and received information about the activities of U.S. Ambassador Christopher Stevens.

Such information, the lawsuit claimed, "easily found its way to foreign powers" and was then obtained by Islamic terrorists.

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/t...ary-clinton-wrongful-death-defamation-n625861

---------------------------------

I hope this will be covered 24/7 by the media

Clinton-Propped-NRD-6001.jpg

The wrongful death claim will be tossed by a Federal judge; the defamation action may survive the pleading stage. I base this on my considerable experience with Federal judges while prosecuting and defending civil cases.

You will not find a less friendly group of people on earth for handling a plaintiff's civil case than Federal judges.

I guess this means she can't talk about it anymore huh?

The wrongful death claim will be tossed by a Federal judge; the defamation action may survive the pleading stage. I base this on my considerable experience with Federal judges while prosecuting and defending civil cases.

You will not find a less friendly group of people on earth for handling a plaintiff's civil case than Federal judges.

Sovereign immunity will come into play with the wrongful death case as well I would imagine.

the defamation action may survive the pleading stage

Hillary claimed they are lying. Either she is or they are. Time to find out.

You can't plead the 5th in a civil trial, can you? She will have to answer.

It will never make it any where; entire system is corrupt. Judges will do what they are told and toss it out.

"During her campaign for President, Defendant Clinton has negligently, recklessly, and/or maliciously defamed Plaintiffs by either directly calling them liars, or by strongly implying that they are liars, in order to protect and enhance her public image and intimidate and emotionally harm and silence them to not speak up about the Benghazi attack on at least four separate occasions"

Plaster that in the headlines for the next month - the lawsuit itself doesn't matter

Where is Pence in this kind of news? He needs to get it on the front page, while Trump talks on his three pillars - security, immigration, economy. Trump is too scattered.

Trump is too scattered.

I agree, his messages don't seem to flow, if ya know what I mean. Sounds a little like a Waffle House order----smothered, covered and scattered. he's definitely not the orator Barry is but then, neither is the Hildebeast.

th
th

Saw this on the news not long ago (NBC) and the anchors were doing their best not to laugh at this. But hey...there's no media bias.

Saw this on the news not long ago (NBC) and the anchors were doing their best not to laugh at this. But hey...there's no media bias.

That's because the lawyer is Larry Klayman. Suing for political purposes is all he does.

That's because the lawyer is Larry Klayman. Suing for political purposes is all he does.

I don't care about the lawyer. It's a slap in the face to the parents of the victims that the media is treating them like this. They are treating it like a joke, and it's not.

But they wouldn't be laughing if Klayman was representing a Republican facing the same circumstances. The cartoon in the OP is so spot on and you know it.

Yes they would. Look him up. He's sued his mother. He has a suit against the RNC right now. He sued Obama for bringing ebola into the US to kill white people. He has multiple sanctions. If the parents had a case, they'd have a different lawyer.

STEVE DOOCY (HOST): The parents of two Americans killed in Benghazi hitting Hillary Clinton with a wrongful death lawsuit claiming her use of a private server led terrorists to their sons among other things. So do they have a case and what does this mean for Hillary?

[...]

ANDREW NAPOLITANO: Quite frankly, I don't think either parts of this lawsuit are going to go -- they're certainly not going to go anywhere during the election campaign.

DOOCY: Not before November.

NAPOLITANO: Judges will not rule on something like this during the campaign and they don't like to rule on cases like this at all because they view them as essentially political. If you don't like Hillary, go on television and tell everybody why you don't like her. Don't bother the judicial system. That would be the attitude of most federal judges.

DOOCY: OK, so if a judge would not address this until after the election, this is obviously just to inflict as much political damage onto Hillary Clinton as they possibly could.

NAPOLITANO: The lawyer here who a lot of us know Larry Klayman is a real gadfly who has been driving Hillary and folks who agree with her crazy with lawsuits for many years. And this is just another one of them.

So what you have here is another frivolous lawsuit.

Yes they would. Look him up. He's sued his mother. He has a suit against the RNC right now. He sued Obama for bringing ebola into the US to kill white people. He has multiple sanctions. If the parents had a case, they'd have a different lawyer.

I said if a Republican were involved facing the SAME CIRCUMSTANCES...that includes being in an election year. They'd take this guy as serious as a heart attack.

Even if we can't agree, you can however agree that the mainstream media other than FOX is notoriously left wing biased. Right?

I said if a Republican were involved facing the SAME CIRCUMSTANCES...that includes being in an election year. They'd take this guy as serious as a heart attack.

Even if we can't agree, you can however agree that the mainstream media other than FOX is notoriously left wing biased. Right?

no. I can agree most individuals in the news have been over the years. Comes with the higher education. MSNBC has a left slant by design, just as Fox has a right slant. Most other serious news organizations are money driven only.

no. I can agree most individuals in the news have been over the years. Comes with the higher education. MSNBC has a left slant by design, just as Fox has a right slant. Most other serious news organizations are money driven only.

That's just sheer ignorance. Or you're intentionally being obtuse. Or both. Most other news organizations are not simply money driven. CNN (the Clinton News Network)? Really LOL. NBC, ABC, CBS all follow in tow. You are aware of the links between MSNBC and NBC, right? LOL You've read about Chuck Todd (NBC) and Debbie WS's email exchanges, correct?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...licans-thats-far-less-than-even-a-decade-ago/

Just 7 percent of journalists are Republicans. That’s far fewer than even a decade ago. = translation - 93% of journalists are Democrat/other.

http://fortune.com/2015/11/02/liberal-media/

Conservatives Are Right: The Media Is Very Liberal

Back in 1971, Edith Efron outlined the pervasive bias of liberalism in the news media in her book The News Twisters. In the nearly 45 years since then, not much has changed. Yes, we have seen the rise of Fox News, America’s most watched cable news network. And there has been a proliferation of small conservative websites. But most Americans still get their news from television, and the ratings of network news broadcasts—the same organizations that conservatives claim have been biased for decades—triple the ratings of even Fox’s most popular programs.

Then of course, beyond the articles above, there's the WikiLeaks, which paints the picture as accurately as one can get.

The DNC ignores Fox and The Washington Examiner, as two examples and stonewalls them. On the other hand, they have a direct line to Chuck Todd, a schill at NBC, who Debbie WS was contacting directly during programming to change his script and give him talking points.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2016/jul/23/wikileaks-exposes-dnc-strong-arm-tactics-chuck-tod/

WikiLeaks exposes DNC strong-arm tactics; Chuck Todd told negative coverage ‘must stop’

Other organizations being directed by the Democrats, with evidence to show it's fact and not conjecture, include Politico, CNN, and BuzzFeed.

http://dailysignal.com/2016/07/25/wikileaks-hack-exposes-democrat-media-bias/

What the WikiLeaks Hack Exposes About Democrat Media Bias

That's just sheer ignorance. Or you're intentionally being obtuse. Or both. Most other news organizations are not simply money driven. CNN (the Clinton News Network)? Really LOL. NBC, ABC, CBS all follow in tow. You are aware of the links between MSNBC and NBC, right? LOL You've read about Chuck Todd (NBC) and Debbie WS's email exchanges, correct?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...licans-thats-far-less-than-even-a-decade-ago/

Just 7 percent of journalists are Republicans. That’s far fewer than even a decade ago. = translation - 93% of journalists are Democrat/other.

http://fortune.com/2015/11/02/liberal-media/

Conservatives Are Right: The Media Is Very Liberal

Then of course, beyond the articles above, there's the WikiLeaks, which paints the picture as accurately as one can get.

The DNC ignores Fox and The Washington Examiner, as two examples and stonewalls them. On the other hand, they have a direct line to Chuck Todd, a schill at NBC, who Debbie WS was contacting directly during programming to change his script and give him talking points.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2016/jul/23/wikileaks-exposes-dnc-strong-arm-tactics-chuck-tod/

WikiLeaks exposes DNC strong-arm tactics; Chuck Todd told negative coverage ‘must stop’

Other organizations being directed by the Democrats, with evidence to show it's fact and not conjecture, include Politico, CNN, and BuzzFeed.

http://dailysignal.com/2016/07/25/wikileaks-hack-exposes-democrat-media-bias/

What the WikiLeaks Hack Exposes About Democrat Media Bias

I said the journalists are more liberal. Most journalists have higher education. All the stats show the higher your lever of education, the more likely you are to be liberal. That doesn't change the fact that most news organization are owned by large conglomerates who only care about the bottom line.

I said the journalists are more liberal. Most journalists have higher education. All the stats show the higher your lever of education, the more likely you are to be liberal. That doesn't change the fact that most news organization are owned by large conglomerates who only care about the bottom line.

Then why are so many Liberals complete nitwits? The smart ones don't open their mouths much I guess.

Sovereign immunity will come into play with the wrongful death case as well I would imagine.

The Federal government allows claims against it for violation of law. Therefore, a postal worker can be sued for running a red light while delivering mail and causing injury, even though he is a Federal employee.

The real problem is that government officials are in fact immune from liability for discretionary actions. Our government could not be run if a politician could be sued because he chose "A" instead of "B," and somebody was harmed by that decision. That is why I think the wrongful death claim disappears in what is known as a FRCP Rule 12(b)(6) challenge.

The accusation of dishonesty gives rise to a potential defamation, and generally damages are presumed for that accusation since it suggests a lack of character and inability to be trusted in professions that require honesty (like being a lawyer - shut up). The claim may survive the pleading stage, but it is close.

A witness can invoke a privilege in deposition in civil lawsuits, but then cannot testify if the case proceeds to trial. Tough to defend a case if the star witness does not testify.

Yeah those journalism majors were real brainiacs.