• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Penguins 24-25

iu

And Elvis has just left the building!

Since I’m in Indiana, I didn’t get to see the game. Did see a highlight of Malkin’s 500th and it was a beaut!!!! The win was nice too.

That was trash from top to bottom.
That was another team that will make the playoffs and contend, beating a team that will probably play average hockey this year and struggle to make the playoffs. The Pens are going to win some games and look decent doing it.

Just don't have what it takes to run with the big dogs anymore.

Ned’s looking good today.

I’m liking Lars this season. He’s finally catching on

We can't seem to be consistent. It's frustrating.

Also, we need another Horqvist to occupy opponents' crease.

We can't seem to be consistent. It's frustrating.

Also, we need another Horqvist to occupy opponents' crease.

I missed the game, but it has been that way ever since he left.....Nobody gets dirty and hangs out in front of the net. It is why goaltenders look like Vezina candidates when they play the Pens.

Like I said the other night you have a team that will contend, playing a team that save a few bright spots in the lineup, looks a lot like last year. And you are basically conceding your #1 goalie is no longer #1 and putting the rookie in there to take his lumps and learn? Not a good recipe for winning either.

I agree it is frustrating DJ.

The Pens defensemen are very offensive...and not in a good way!
Agreed.

The defensemen try to play like they’re 25 years old.

They jump into offensive plays and when they turn the puck over, they give up odd man rushes.

The offensive strategy is fine. They got that down. The defensive strategy is holding them back

I missed the game, but it has been that way ever since he left.....Nobody gets dirty and hangs out in front of the net. It is why goaltenders look like Vezina candidates when they play the Pens.

Like I said the other night you have a team that will contend, playing a team that save a few bright spots in the lineup, looks a lot like last year. And you are basically conceding your #1 goalie is no longer #1 and putting the rookie in there to take his lumps and learn? Not a good recipe for winning either.

I agree it is frustrating DJ.
I thought Bunting was going to take up that role and he seemed to do a pretty good job of it last year. I don't recall seeing him hanging around the net this year though. Maybe I missed it or maybe that is not part of their strategy. Maybe the coaches think the garbage collectors just get in the way of the one time shots from long distance this team loves so much and make for great highlights.

Last edited: