• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Pennsylvania Primary 2022

His entire campaign seems to be “I’m big and ugly! I wear sweatshirts! I’m from a rough, ****** little town! He’s wealthy!”
I find it very condescending. We’re all just a bunch of backwards yahoos who are supposed to love failure and hate success I guess.
It is so condescending. I don't give a **** where someone is from, as long as they do a good job. Biden's from Scranton, supposedly. Woopee! I feel better. It matters not one iota when you forget what real people are struggling with, which they all have.

But the Dems have figured out that if you can get people caught up in other things, they forget to do what is best for themselves. It's amazing. There is a story about Stalin, I think it was, who sat there one time with a bird in his hand, and proceeded to pluck out all it's feathers. The bird stayed in his hand even with the abuse. He supposedly said something like, 'It still needs the warmth of my hand." That's the way these people that vote Democrat are.

His entire campaign seems to be “I’m big and ugly! I wear sweatshirts! I’m from a rough, ****** little town! He’s wealthy!”
I find it very condescending. We’re all just a bunch of backwards yahoos who are supposed to love failure and hate success I guess.
That would be the Philly effect, right? ;)

Fetterman keeps hammering Oz as not being a PA guy. Oz went to med school at U of Penn and is licensed to practice medicine in PA. That's more connection than Fetterman has to his supposed home town of Braddock. Fetterman grew up in Reading. He has a MBA from UConn and a masters of public pollicy from Harvard. As all regular working men do.

He then did some kind of charity work for Americorp and they sent him to Braddock. A few years later he moved there when he saw the opportunity that his parent money could buy him an election. He then became a self promoter. He set up websites highlighting everything horrible about Braddock and how he was the savior. He got a feature in NY Times, he was on Colbert's show on comedy central. Then Levis jeans did a national ad featuring him as the miracle worker of poor Braddock.

The only good he did in Braddock was buying stuff and fixing it with his parents money then suckering people from NY and other cities to move to crappy Braddock to be artists. Bottom line is years later Braddock is no better off at all, but Fetterman sure is. He walks around like he rescued this small town.

He's a total fraud and an extremist.

Is Oz a phony? Maybe a bit, but at least he is an actual successful person who made his own fortune. It's sad that we are supposed to hate Oz because he became successful. He's the son of immigrants who made it big. Oz is literally the American dream but somehow we're just supposed to hate him because he's a success. Vote for the professional leech who sponges off his parents! He's the real man of the people.

Fetterman keeps hammering Oz as not being a PA guy. Oz went to med school at U of Penn and is licensed to practice medicine in PA. That's more connection than Fetterman has to his supposed home town of Braddock. Fetterman grew up in Reading. He has a MBA from UConn and a masters of public pollicy from Harvard. As all regular working men do.

He then did some kind of charity work for Americorp and they sent him to Braddock. A few years later he moved there when he saw the opportunity that his parent money could buy him an election. He then became a self promoter. He set up websites highlighting everything horrible about Braddock and how he was the savior. He got a feature in NY Times, he was on Colbert's show on comedy central. Then Levis jeans did a national ad featuring him as the miracle worker of poor Braddock.

The only good he did in Braddock was buying stuff and fixing it with his parents money then suckering people from NY and other cities to move to crappy Braddock to be artists. Bottom line is years later Braddock is no better off at all, but Fetterman sure is. He walks around like he rescued this small town.

He's a total fraud and an extremist.

Is Oz a phony? Maybe a bit, but at least he is an actual successful person who made his own fortune. It's sad that we are supposed to hate Oz because he became successful. He's the son of immigrants who made it big. Oz is literally the American dream but somehow we're just supposed to hate him because he's a success. Vote for the professional leech who sponges off his parents! He's the real man of the people.
This is what drives me bananas with the election process we have in the country today.

It's all image, 30 second sound bites condemning your opponent, or making unsubstantiated claims about yourself. Trust me, I'm good, he's evil, seems to be the effective way to campaign to the masses.

No one wants to debate, or if they do, it's only because they know the moderator will feed them softball questions. How is the public supposed to make a rational (I know, asking too much) decision on what they actually stand for? Sad, that the days of Lincoln-Douglas or even Kennedy-Nixon no longer exist.

The mere fact that anyone is seriously considering this moron, for any public office, boggles the rational mind.
Flog will be first in line at the poll on Election Day.

That's funny. I didn't know Braddock was that tough.
You probably wouldn’t make it from one end of Main Street to the other and still have your wallet and cell phone.

Fetterman pulled a shotgun on a black jogger in his neighborhood and held him at gunpoint until the cops arrived. A couple guys in Georgia did the same and were heralded as extreme racists. Fetterman does it and it's all good.

Fetterman pulled a shotgun on a black jogger in his neighborhood and held him at gunpoint until the cops arrived. A couple guys in Georgia did the same and were heralded as extreme racists. Fetterman does it and it's all good.
When you're a Democrat, it's different.

Great Trump speech
OZ speaks also and 30 years Army veteran Doug Mastriano speaks.
Mastriano speech is awesome and starts at around the 3 hour and 25 minute mark.

I don’t think I’ve seen a single Mastriano commercial.

Shocking I know, but I’ll be voting for a Muslim in November apparently. I wouldn’t have known that except for Dem attack ads.

Bet many, if not most D's in PA, won't care what his health status is, after all, it didn't matter with Biden. You have to blame the R's in PA for nominating a similarly horrible candidate. Same in AZ, a weak R was nominated, or should I say, D's switching party's in the primary got him nominated.

DNC is spending a boat load of $ to discredit both candidates, all the while the RNC doesn't seem to give a ****. I doubt a Republican Senator is elected in either state.

Bet many, if not most D's in PA, won't care what his health status is, after all, it didn't matter with Biden. You have to blame the R's in PA for nominating a similarly horrible candidate. Same in AZ, a weak R was nominated, or should I say, D's switching party's in the primary got him nominated.

DNC is spending a boat load of $ to discredit both candidates, all the while the RNC doesn't seem to give a ****. I doubt a Republican Senator is elected in either state.
If McCormick had won the primary the Dems would have had a lot more ammunition to use on him.
Dr. Oz is at least used to being on TV and is likeable. McCormick was a hedge fund manager with ties to China who didn't even live in PA as long as Oz has and isn't likeable.
The last time we ran an unlikeable candidate for statewide office, Scott Wagner in 2018, it got the Dim governor reelected by a large margin.

If anyone lives in western PA and would like to support my bud and neighbor who is running for the state house, he is having a cigar and dinner fundraising event on Sept. 17 at 6:00. $50 donation. This is a chance to elect the rare black Republican. PM me for details here or on FB.
Cigar aficionado Ron Burgundy will be appearing in person.

Let me reiterate this. Oz is the descendant of immigrants who moved to this country to live the American Dream. I'll be damned if he didn't. This IS the storybook example of what the USA provides to those who want to come here, work hard, and take advantage of what this country offers - if you are willing to work, sacrifice and take the opportunity.

Yet he is admonished for it.

That is the Democrat party. To sully those who have followed the path and found success.

And instead to prop up this fraud. Maddening.

Tucker hammered Fetterman for 18 minutes straight. Share this truth bomb with Dem friends who still think Fetterman is a humble workin man.

I listened on the way in this morning. The only way I would have voted for Fetterman is if you drug my dead body to the polls and manipulated my lifeless finger to push the button for him. So while it didn't change my mind in anyway, man, what a phony that guy is. And look at his record of "success" in Braddock. He made the statement that Oz wouldn't last 5 minutes in Braddock and I kind of mocked that. Maybe he's right. But a large reason for that is due to his lousy leadership.

This is what drives me bananas with the election process we have in the country today.

It's all image, 30 second sound bites condemning your opponent, or making unsubstantiated claims about yourself.

I know, right? When I run for office and highlight my years as a heart surgeon fighter pilot who gave up my incredible career to attend law school only because I wanted to help illegals undocumented good swimmers and hikers, I will not put up with the usual BS from my opponent!

sk090922dAPR.jpg

Let me reiterate this. Oz is the descendant of immigrants who moved to this country to live the American Dream. I'll be damned if he didn't. This IS the storybook example of what the USA provides to those who want to come here, work hard, and take advantage of what this country offers - if you are willing to work, sacrifice and take the opportunity.

Yet he is admonished for it.

That is the Democrat party. To sully those who have followed the path and found success.

And instead to prop up this fraud. Maddening.
I was having some beers last night talking with people from work. They think Fetterman is an idiot, but it's always..."So is Oz." I tried to explain the immigrant/American dream thing...they just look at me. "Oz isn't from PA." I kept saying who gives a shiit?

We have become ridiculous in many ways. We are getting what we deserve.