• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Pennsylvania Primary 2022

LOL - another gem from good ole "conservative" Dr. Oz.

I saw that. Although the implication from many that Pennsylvanians are too backwards and stupid to know what crudite means is kind of insulting. Otherwise this whole thing is a trainwreck.

I voted for McCormick in the primary, West Point grad, Iraq war vet, Princeton PhD, born and raised in Washington PA.

But Trump likes Oz so....

I saw that. Although the implication from many that Pennsylvanians are too backwards and stupid to know what crudite means is kind of insulting. Otherwise this whole thing is a trainwreck.
Eh, most working class folks don't refer to veggie platters as crudite either.

I found the ad completely stupid as I don't find it believable he is sweating the price of things - or even running to the grocery store for his wife. It was comical at best. Also, instead of addressing policies and what he is about - just another "Man, prices are too high, thanks Brandon" ad.

These are ads he's running on social media in his ploy to reach the "young folks". So, in my mind, he thinks going simpleton at them is the way to go to get their vote. That they are sitting back going, "Yeah it's so bad - thanks for pointing that out. I'm voting for you, Oz". Nope, pretty sure most are rolling their eyes and thinking - what a ******* dumb ***.

He’s a fn joke. This one wasn’t bad though. Maybe pick a different dish but the point is solid.

He’s a fn joke. This one wasn’t bad though. Maybe pick a different dish but the point is solid.
What point? That groceries are overly expensive? Yeah, we all know that already. Now, instead of pointing fingers, talk about what should be done about that and what policies you support that would help the people. Or actually articulate the policies that the dems have pushed that are causing these issues and why - and what needs to be done to correct course.

Eh, most working class folks don't refer to veggie platters as crudite either.

I found the ad completely stupid as I don't find it believable he is sweating the price of things - or even running to the grocery store for his wife. It was comical at best. Also, instead of addressing policies and what he is about - just another "Man, prices are too high, thanks Brandon" ad.

These are ads he's running on social media in his ploy to reach the "young folks". So, in my mind, he thinks going simpleton at them is the way to go to get their vote. That they are sitting back going, "Yeah it's so bad - thanks for pointing that out. I'm voting for you, Oz". Nope, pretty sure most are rolling their eyes and thinking - what a ******* dumb ***.
Oh I get it believe me. As a mostly lifelong Pennsylvanian though this idea that the whole state is nothing but backwards yahoos and homers or something gets under my skin. I don't care if Oz is wealthy and successful, sheesh that used to be a good thing. I don't even really care that he's basically not a Pennsylvanian. I want him to start articulating conservative principles and explaining how crucial it is to keep this senate seat. Why do all of these candidates now talk to us like we're kindergarteners? Fetterman's ads aren't much better, basically consisting of "Oz is rich and doesn't live here and I'm cool because I live here and I look weird". The level of political discourse these days is truly cringeworthy.

Oh I get it believe me. As a mostly lifelong Pennsylvanian though this idea that the whole state is nothing but backwards yahoos and homers or something gets under my skin. I don't care if Oz is wealthy and successful, sheesh that used to be a good thing. I don't even really care that he's basically not a Pennsylvanian. I want him to start articulating conservative principles and explaining how crucial it is to keep this senate seat. Why do all of these candidates now talk to us like we're kindergarteners? Fetterman's ads aren't much better, basically consisting of "Oz is rich and doesn't live here and I'm cool because I live here and I look weird". The level of political discourse these days is truly cringeworthy.
lol - must have been typing our replies at the same time.

This is what the political parties think of all of us though. We are the lowest common denominator to them. "Keep it simple for the hicks and idiots - it's all they understand"

All of them, and I mean all of them need to be gone.

Seen Dr. Oz speak twice and he does tout conservativism but so far his TV commercials don’t show the same thing.

Last edited:
I voted for McCormick in the primary, West Point grad, Iraq war vet, Princeton PhD, born and raised in Washington PA.

But Trump likes Oz so....

I think Barnett sunk McCormick. It's a safe bet she pulled far more votes from him than Oz.

Oz can still win this. He just needs ads that focus on 3 things.

1. Fetterman is a trust fund baby who is Harvard educated and making fun of working class people when wears his working man costume
2. Oz is self made. He earned his fortune by inventing several life saving medical devices. He got his medical degree from U Penn and is licensed in PA
3. Fetterman talks about PA but he will vote with California and New York every time because he agrees with their woke policies.

Oh it's ok, he forgets his kids' names too. Comforting.

As an outside observer, with past PA ties, I'll just leave this here. You seem to spend an inordinate amount of time criticizing Republican candidates, flawed though they may be.
While I can understand wanting Oz to present himself better, do you really believe Fetterman would be a better choice?

As an outside observer, with past PA ties, I'll just leave this here. You seem to spend an inordinate amount of time criticizing Republican candidates, flawed though they may be.
While I can understand wanting Oz to present himself better, do you really believe Fetterman would be a better choice?
Of course not! Which is why it sucks so much that we nominated someone who will lose to him.

Of course not! Which is why it sucks so much that we nominated someone who will lose to him.
OK, then let me attempt to clarify, my communication skills not being one of my best qualities. In the AZ primary for the Senate, I voted for Jim Lamon, thinking he would be a stronger candidate to face our incumbent Senator, Uncle Fester. Unfortunately, from my perspective, Blake Masters won the primary and will be the Republican candidate in November.

Unless voters can get past the fact that their primary choice will not be in the general election and support the primary winner, you can expect more of what we have now, in the case of PA, Senator Lurch. Democrats don't seem to eat their own as much as Republicans do.

Like him or not, Oz will be better for the country than Fetterman.

Last edited:
OK, then let me attempt to clarify, my communication skills not being one of my best qualities. In the AZ primary for the Senate, I voted for Jim Lamon, thinking he would be a stronger candidate to face our incumbent Senator, Uncle Fester. Unfortunately, from my perspective, Blake Masters won the primary and will be the Republican candidate in November.

Unless voters can get past the fact that their primary choice will not be in the general election and support the primary winner, you can expect more of what we have now, in the case of PA, Senator Lurch. Democrats don't seem to eat their own as much as Republicans do.

Like him or not, Oz will be better for the country than Fetterman.
Have I suggested anywhere that anyone should vote for Fetterman? It's not me you have to worry about.

I live in the Philadelphia suburbs which Trump has decimated for the Republican party. My county was a GOP stronghold. No more. I know it's hard for some of you who spend so much time here in the echo chamber to realize this, but a lot of moderate Republicans and Independents do not like Trump. His endorsement is a negative here, not a positive. What else does Oz have going for him? I will vote for him for no other reason than I don't want to lose the seat, but I'm certainly not going to do it happily. Others will think Fetterman is the lesser of two evils. Too bad anyone who could actually win here is called a RINO because they aren't far right Trump cultists.

This fuc khead....

RNC Research

@RNCResearch

Pennsylvania Democrat John Fetterman wants to “legalize heroin” and fund “safe injection sites” (read: taxpayer-funded drug dens)

0:12
18.9K views

John Fetterman, 2018: I Want To Legalize Heroin & Fund Drug Dens

download (14).png