• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Per Ian Rapoport, Trade Interest in Melvin Ingram

Give him a few more snaps. I have no idea why Highsmith played every snap last week. They never do that with their OLB's. Keep a 3 man rotation like they did to start the season. It was working great. And, at times, they were going to have all 3 on the field. The Steelers are ******* this one up.

There's no reason Ingram shouldn't be getting equal, if not more snaps than Highsmith. It's not like Highsmith is dominating and can't be taken off the field.
**** that. This is stupid.
Give him a few more snaps. I have no idea why Highsmith played every snap last week. They never do that with their OLB's. Keep a 3 man rotation like they did to start the season. It was working great. And, at times, they were going to have all 3 on the field. The Steelers are ******* this one up.
Really? ******* it up? Ingram signed a 1 year contract. Let him play it out and he then can simply move on.

Maybe because Melvin has a groin injury now as well.

Really? ******* it up? Ingram signed a 1 year contract. Let him play it out and he then can simply move on.
TJ doesn't even play 100% of snaps, why should Highsmith be playing 100%. It's no wonder players are worn the hell out by the end of the season.
Ingram needs to see some of those snaps from Highsmith.

Not this **** again, just like the Blount situation.

These primadonnas need to ******* chill out. You came to a team with a rotational need, and when Watt was injured a few weeks back I don't recall a boatload of noise being made by this guy. He's ok, but he's not starting because he's not better than who we have starting, sit down and shut the **** up, and when someone goes down again, make the coaches and the fans remember you stepped in for them and you'll get more playing time. Till then, collect your check, do your job, and shut your ******* cockholster.

Joe
A bit aggressive there but I agree in general

Yes, ******* it up. Rotating the 3 worked beautifully against the Bills. The OLB's were always fresh and getting after Allen. Now that Watt is back fully healthy, why not keep doing that? It makes absolutely no sense. Watt doesn't play 100% of the snaps so why would Highsmith ever do it? Ingram should be in there spelling both OLB's and keeping them all fresh. We have (or had) that luxury this year with 3 legit pass rushers (although Highsmith wasn't doing much until this last game). Do you really want Tuszca rotating with Watt and Highsmith? I know I don't. Trading Ingram right now isn't as obvious you are giving up on the season already as trading Haden (as the pundits kept saying) but it certainly doesn't send a good message to the fans. You could make the argument that Ingram is our 2nd best OLB.

Yes, ******* it up. Rotating the 3 worked beautifully against the Bills. The OLB's were always fresh and getting after Allen. Now that Watt is back fully healthy, why not keep doing that? It makes absolutely no sense. Watt doesn't play 100% of the snaps so why would Highsmith ever do it? Ingram should be in there spelling both OLB's and keeping them all fresh. We have (or had) that luxury this year with 3 legit pass rushers (although Highsmith wasn't doing much until this last game). Do you really want Tuszca rotating with Watt and Highsmith? I know I don't. Trading Ingram right now isn't as obvious you are giving up on the season already as trading Haden (as the pundits kept saying) but it certainly doesn't send a good message to the fans. You could make the argument that Ingram is our 2nd best OLB.
Again let Ingram play out his contract. Simple enough.

This sounds a lot like the James Washington situation. They have zero depth at the position so I don't see the Steelers seriously shopping him, but if a team offers a 4th rounder...

Yes, Harrison had the right to be pissed when we were benching him for Jarvis ******* Landry, but Ingram has ZERO say.

Sure Ingram wants more snaps, but he was told coming in, he's the backup. He can push for reps and starts, and the Steelers normally do a better job than the Seattle game, at rotating players in on the EDGE.

If Ingram is traded, that would indicate that someone would be rostered from the practice squad - Taco Charlton.

Is Charlton that much worse than Tuszka? Kinda sad, IMO, that a first round talent just a few years ago is on a PS while some dude drafted in the 7th round is on active.

Or even Delontae Scott is ready.

Personally, I'd much rather keep Ingram and do exactly what you stated. Keep that 3-man OLB rotation going.

This seems to be what the Steelers end up with. Ebron another player cries the blues but half the time does not show up. Melvin was signed to back up and you can get where he questions playing time when this defense really has not played up to expectations this ear. To much rumbling on the team so far

This sounds a lot like the James Washington situation. They have zero depth at the position so I don't see the Steelers seriously shopping him, but if a team offers a 4th rounder...
I was thinking it would be a hard depth hit. So a 3rd would be more of my liking. Someone might say well they wouldn't give that up. And I would say good we'll keep our depth then.

Maybe because Melvin has a groin injury now as well.

You gotta be frigging kidding me........

Steelers Training Staff- Head Trainer

newman-150x150.jpg

Holden McGroin - MD

Last edited:
I was thinking it would be a hard depth hit. So a 3rd would be more of my liking. Someone might say well they wouldn't give that up. And I would say good we'll keep our depth then.
A third would be ideal, that's just a lot to give up for a guy like Ingram. I wouldn't necessarily trade him for a 4th, but I'd certainly consider it.

They’d have to throw a decent pick. I’m talking day 2 pick. Otherwise screw it I’d take his services for the year

Ok so a few things
1. Tomlin always gets infatuated with these guys he loved coming out of college and tries to bring them in…. But honestly if you don’t have a role for them then its a waste of assets

2. If kc or another afc team wants him they should pay a premium… let tge Cards make us an offer…

3. Honestly the best thing is just to rotate him in a lot more… its a trend with Butler/and tomlin to underplay backups… its a damn 17 game season now… you don’t play guys till they break

A 3rd would be hard to pass up for him or Ebron but I don't see it. Even a 4th I doubt would be offered.

My first guess would be the Chiefs, they are overly desperate and have contacted the STEELERS more than once. Definately milk a 3rd and it would be quite possible to get. Maybe a 4th & a 7th.

Salute the nation