• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Per Ian Rapoport, Trade Interest in Melvin Ingram

I can't see any team giving up more than a 4th. A 6th is more realistic for a 9-10 game stopgap.

How about a 5 and 6. We need to restock our late round picks.

Yes, Harrison had the right to be pissed when we were benching him for Jarvis ******* Landry, but Ingram has ZERO say.

Sure Ingram wants more snaps, but he was told coming in, he's the backup. He can push for reps and starts, and the Steelers normally do a better job than the Seattle game, at rotating players in on the EDGE.
**** Harrison. No difference than the Ingram situation. ****. Maybe Ingram is using Harrison's LayZboy recliner. I heard that it is still in the LBer room.

Yes, Harrison had the right to be pissed when we were benching him for Jarvis ******* Landry, but Ingram has ZERO say.

Sure Ingram wants more snaps, but he was told coming in, he's the backup. He can push for reps and starts, and the Steelers normally do a better job than the Seattle game, at rotating players in on the EDGE.
2017 was the year Harrison was sleeping in meetings. Watt's rookie year.

Ingram conveniently has a groin after the bye week and is doubtful. Our other possible trade is Ebron and he is out. Coincidence?
Eb and flow is a legit injury. Ingram maybe maybe not.

Not this **** again, just like the Blount situation.
I blame Blount and Harrison for their attitude but not for their intent. Tomlin mislead and mishandled them. Ingram is playing far more than I expected honesty.

Like I said, the Chiefs are desperate, maybe maybe not a 3rd but nothing less than a 4th or like many here have said, Keep him.

We don't have much for depth as is, he is our best by far depth player at that position.

I'm more inclined to keep him but we do need draft picks.

Salute the nation

Gosh these NFL GMs do not understand the trade deadline dynamic

Assets are limited in season
If you want a piece in season then you pay a steep price… go look at the nhl deadline deals…. People give up firsts for meh players because they think they are the piece they need….

Man you could wheel and deal and come off pretty good if you follow tge basics …

I thought it was Watt's rookie year with Dupree on the other side when Harrison became the *****.
You are correct Stillwright, but people like to make up their own history to make things sound better. I've been over this a few times in a few other threads, but Jones NEVER started over Harrison. It was Dupree and Watt. Even Harrison talked about it in his "a football life" short not too long ago.

The “video game” type trade would be Ingram and Ebron and a 6th to the Rams for Desean Jackson and a 4th. Our junk for their junk but each team getting player(s) at a position of need.

Harrison is a borderline HOF'er. Treated like a plow horse . Ingram is a guy ,,, thats it. if someone wants him,, pay up.. hes under contract.

I agree with your post other than Harrison being a borderline HOFer. He is HOF if the "steeler" flooding wasn't a factor.

Salute the nation

I guess I am just surprised. I never saw Melvin as "that guy"! This is a real dik-dik move on his part. It was not difficult to see that when he was signed... this would be EXACTLY the role he would be in... in EXACTLY the time frame. Groin? Come on!

A team that signed you... now has a game against THE opponent at THE time of the year. Melvin's run-stop ability would have been a major asset today!

Unless a team offers a 4th? I tell team-Melvin to pound sand!

I am disappointed. I just thought that Melvin was a real pro... rather than another me-first poser.

That said? I hope that the Steelers D plays so well that people say, "Melvin who"?

I know the Steelers need some 2nd and 3rd day draft picks, but trading Ingram would be an idiotic move! if Watt or Highsmith go down again, perhaps for the season, our defense would be ******!!! If you trade Ingram, you might as well as trade anyone with any trade value whatsoever because you will no longer able to dump anyone if the above scenario happens. Our season would be over anyways considering our Offense can't score more than a handful of points anyway. You add in our defense not being able to stop anyone from scoring, you might as well play for a top 10 pick. Just my 2 cents!

I guess I am just surprised. I never saw Melvin as "that guy"! This is a real dik-dik move on his part. It was not difficult to see that when he was signed... this would be EXACTLY the role he would be in... in EXACTLY the time frame. Groin? Come on!

A team that signed you... now has a game against THE opponent at THE time of the year. Melvin's run-stop ability would have been a major asset today!

Unless a team offers a 4th? I tell team-Melvin to pound sand!

I am disappointed. I just thought that Melvin was a real pro... rather than another me-first poser.

That said? I hope that the Steelers D plays so well that people say, "Melvin who"?

Your last sentence can happen AFTER today but not while playing us.

Ingrahm may well have an injury, our Professional medical staff can't be fooled on just a whim unless the team says to declare injury for some unknown motive.

Just to clarify, I'm sure an injiury can be faked but believe me ALL team medical staff has seen that play many times and are very well able to determine legitamacy in 99% of all cases. Science technology is way to advance.

Salute the nation

Yeah, I really don't get what role he thought he would have here with Watt and Highsmith ahead of him on the depth chart. Maybe he just wants the chance to go to a contender and is using playing time as an excuse.

Likely KC, who looked at him but then passed put out feelers saying that they wanted him and he instantly soured on his role here… but who knows?

Yeah, I really don't get what role he thought he would have here with Watt and Highsmith ahead of him on the depth chart. Maybe he just wants the chance to go to a contender and is using playing time as an excuse.

I think he knows he is playing cheap cost-wise. With his small snapshot of him this year and the desperateness of several other teams, ..... he feels he can up his pay.

Money would be his biggest factor in my opinion.

Salute the nation

I think he knows he is playing cheap cost-wise. With his small snapshot of him this year and the desperateness of several other teams, ..... he feels he can up his pay.

Salute the nation
A team trading for him isn't going to rework his deal and give him more. The reason anyone would be trading for his is BECAUSE of his contract. Right now, it's a lot of rumor and he said she said stuff. Let's see if he speaks the media any time soon and hear something from his mouth.

There was this from today:

The money factor is probably in play, but I do think he feels he should be playing over Highsmith. There's really no reason why Watt, Highsmith, and Ingram shouldn't all be getting a lot of snaps.