• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Pickens… I didn’t want to get hurt like Tank Dell

Pickens is being selfish. Cannot say I’m shocked. Similar at UGA.

Hopefully he can realize what’s in front of him or this dude is gonna be a bum

Pickens is being selfish. Cannot say I’m shocked. Similar at UGA.

Hopefully he can realize what’s in front of him or this dude is gonna be a bum

He's reminding me of Claypool. It doesn't look good for either DJ or Pickens. They do themselves no favors for future contracts or teams with this kind of behavior and work ethic.

They just come across as people you can't count on in big moments, because they can't even do the little things well.

A steeler player playing scared.... I never thought I would live to see the day. The culture and Identity of this team is gone. thank you so very much Deuce and Mike Tomlin for destroying the team that my dad loved and taught me to love and in turn I taught my son and grand son to love. A big **** you to both of you *** holes.

Maybe somebody read the front of Mike Tomlins shirt out loud, and he thought he'd go out and get himself a little “Justice, opportunity, freedom, equality, NFL.”

The more I watch that play, the more I feel that our entire blocking scheme is constructed by a braindead gopher… maybe Pickens was just trying to fit in to all the other guys fundamentally doing nothing, just less obviously

This is not the same type of situation

as this

I saw the play that George has been criticized on and your Twitter views (kind of) cement my opinion...look at the top angle in the first frame. George would have been called for a block in the back 'had he engaged' by the time Warren gets to him.

I hate his answer BTW...

See, Coach Saban would have coached that immaturity right out of him had he played for Bama!!! @MTC - what's good, bro???

I saw the play that George has been criticized on and your Twitter views (kind of) cement my opinion...look at the top angle in the first frame. George would have been called for a block in the back 'had he engaged' by the time Warren gets to him.

I hate his answer BTW...

See, Coach Saban would have coached that immaturity right out of him had he played for Bama!!! @MTC - what's good, bro???
I’ve stated my opinions throughout this message board.

I’ll admit Pickens is ******* up.

I would have loved to have a Pickens in Ben heyday. would have been a perfect fit. With this offensive game plan He is a luxury. best to trade him for the most you can get and get the best oline/dline available with the pick.

Tank Dell is a polished WR who can run all routes and is a team player. George Pickens is a self absorbed diva who seems to think he has multiple pro bowl seasons already under his belt. He's lazy, runs crappy routes and thinks of himself over the team. He just told you that.

Not only did Pickens say out loud that he will put his own interests ahead of the team, he also said that YOU and the media dare not question him because you never played in the NFL. Basically, he's saying other players will have his back that he was right not to block on that play.

It's a bit sad that Pickens was not called out by several current and former players who do care about winning.

"I ain't want to get an injury. When you stay on the block too low, you can get ran up on very easily.”

I guess English classes weren't paramount for George's major at UGA (Housing Management & Policy).

"I ain't want to get an injury. When you stay on the block too low, you can get ran up on very easily.”

I guess English classes weren't paramount for George's major at UGA (Housing Management & Policy).
If he doesn’t want to get injured he might be in the wrong line of work.

A concussion and a broke leg in 10 games. I will stand by my statement. He is little he will get hurt often. It's the nature of the game. I hope he doesn't but time will tell.

Just watching the tape of the Colts game last night and I am going to defend George. It wasn't what it seemed. He blocked, the CB absorbed it and came off it. The CB takes the inside position so either George can hold or set up a block to the outside. He did the latter. Now Warren is a one cut and up runner and he doesn't take unnecessary steps. He saw the end zone and plowed forward. But if he cuts across George's back it is a touchdown.

The difference is the CB was ready for it. Then reset and then took inside position on George. If George tries to block he is grabbed the CB and it is a hold.

Just watching the tape of the Colts game last night and I am going to defend George. It wasn't what it seemed. He blocked, the CB absorbed it and came off it. The CB takes the inside position so either George can hold or set up a block to the outside. He did the latter. Now Warren is a one cut and up runner and he doesn't take unnecessary steps. He saw the end zone and plowed forward. But if he cuts across George's back it is a touchdown.

The difference is the CB was ready for it. Then reset and then took inside position on George. If George tries to block he is grabbed the CB and it is a hold.

Defending the indefensible...I will give you an A for effort at least.

Defending the indefensible...I will give you an A for effort at least.
This is why I don't listen to media or social media. They show the clip after he blocked and act like he was just standing there. He wasn't. The CB absorbed the block and repositioned. It was a good defensive play and I would take that over a hold and backing us up 10 yards.