• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Pickens… I didn’t want to get hurt like Tank Dell

Yes he initially makes a block for all of 1.5 seconds then just stops. If he follows through on the initial push Warren has plenty of space. It was pitiful.
You probably mean that he could have moved his feet as the CB moved to remain engaged without holding; pretty sure this is taught at all levels of football, but maybe the Steelers HC/OC/OL/WR coaches and assistants all neglected to teach up one young WR?

Just watching the tape of the Colts game last night and I am going to defend George. It wasn't what it seemed. He blocked, the CB absorbed it and came off it. The CB takes the inside position so either George can hold or set up a block to the outside. He did the latter. Now Warren is a one cut and up runner and he doesn't take unnecessary steps. He saw the end zone and plowed forward. But if he cuts across George's back it is a touchdown.

The difference is the CB was ready for it. Then reset and then took inside position on George. If George tries to block he is grabbed the CB and it is a hold.

Go back and watch his blocks his rookie year. He tried then. not now

This is why I don't listen to media or social media. They show the clip after he blocked and act like he was just standing there. He wasn't. The CB absorbed the block and repositioned. It was a good defensive play and I would take that over a hold and backing us up 10 yards.
one quick shove is not a good block

this is pure bullshit

I think his past lack of effort issues are magnifying this latest play.
I’ve seen him do worse and give less effort than that.

A concussion and a broke leg in 10 games. I will stand by my statement. He is little he will get hurt often. It's the nature of the game. I hope he doesn't but time will tell.
it's okay

you're allowed to be wrong

I think his past lack of effort issues are magnifying this latest play.
Not much that needs to be magnified, it pretty much speaks for itself. Pickens did not block anybody on the play.

https://x.com/bepryor/status/1737203079257194827?s=20

If you call any part of that a block, you are delusional. If you think that our RB should "cut" 5 yards sideways to run around Pickens you are delusional. Just quit while you are behind.
LOOK AT THE PICS. He blocks. He isn't just standing there. Look at the pics from the other "highlight" blocks. He hits them and they go flying. The CB was prepared and absorbs the block, resets, and takes the inside position.

Now for Pickens comment on Tank Dell. No idea what he is talking about unless he thinks after the CB got off his block he should have come inside on #25. If that is what he thinks the stink is about then he must not have watched social media. If he tries to block 25 he probably does have Warren come across his lower body and maybe get injured. Because Dell wasn't blocking his CB he was blocking inside and it looked like a safety or something.

Not much that needs to be magnified, it pretty much speaks for itself. Pickens did not block anybody on the play.
JAe3PSI.jpg

What is this?

LOL, all the ex players are killing the guy for his lack of effort on that play, there's no defending him here, he pushed the CB then just stood there, didn't engage, nothing.

This is why I don't listen to media or social media. They show the clip after he blocked and act like he was just standing there. He wasn't. The CB absorbed the block and repositioned. It was a good defensive play and I would take that over a hold and backing us up 10 yards.
Pickens didn't stick with him, that's a clear mistake/ lack of effort

what happened next? he just saw his assignment reposition and attack, like if he were watching a movie
JAe3s9t.jpg

I can give lack of effort after the initial block. Usually, the CB is on their butt after he blocks. This CB was prepared. Now if George re-engages and tries to seal the outside maybe Warren cuts across his back and it is a TD. But acting like he just stood there the entire time and never tried to block is asinine.

JAe3s9t.jpg

I can give lack of effort after the initial block. Usually, the CB is on their butt after he blocks. This CB was prepared. Now if George re-engages and tries to seal the outside maybe Warren cuts across his back and it is a TD. But acting like he just stood there the entire time and never tried to block is asinine.
QUOTE="Gildong Sack, post: 1110141, member: 12743"]
Yeah, some of these youngsters their work ethic sucks. Watch the video...nothing more needs to be said.

[/QUOTE]

Also if you watch tge video, pickens was flat footed and just waving at tge DB at that point… if warren had cut otside he probably gets run down by the ilb but even if not, pickens wasn’t ready to block for him… watch the above video…

QUOTE="Gildong Sack, post: 1110141, member: 12743"]
Yeah, some of these youngsters their work ethic sucks. Watch the video...nothing more needs to be said.

Also if you watch tge video, pickens was flat footed and just waving at tge DB at that point… if warren had cut otside he probably gets run down by the ilb but even if not, pickens wasn’t ready to block for him… watch the above video…
[/QUOTE]
I just said the lack of re-engaging and effort after the initial block is an issue but that isn't the narrative going around. People are actually saying he didn't do anything and just stood there. The CB WAS prepared. Watch the first two blocks below and tell me if they look different from the one above.

They don't but the CB's weren't prepared and got throw on their butts. To me this is a coachable moment. If the initial block doesn't get your guy on his butt get back on them and in front of them. In this scenario the CB takes the inside position. Then George should get on him and seal the outside and give Warren the opportunity to see the outside lane. If he doesn't take it let your guy go because a hold is worse than not blocking your man. If he does see it he likely gets the touchdown.

This whole thing has been blown out of proportion. I think because George wears his emotions on his sleeve and you can see when he is disappointed at running three yard outs all game or see when he is wide open and doesn't get the ball. Those are coachable moments as well. If our coaches can't correct his antics and blocking techniques then that is on them. Nothing I see is uncoachable.

I just said the lack of re-engaging and effort after the initial block is an issue but that isn't the narrative going around. People are actually saying he didn't do anything and just stood there. The CB WAS prepared. Watch the first two blocks below and tell me if they look different from the one above.

They don't but the CB's weren't prepared and got throw on their butts. To me this is a coachable moment. If the initial block doesn't get your guy on his butt get back on them and in front of them. In this scenario the CB takes the inside position. Then George should get on him and seal the outside and give Warren the opportunity to see the outside lane. If he doesn't take it let your guy go because a hold is worse than not blocking your man. If he does see it he likely gets the touchdown.

This whole thing has been blown out of proportion. I think because George wears his emotions on his sleeve and you can see when he is disappointed at running three yard outs all game or see when he is wide open and doesn't get the ball. Those are coachable moments as well. If our coaches can't correct his antics and blocking techniques then that is on them. Nothing I see is uncoachable.

Of course its coachable.. if the player allows himself to be coached, that is…

But he clearly just quits on this play..

And he isn’t the only player who you see make a halfhearted attempt to block then just stop on this team… they don’t give half a ****… pickens just gives far less of a **** than most

Of course its coachable.. if the player allows himself to be coached, that is…

But he clearly just quits on this play..

And he isn’t the only player who you see make a halfhearted attempt to block then just stop on this team… they don’t give half a ****… pickens just gives far less of a **** than most
Again, look at the other two blocks. He throws them on their butts. His initial blocking attempt is not halfassed. And the social media narrative is he just sits there and doesn't make ANY attempt. And if he didn't I would be blasting him too. But when I look I just see a guy who has gotten away with one big block and a defender came prepared for that.

Again, look at the other two blocks. He throws them on their butts. His initial blocking attempt is not halfassed. And the social media narrative is he just sits there and doesn't make ANY attempt. And if he didn't I would be blasting him too. But when I look I just see a guy who has gotten away with one big block and a defender came prepared for that.
I don't give a flying **** what he did off the LOS...when the play mattered and he COULD have blocked for a possible TD he stood there and watched. Shoving someone and hoping they fall down is not blocking.

I don't give a flying **** what he did off the LOS...when the play mattered and he COULD have blocked for a possible TD he stood there and watched. Shoving someone and hoping they fall down is not blocking.
Does the CB take the inside position when the initial block is absorbed? Just tell me you at the very least see that.

Does the CB take the inside position when the initial block is absorbed? Just tell me you at the very least see that.
after the only push, the CB is now inside Pickens...so what

all Pickens had to do was attack again. give another shove or make more contact by throwing his body into the CB and he would have been out of the play and Warren could have headed for the corner or ran right over the spot Pickens was standing around in

weak ******* effort no matter how you try to excuse it

"I ain't want to get an injury" I didn't want to assume he could read.
No.

You made this statement:
Maybe somebody read the front of Mike Tomlins shirt out loud, and he thought he'd go out and get himself a little “Justice, opportunity, freedom, equality, NFL.”
I want to hear you clarification on the point.

You simply just cannot sugarcoat or try and spin it any other way. Pickens just pulled a dick move and didn’t block, period.
There is no other way to look at it.
George, if you’re afraid of getting hurt, you’re in the wrong damn business.