• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Pickens… I didn’t want to get hurt like Tank Dell

Does the CB take the inside position when the initial block is absorbed? Just tell me you at the very least see that.
Well give him a ******* participation trophy and then his mom can tell him how proud she is that he tried. The entitlement generation got to be what is is because people enabled it, excused it, and promoted it.

Just watching the tape of the Colts game last night and I am going to defend George. It wasn't what it seemed. He blocked, the CB absorbed it and came off it. The CB takes the inside position so either George can hold or set up a block to the outside. He did the latter. Now Warren is a one cut and up runner and he doesn't take unnecessary steps. He saw the end zone and plowed forward. But if he cuts across George's back it is a touchdown.

The difference is the CB was ready for it. Then reset and then took inside position on George. If George tries to block he is grabbed the CB and it is a hold.

Well...going to have to disagree after listening to NFL guys that have played the position talk about it. Not only is Pickens lazy, he's stupid as well. Michael Irvin was saying if you don't want to block you still run the fade to the corner of the end zone to pull your DB with you and anyone else that might be assigned to help like a safety. This bum couldn't even do that.... Keyshawn Johnson added that Picken's excuse of not wanting to get hurt is idiotic because that's exactly what's going to happen to you just standing there while the play comes right toward you. Pickens is a brat making excuses and Tomlin is an enabler. F both of them.

JAe3PSI.jpg

What is this?
A picture with a receiver with his arms extended not even touching the DB in front of him at that point.

Yeah, some of these youngsters their work ethic sucks. Watch the video...nothing more needs to be said.

Also if you watch tge video, pickens was flat footed and just waving at tge DB at that point… if warren had cut otside he probably gets run down by the ilb but even if not, pickens wasn’t ready to block for him… watch the above video…

how can any sane person watch that play and try to claim the CB made a "good defensive play"

Pickens shoves the DB, they both stand there flat footed then the CB realizes the RB is heading his way and reacts while Pickens stands there in the way of Warren heading outside

Last edited:
This is why I don't listen to media or social media. They show the clip after he blocked and act like he was just standing there. He wasn't. The CB absorbed the block and repositioned. It was a good defensive play and I would take that over a hold and backing us up 10 yards.
Strangely, I kind of agree w/ you...

The article on this site with Bengals WR Tyler Boyd answering a question about George Pickens on-field behavior.

The difference between a grown man and a child. It's that simple.

The head coach won't discipline anyone. Are there any team leaders trying to step in? Is the organization just going to continue letting these players do their best AB impersonations week after week until they have no value and are dumped later?

Tomlin likes to call himself not just a coach, but a leader of men. I have some news for him, coddling bad behavior is no way to be a leader of men. Being a spectator while a talented young man destroys his own career opportunities is no way to be a leader of men.

Many moons ago in what now feels like a former life, I was as a soldier in the Army. While stationed in Europe, I was sent to a 30 day course named Primary Leadership Development Course, or simply PLDC for those who are familiar. It's the course that an enlisted soldier must pass before being eligibile for promotion to Sergeant. It was that first layer of leadership so the course was really about molding your mentality from "one of the boys" to "the man in charge" at least at the lower levels. I say all that only to quote one of the instructors who beat this phrase throughout the entire course: "You can be their friend, or you can be their leader. If you think you can be both, you do not belong in this course!"

Personally, I haven't seen much leadership from Mike Tomlin in a long time now.

Last edited:
A picture with a receiver with his arms extended not even touching the DB in front of him at that point.
JAe3PSI.jpg

He hits him at the what, 3 1/2 yard line.
JAe36cN.jpg

Gets him to the 1.

It is a good defensive play because he didn't end up on his butt.

Like this.
JAgEZBI.jpg

JAgELLN.jpg

Notice the distance between George and the CB? He threw him on his butt.
JAgGkuf.jpg

Here's another example
JAgGbnV.jpg

JAgM9F1.jpg

The defender couldn't absorb his block and he went flying.
JAgMqnp.jpg

But vs the Colts the defender absorbed the block, repositioned to the inside, and George didn't re-engage. The not re-engaging his a coachable issue. But what I am saying is when he pushes guys like this they normally get put on their butts.

Here's College.
JAgMUOJ.jpg

JAgMmbf.jpg

Notice a similarity? Is George kinda standing around here?
JAgVYmJ.jpg

How about this.
JAgVSr7.jpg

JAgWops.jpg

JAgWcve.jpg

Or this.
JAgWOyg.jpg

What I am saying is there's a theme here. He destroys his guy and stands there. This defender was prepared for the block. George was NOT prepared for the guy to take his best and stay standing. It is a coachable moment. His block was absorbed and he needs to get on him and either seal the edge because in this scenario he gave him the inside or if he can get back on him and block him again. He didn't. But it wasn't like the ball was snapped and he sat there pouting because he had to block. He blocked, probably did his best, was beat and then was lost in what to do.

JAe3PSI.jpg

He hits him at the what, 3 1/2 yard line.
JAe36cN.jpg

Gets him to the 1.

It is a good defensive play because he didn't end up on his butt.

Like this.
JAgEZBI.jpg

JAgELLN.jpg

Notice the distance between George and the CB? He threw him on his butt.
JAgGkuf.jpg

Here's another example
JAgGbnV.jpg

JAgM9F1.jpg

The defender couldn't absorb his block and he went flying.
JAgMqnp.jpg

But vs the Colts the defender absorbed the block, repositioned to the inside, and George didn't re-engage. The not re-engaging his a coachable issue. But what I am saying is when he pushes guys like this they normally get put on their butts.

Here's College.
JAgMUOJ.jpg

JAgMmbf.jpg

Notice a similarity? Is George kinda standing around here?
JAgVYmJ.jpg

How about this.
JAgVSr7.jpg

JAgWops.jpg

JAgWcve.jpg

Or this.
JAgWOyg.jpg

What I am saying is there's a theme here. He destroys his guy and stands there. This defender was prepared for the block. George was NOT prepared for the guy to take his best and stay standing. It is a coachable moment. His block was absorbed and he needs to get on him and either seal the edge because in this scenario he gave him the inside or if he can get back on him and block him again. He didn't. But it wasn't like the ball was snapped and he sat there pouting because he had to block. He blocked, probably did his best, was beat and then was lost in what to do.
Agreed. @CoolieMan will disagree but I'm ok w/ agreeing w/ you - once...

no he did not just stand there

but that weak *** push was not "his best"

then he stood flat footed and not try to re-engage like a guy with heart would

your argument is bullshit no matter how many pictures you add to is

"When you stay up on those blocks you can get ran up on. That's the reason." - George Pickens

His shove when he knocks DBs on their rear ends looks cool, but is probably poor technique in the grand scheme, which is coachable. However, he is admitting he wasn't blocking for the play here and Jaylen Warren said he would've blocked for Pickens in a similar scenario. Both players and about every other former player who's discussed it has acknowledged it was a poor effort on Pickens' end. The bigger issue is the selfish mentality that's been discussed about in recent weeks with this team. This is the complete opposite attitude of the Super Bowl winning locker room highlighted by Troy Polamalu's HOF speech where the guys played for each other.

Losing exposes a lot of internal issues, but internal issues is also a reason teams lose. It's a fine line between winning and losing and attention to detail is something this team lacks. Tomlin highlighted Pickens' issue perfectly:

"When you're winning and doing your jobs, a lot of the attention is on things such as that," Tomlin said to reporters on Wednesday, via CBS Sports. "When you're not doing your job and losing, you better keep your damn mouth shut and understand that that tracks a certain type of attention, as well. And usually that's vulture-like attention."

In a rare special press conference just to address George Pickens he tells us he isn't getting the job done and is running his mouth about it during the week.

What does posting photos of previous Pickens blocks have to do with this play where he quit?

If anything it just underscores the point that he has the ability to block but chooses not to. He told you that. He's not trying to get injured. You are just a stupid fan, too dumb to know why it's OK for him not to block in that situation.

Two receivers that are light years apart in hard work and loyalty...Hines ward and George Pickens. What was that shirt Hines used to wear at practice? I believe it said: " Hard work beats talent every day if talent doesn't work hard. Gospel.

Two receivers that are light years apart in hard work and loyalty...Hines ward and George Pickens. What was that shirt Hines used to wear at practice? I believe it said: " Hard work beats talent every day if talent doesn't work hard. Gospel.

Man I miss that team and those players

Well give him a ******* participation trophy and then his mom can tell him how proud she is that he tried. The entitlement generation got to be what is is because people enabled it, excused it, and promoted it.

Yes SIR, participation trophies all around.

If he was going to block, you not only make contact but you stay the **** on him till the whistle blows……. Jepeers!!!

Salute the nation

how can any sane person watch that play and try to claim the CB made a "good defensive play"

Pickens shoves the DB, they both stand there flat footed then the CB realizes the RB is heading his way and reacts while Pickens stands there in the way of Warren heading outside

FORD is on a ****-roll.

Salute the nation