• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Pickens says he was snubbed for Pro Bowl...

Thanks for the find and the posting it here.

I didn't see anything that is a head case waiting to happen type stuff.

He wants the ball and wants in the two "bowls" at end of season. These HIGH END WRs are wired like that, always pushing for bigger & better. I think he will require maintenance along the way, but head case is subjective to one's definition of it.

Salute the nation

I'm fine with ignoring the signs as long as he puts up numbers and doesn't become a distraction. Just remember, we've seen this movie before.
I think we are a little gun shy but I think the FO is too. Which I don't think they will allow another AB type situation. Claypool was rumored to have some locker room issues and was quickly jettisoned.

I'm fine with ignoring the signs as long as he puts up numbers and doesn't become a distraction. Just remember, we've seen this movie before.

I think we are a little gun shy but I think the FO is too. Which I don't think they will allow another AB type situation. Claypool was rumored to have some locker room issues and was quickly jettisoned.

I think George is completely different than AB ever was. Sure, one can go off the deep end at any given time, considering the money and entitlement involved with the players.

I also think with the experience of what AB put us through, we are much better at handling that type of out-put and keeping it in bound.

Salute the nation

Is every slow, average armed QB who wasn't a full-time starter in college the next Marsha?
If we start viewing every WR who comes to the Steelers with an attitude of "I want the ball" and "I'm a ProBowl caliber receiver" as another AB, we'll only be able to wholeheartedly cheer for the Boykins. Y'all act like Hines wasn't a bit of headcase at times.
If Pickens can harness the work ethic of AB and the intensity of Hines, I believe the coaching staff will be able to harness/shape the attitude into something productive. Especially since they should be aware of the warning signs and will deal with him on a more personal and frequent level than we could through reading articles.

Definitely a diva mindset on this one. There's no way he should have been in the pro bowl - not even in the conversation. Hopefully, he keeps working hard and learns how to keep his expectations in check and to learn at least a little humbleness.

Reactions: xjx
There's nothing wrong with having the Pro Bowl as your goal. It's just that to say in an interview that you got snubbed, given his numbers, is a little detached from reality. That's my main concern. But if he blows up with a 1500 yard season, that's a good problem to have.

Definitely a diva mindset on this one. There's no way he should have been in the pro bowl - not even in the conversation. Hopefully, he keeps working hard and learns how to keep his expectations in check and to learn at least a little humbleness.
**** that! I want him to expect GREATNESS! And work towards achieving it.

Justin Jefferson
AJ Brown
CeeDee Lamb
Terry McLaurin
Amon-Ra St. Brown
Tyreek Hill
Stefon Diggs
Davante Adams
Ja'Marr Chase

I like confidence and high goals, but talk just to talk is not it. That is an excellent list of receivers and the Steelers will be in outstanding shape if Pickens turns out to be 80% of any one of these guys.

You know after Ward the next good receiver I see that isn't a headache head case will be number two. Just STFU and play. Don't you know the guy you replaced made similar ridiculous comments about 6 or 8 regular season games before he poof became Joey Porter Jr. There is a reason why the Steelers get these later round receiver bargains.

**** that! I want him to expect GREATNESS! And work towards achieving it.
I have no problem with him expecting greatness but to think he got snubbed is purely delusional. He needs to be a little humble and learn what it actually takes to be a pro bowl player. So far, he is far from it. He had some great catches but he's not a pro bowler and not even close. Maybe this year if he gets 100 catches and well over 1,000 yards.

Part of the problem has been O’Canada as to the use of Pickens, although from what I’ve read, there was some Pickens problem too. With the off season under his belt, he should be able to run the entire route tree O’Canada has to offer and thus be very active in the target / reception department.

Pro-Bowl could easily be a possibility, Super Bowl a little more difficult considering……………

Salute the nation

I said this last year and I'm going to say it again. This kid has a mental health issue. And it isn't narcissism or whatever AB has going. It's a severe anxiety disorder. And trust me I know what that looks like. The tell tale is the face mask balaclava he wears in the middle of friggen July. People see kids walking around with their hoodie up and don't know why. Same thing. It's called cocooning and is a sure sign. Now you add strange boastfulness..... I'm all but certain. Hopefully he is or looking to get treated.

I said this last year and I'm going to say it again. This kid has a mental health issue. And it isn't narcissism or whatever AB has going. It's a severe anxiety disorder. And trust me I know what that looks like. The tell tale is the face mask balaclava he wears in the middle of friggen July. People see kids walking around with their hoodie up and don't know why. Same thing. It's called cocooning and is a sure sign. Now you add strange boastfulness..... I'm all but certain. Hopefully he is or looking to get treated.

If he truly is systematic, I'd think team doctors / combine / someone along the way would have noticed. You, a message board participant is pointing it out (it could very well be a possibility and not dismissing your input), so if true I too HOPE he gets the help needed.

Salute the nation

No comment on Pickens, I can't understand the fashion(?) trend, that certain segments of the population never seem to outgrow.

I see this in Phoenix when it's 115 degrees out, black beanie on their head and hoodie up, add pants below their butt and the picture is complete. And I realize that I'm older than dirt, but they're a heat stroke waiting to happen.

I have no problem with him expecting greatness but to think he got snubbed is purely delusional. He needs to be a little humble and learn what it actually takes to be a pro bowl player. So far, he is far from it. He had some great catches but he's not a pro bowler and not even close. Maybe this year if he gets 100 catches and well over 1,000 yards.
that's the Odell Beckham Jr Syndrome, get some high reel catches and think you are the ****!. Someone needs to teach him you need consistency to be a Pro Bowler

Yeahnothing to see here folks.