• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Pickens says he was snubbed for Pro Bowl...

I said this last year and I'm going to say it again. This kid has a mental health issue. And it isn't narcissism or whatever AB has going. It's a severe anxiety disorder. And trust me I know what that looks like. The tell tale is the face mask balaclava he wears in the middle of friggen July. People see kids walking around with their hoodie up and don't know why. Same thing. It's called cocooning and is a sure sign. Now you add strange boastfulness..... I'm all but certain. Hopefully he is or looking to get treated.
Hmmmm... interesting opinion.

My 21 year old son does the same thing. Perhaps it's just how kids are now a days???

Cocooning...

Hmmmm... interesting opinion.

My 21 year old son does the same thing. Perhaps it's just how kids are now a days???

Cocooning...

There are so many things these days that some draw conclusions on when in reality it’s nothing at all.

One thing in advice that I have given out to many youngsters was to remember if they want to express themselves with tattoos and what not that they need to remember is not everyone approves of that nature, including potential employers. Several of those younger (now grown adults) have told me that was some great advice for them as they wouldn’t have the careers they are in now, had they put the tattoos where they originally wanted to.

Salute the nation

I disagree.

He can only catch and perform when the ball is thrown to him. He did what he could do when that happened.

The problem is still Coach Canada and his Pop Warner play calling. Period the end. Well, out didn't help that the OL sucked for the first six games as well.

He'll be a big part of the offense. Write it down.
Shall be interesting. We will see what type of length of leash Canada is given by our management.

If he gets 800 yards again with low opportunities George will definitely be a big part of our offense. In the media. He will not shut up about it and neither will the media. It will be a **** show.

And let’s hope they actually throw down the field. Not just the one to three yard passes that have plagued them since that most memorable Rudy/Duck season.

We’ll see what this team is made of this year. If we are truly going the run,run , pass ball control that many seem to think, it will definitely be at the expense of targets in the passing game. Let’s hope Canada has his **** together. The talent pieces are starting to be there. He’s got to mix it up effectively. Not be so obvious. We have looked like such amateurs the last couple of years.

Coaching is going to be a huge part of us this year. I hope they are up for it. And for us fans..... a touch of patience. Lots of new faces. That Oline will need some games to gel.

He was 113-1-1 with an 11 point lead or greater….
The tie was that Atlanta game where plex somehow managed to get tackled on the half yard line as time ran out… and the loss to the Bungles in 01 was absurd too…

The game started with the Bengals fumbling the opening kickoff… we recovered, and got the ball on the 24 yard line, but lost 7 yards over the next 3 plays and punted from like the 31 yard line for some reason….
The Bengals then drove down the field but missed a field goal… well technically they made a field goal that was stripped due to an obvious hold.. then missed the rekick from 32 yards

The Steelers then scored a td, stopped the Bengals on 4th down, then scored another td for a 14 point lead in the first quarter…

The Benglas started the 2nd by driving down to the 28 then missing another field goal

Then we drove down to the 25 and they returned a fumble for a td…
The Steelers responded by driving back to the 20 and kicking a field goal with a minute left in the half… the Bengals scored another field goal before half though

So then the Bengals come out after the half and drive down to the 22 but go for it on fourth down again and again get stuffed… but tge Steelers go 3 and out and punt it back to the Bungles

The Bengals run 1 play and fumble it right back to Pittsburgh..
the Steelers score a TD but miss the XP to move their lead to 13 points with 3 minutes left in the third…
We intercept the Bengals on their next possession, but three plays later Kordell throws a pick …

The next few possessions were just punts back and forth…

Then with 5:13 left in the 4th, the Steering once again stop the Bengals on 4th down…

Now it gets really ridiculous … the Steelers get the ball at midfield …. After two Fu rushes, its third and 11 from the Steelers own 49….

Kordell manages to throw a pick AT THE STEELERS OWN 39… the Bengals get the ball witl 4 minutes left on the 32 of the Steelers … a minute later they score a td to cut tge Steelers lead to 6

then they RECOVER an onside kick and 2:41 left

With 50 seconds left they have driven down to the 3 yard line, but take a personal foul to push them back to the 18 yard line
There were 37 seconds left when Kitna thre a pass toward the left front corner of the end zone.
The pass was for Danny farmer, a former Steelers 4th rounder that was unceremoniously cut the year before…
Dewayne Washington was in perfect position to make a play on the ball, but Washington’s issue was always that while usually in great position, he didn’t make plays on the ball… Farmer took it away from him for the only TD of his short career..

But wait … the Bengals MISS the xp sending it to OT…

Of course the Steelers drive stalls at tge Bengals 39 and they punt down to the 1….

The bengals then drive all the way down to the steelers 13 and kick a short field goal…

That game was a troubling harbinger - as I recall, Kitna threw something like 62 passes and the Bungles did not even bother trying to run the ball, right? They took advantage of Hampton being on the field and the base defense and shredded the team on 1st down.

The Patsies***** copied that approach for many, many years.