• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Pickens says he was snubbed for Pro Bowl...

Are we/they counting on Najee to lead us to the Promised Land? He's not Derrick Henry. Your statement is pretty on target, as things stand now. I think they will progress Kenny to the degree that he shows competence. Regardless if he has 1600 yards or not, he's not making the Pro Bowl with 800. I think 1100-1200 is realistic.
Yes. Yes they are. The blue print as in tge last 9 games last year. Now add oline help. That is exactly what they plan to do. Big power back. Fast change of pace guy. Both can catch and block. They aren't going to score with teams like KC, Buffalo and The Bengals, but they can shorten the game, play stout defense and make timely plays in the air. Sweet spot would be about 3600 yards from KP. Good TD to Int ratio. 1800 yards from Naj and Warren and another 300 from KP.

Last edited:
Tomlin is winning with Cowher's style.

It is a “copy” cat league………… so there is that………………

I wonder what final record Coach Tomlin will have when leading by 10 points or more ?

Salute the nation

Yes. Yes they are. The blue print as in tge last 9 games last year. Now add oline help. That is exactly what they plan to do. Big power back. Fast change of pace guy. Both can catch and block. They aren't going to score with teams like KC, Buffalo and The Bengals, but they can shorten the game, play stout defense and make timely plays in the air. Sweet spot would be about 3600 yards from KP. Good TD to Int ratio. 1800 yards from Naj and Warren and another 300 from KP.

So basically the same thing that the Titans tried and failed miserably with… i mean its a good gamble now just because of the saturation of the flooded zone defense.., but shortening games is a dead concept… it just doesn’t matter anymore… you might manage to reduce the other team’s possessions by one… maybe.. and offenses are so quick strike it just doesn’t really work

Now running out the clock still does… so that is a thing… but all the team’s built for a power run game have failed recently… the Seahawks win was the last team to make it work. They still need to pass to score…. Of all we do is run all the time… we may make it to the playoffs but we will be shuffled out early… we best have a good passing game to compliment the run game…

So basically the same thing that the Titans tried and failed miserably with… i mean its a good gamble now just because of the saturation of the flooded zone defense.., but shortening games is a dead concept… it just doesn’t matter anymore… you might manage to reduce the other team’s possessions by one… maybe.. and offenses are so quick strike it just doesn’t really work

Now running out the clock still does… so that is a thing… but all the team’s built for a power run game have failed recently… the Seahawks win was the last team to make it work. They still need to pass to score…. Of all we do is run all the time… we may make it to the playoffs but we will be shuffled out early… we best have a good passing game to compliment the run game…
It's a fine way to bring along a young QB, but a better way would be to have hired a top notch, QB friendly OC who knows how to scheme in today's NFL. Canada really hasn't shown this at any of his stops outside of a couple of outlying seasons.

It's a fine way to bring along a young QB, but a better way would be to have hired a top notch, QB friendly OC who knows how to scheme in today's NFL. Canada really hasn't shown this at any of his stops outside of a couple of outlying seasons.
Yeah the timing was odd… i get they wanted a modernized run game and that Canada built a lot of those scheme, but i think Tape pointed out last year that the pro field and game is so different from the college one that it might have been better to get a pro ready OC and teach him the parts of tge Canada offense they wanted to adapt than teaching Canada tge pro game especially with the impending qb change

The Titans were a play or two away when Henry was younger and this defense is better. I'm not talking about throwing for 100 yards here. I'm saying 200-250. And that just doesn't equate to a 1600 uard Pickens.

The Titans were a play or two away when Henry was younger and this defense is better. I'm not talking about throwing for 100 yards here. I'm saying 200-250. And that just doesn't equate to a 1600 uard Pickens.
200 -250 yards per game would turn out to be a top ten passing performance in Steelers history… ball control offense typically leads to sub 200 yard games passing…

It is a “copy” cat league………… so there is that………………

I wonder what final record Coach Tomlin will have when leading by 10 points or more ?

Salute the nation
It won't be near that ridiculous record Cowher had. To me, that's the most impressive coaching stat I can think of.

It won't be near that ridiculous record Cowher had. To me, that's the most impressive coaching stat I can think of.

He was 113-1-1 with an 11 point lead or greater….
The tie was that Atlanta game where plex somehow managed to get tackled on the half yard line as time ran out… and the loss to the Bungles in 01 was absurd too…

The game started with the Bengals fumbling the opening kickoff… we recovered, and got the ball on the 24 yard line, but lost 7 yards over the next 3 plays and punted from like the 31 yard line for some reason….
The Bengals then drove down the field but missed a field goal… well technically they made a field goal that was stripped due to an obvious hold.. then missed the rekick from 32 yards

The Steelers then scored a td, stopped the Bengals on 4th down, then scored another td for a 14 point lead in the first quarter…

The Benglas started the 2nd by driving down to the 28 then missing another field goal

Then we drove down to the 25 and they returned a fumble for a td…
The Steelers responded by driving back to the 20 and kicking a field goal with a minute left in the half… the Bengals scored another field goal before half though

So then the Bengals come out after the half and drive down to the 22 but go for it on fourth down again and again get stuffed… but tge Steelers go 3 and out and punt it back to the Bungles

The Bengals run 1 play and fumble it right back to Pittsburgh..
the Steelers score a TD but miss the XP to move their lead to 13 points with 3 minutes left in the third…
We intercept the Bengals on their next possession, but three plays later Kordell throws a pick …

The next few possessions were just punts back and forth…

Then with 5:13 left in the 4th, the Steering once again stop the Bengals on 4th down…

Now it gets really ridiculous … the Steelers get the ball at midfield …. After two Fu rushes, its third and 11 from the Steelers own 49….

Kordell manages to throw a pick AT THE STEELERS OWN 39… the Bengals get the ball witl 4 minutes left on the 32 of the Steelers … a minute later they score a td to cut tge Steelers lead to 6

then they RECOVER an onside kick and 2:41 left

With 50 seconds left they have driven down to the 3 yard line, but take a personal foul to push them back to the 18 yard line
There were 37 seconds left when Kitna thre a pass toward the left front corner of the end zone.
The pass was for Danny farmer, a former Steelers 4th rounder that was unceremoniously cut the year before…
Dewayne Washington was in perfect position to make a play on the ball, but Washington’s issue was always that while usually in great position, he didn’t make plays on the ball… Farmer took it away from him for the only TD of his short career..

But wait … the Bengals MISS the xp sending it to OT…

Of course the Steelers drive stalls at tge Bengals 39 and they punt down to the 1….

The bengals then drive all the way down to the steelers 13 and kick a short field goal…

The Steelers don't have a QB like the teams in the tournament last year. To me 200 yards per game is the formula for the Steelers 150 on the ground 200-250 in the air and that simply doesn't translate to 1600 yards by a receiver on their roster.
Last year is last year, we really don't know what we have with Kenny. Very much a wait and see. And this extends past this season where players 3rd year is often the cherry on top. Saying this the guy has shown come from behind ability. If he can expand on that alone the Steelers could be a well rounded team. We'll see.

He was 113-1-1 with an 11 point lead or greater….
The tie was that Atlanta game where plex somehow managed to get tackled on the half yard line as time ran out… and the loss to the Bungles in 01 was absurd too…

The game started with the Bengals fumbling the opening kickoff… we recovered, and got the ball on the 24 yard line, but lost 7 yards over the next 3 plays and punted from like the 31 yard line for some reason….
The Bengals then drove down the field but missed a field goal… well technically they made a field goal that was stripped due to an obvious hold.. then missed the rekick from 32 yards

The Steelers then scored a td, stopped the Bengals on 4th down, then scored another td for a 14 point lead in the first quarter…

The Benglas started the 2nd by driving down to the 28 then missing another field goal

Then we drove down to the 25 and they returned a fumble for a td…
The Steelers responded by driving back to the 20 and kicking a field goal with a minute left in the half… the Bengals scored another field goal before half though

So then the Bengals come out after the half and drive down to the 22 but go for it on fourth down again and again get stuffed… but tge Steelers go 3 and out and punt it back to the Bungles

The Bengals run 1 play and fumble it right back to Pittsburgh..
the Steelers score a TD but miss the XP to move their lead to 13 points with 3 minutes left in the third…
We intercept the Bengals on their next possession, but three plays later Kordell throws a pick …

The next few possessions were just punts back and forth…

Then with 5:13 left in the 4th, the Steering once again stop the Bengals on 4th down…

Now it gets really ridiculous … the Steelers get the ball at midfield …. After two Fu rushes, its third and 11 from the Steelers own 49….

Kordell manages to throw a pick AT THE STEELERS OWN 39… the Bengals get the ball witl 4 minutes left on the 32 of the Steelers … a minute later they score a td to cut tge Steelers lead to 6

then they RECOVER an onside kick and 2:41 left

With 50 seconds left they have driven down to the 3 yard line, but take a personal foul to push them back to the 18 yard line
There were 37 seconds left when Kitna thre a pass toward the left front corner of the end zone.
The pass was for Danny farmer, a former Steelers 4th rounder that was unceremoniously cut the year before…
Dewayne Washington was in perfect position to make a play on the ball, but Washington’s issue was always that while usually in great position, he didn’t make plays on the ball… Farmer took it away from him for the only TD of his short career..

But wait … the Bengals MISS the xp sending it to OT…

Of course the Steelers drive stalls at tge Bengals 39 and they punt down to the 1….

The bengals then drive all the way down to the steelers 13 and kick a short field goal…
That’s pretty impressive recall on those 2 games. Now can you give me a recap on the 113 wins?

Last year is last year, we really don't know what we have with Kenny. Very much a wait and see. And this extends past this season where players 3rd year is often the cherry on top. Saying this the guy has shown come from behind ability. If he can expand on that alone the Steelers could be a well rounded team. We'll see.
There is what he is, what he can be and what they will let him do. My guess is we will only see what he is and can be when they are behind or maybe close games on the line.

200 -250 yards per game would turn out to be a top ten passing performance in Steelers history… ball control offense typically leads to sub 200 yard games passing…
225 x 17 equals 3800 yards. No where near getting one player 1600. Not with Muth, DJ, Robinson and backs getting theirs.

And their next best receiver had 800 less. And their record was 6-11. So question, are we Steelers fans or Grorge Pickens fans here?
Bottom line is who cares on individual stats. It the win / loss column that counts.

I doubt Pickens gets 1600 yards, especially with the run first mentality they are looking to develop.

Salute the nation

I'm most interested in touchdown numbers from our wide receivers. Ideally, Johnson and Pickens should combine for around 14-16 this year, showing growth from last year. Factor in another 4-5 from Freiermuth and that is at least 18 TD passes, plus another 4-6 from the rest of the backs and receivers.

I'm most interested in touchdown numbers from our wide receivers. Ideally, Johnson and Pickens should combine for around 14-16 this year, showing growth from last year. Factor in another 4-5 from Freiermuth and that is at least 18 TD passes, plus another 4-6 from the rest of the backs and receivers.

Add in another 4 rushing from the QB room.!!!

Salute the nation

Cowher stat or NON-losing season Tomlin stat…………………………

Not even close or same sentence in my eyes or ears…..

Salute the nation

Cowher stat or NON-losing season Tomlin stat…………………………

Not even close or same sentence in my eyes or ears…..

Salute the nation
It's kind of cool that they each have something unique that is Hall of Fame credentials.

I'm fine with ignoring the signs as long as he puts up numbers and doesn't become a distraction. Just remember, we've seen this movie before.
I disagree.

He can only catch and perform when the ball is thrown to him. He did what he could do when that happened.

The problem is still Coach Canada and his Pop Warner play calling. Period the end. Well, out didn't help that the OL sucked for the first six games as well.

He'll be a big part of the offense. Write it down...