• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Pickens

Frosty

Reaction score
Well so much for him putting on his big boy pants and growing up.

I do get his frustration. I'm with him on that,but there's nothing he can do about it. Just run your routes like you're getting the ball every time and call it a day.

This **** ain't changing any time soon. Maybe if they let Wilson play someday when his booboo is healed. It's really their only hope left this season, well other than the running game all of a sudden becoming dominant and unstoppable. Which is beginning to look like that won't happen this year.

Pickens has two choices be a professional or be a pain in the *** and get yourself traded away.

There is one common denominator to the diva bullshit that keeps happening in our WR room.
We acknowledge that. When we are cast within the sea we choose to swim. Our waffles may not be pancakes but we accept that a pat of butter may not suffice and make atonement with the blueberry syrup as such.

Here is my 2025 Mock Draft. I know I know...it's too obvious. :ROFLMAO:

Rd 1:: WR
Rd 2:: WR
Rd 3:: WR
Rd 4:: WR
Rd 5:: WR
Rd 6:: WR
Rd 7:: WR
Sadly, it's going to take 3-4 years of drafts to fix this team. They need OL help, the DL is closer to AARP Benefits than they are to a SB. We need WR and ILB as well as DB's. This team needs help is so many areas it is not even funny.

We acknowledge that. When we are cast within the sea we choose to swim. Our waffles may not be pancakes but we accept that a pat of butter may not suffice and make atonement with the blueberry syrup as such.
So long as we have properly pressed wine to drink, the plethora of issues will seem mundane by comparison to the unequivocal standard.

Sadly, it's going to take 3-4 years of drafts to fix this team. They need OL help, the DL is closer to AARP Benefits than they are to a SB. We need WR and ILB as well as DB's. This team needs help is so many areas it is not even funny.
Nah, I think the right coach can right the ship quickly. Hell, Tomlin could do it quickly if he wasn’t so stubborn and stuck on his outdated philosophy.

Look at the Colts. Not a star in that WR room. Guys running open almost every passing play. When you limit yourself schematically, this is the stuff you get.

We get credit for finding receivers late but there’s a reason their talent keeps them out of first or second round. Grow up young man and handle your business. We all have to in our jobs. I started my Monday morning off with a giant **** sandwich but I didn’t whine about it. I dug in and went to work fixing it.

We absolutely dont need an ilb... that isnt even a remote need

If every Ilb underperforms here, its the system, not the player... go look at what Robert spilane is doing with the raiders... his splash plays are way up and he was always a solid runstuffer... here for four years... nothing... leaves and is a star in LV..

We absolutely dont need an ilb... that isnt even a remote need

If every Ilb underperforms here, its the system, not the player... go look at what Robert spilane is doing with the raiders... his splash plays are way up and he was always a solid runstuffer... here for four years... nothing... leaves and is a star in LV..
Exactly! Players leave here and fair much better in other coaching systems. And then you have Coaches leave under Tomlin and disappear, not promoted unless you're Brian Florez who was mistreated in Miami and was given new life here for a year. The whole Tomlin culture is a dysfunctional rot.

Well so much for him putting on his big boy pants and growing up.

I do get his frustration. I'm with him on that,but there's nothing he can do about it. Just run your routes like you're getting the ball every time and call it a day.

This **** ain't changing any time soon. Maybe if they let Wilson play someday when his booboo is healed. It's really their only hope left this season, well other than the running game all of a sudden becoming dominant and unstoppable. Which is beginning to look like that won't happen this year.

Pickens has two choices be a professional or be a pain in the *** and get yourself traded away.
While I get his frustrations, he’s had as big a hand as any in the last two weeks **** sandwiches. He coughed up the ball inside the 10 against Indy, and ran a half assed route on a third down incompletion, which had he ran full speed through, the mother ****** scores a td on a catch and run. Not to mention his inexplicable third down drop after taking the lead in the 3rd Q, on a possession that could have started to ice the game. Frustrated? Fine, I get it. But you better make plays when your ******* number is called.

Here is my 2025 Mock Draft. I know I know...it's too obvious. :ROFLMAO:

Rd 1:: WR
Rd 2:: WR
Rd 3:: WR
Rd 4:: WR
Rd 5:: WR
Rd 6:: WR
Rd 7:: WR

As in the scene "Animal House" Court room------- "hand over mouth pretending to cough......... Bullshitss"

We need a #1 HC, #2WR, #3HC, #4WR,............ the rest don't matter

Salute the nation

As in the scene "Animal House" Court room------- "hand over mouth pretending to cough......... Bullshitss"

We need a #1 HC, #2WR, #3HC, #4WR,............ the rest don't matter

Salute the nation
I know fans might not overly like this but looks like they will need a RB as well…

I know fans might not overly like this but looks like they will need a RB as well…
Not if Warren gets healthy and they install him as RB1. Then get a couple of serviceable RBs who can hit holes with vision to back him up. Warren should be motivated when he returns. It always felt like he and Najee were in competition to see who gets the second contract and in Warren's absence, Najee hasn't done much to pull ahead.

I hear yaz slash and my post was mostly an attempt at humor / sarcasm.

Our needs are

1) QB
2) WR /OL / DL
3) OL / DL / WR
4) RB / LB both in & out

Salute the nation

I hear yaz slash and my post was mostly an attempt at humor / sarcasm.

Our needs are

1) QB
2) WR /OL / DL
3) OL / DL / WR
4) RB / LB both in & out

Salute the nation
1. QB
2. WR1
3. WR2
4. RB1

They have OL, they need them to develop and work together, it'll take time but the potential is there.

LB depth? Queen, Roberts, Wilson is solid. Watt, Highsmith, Herbig is elite.

Who cares about DL right now? This offense is dreadful and needs a complete overhaul at the skill position and a modern offensive mind completely running the show.

Back to Pickens...I am getting close to being over him. Give some effort.

i thought George was a headcase in college, too?

He was / is. It was also made known that most GMs of the NFL didn't want anything to do with him. It was also said by several in the know, that if anyone could reach him, it would be Coach Tomlin.

I think if we can somehow get going, GP would fall magically in place.

Salute the nation

Who cares about DL right now? This offense is dreadful and needs a complete overhaul at the skill position and a modern offensive mind completely running the show.

Back to Pickens...I am getting close to being over him. Give some effort.

You know what it will take to make that happen.

Salute the nation