• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Pickens

Well, this thing can go one of two ways. They can either regroup and dig in or is this the start of the wheels coming off. Damn how quickly things change in the NFL.
Nothing has changed other than defensive injuries. The offense was just an illusion as the defense was winning the first couple of games...and barely doing that.

He was / is. It was also made known that most GMs of the NFL didn't want anything to do with him. It was also said by several in the know, that if anyone could reach him, it would be Coach Tomlin.

I think if we can somehow get going, GP would fall magically in place.

Salute the nation
When/if Tomlin uses his magic beans....all will be well.

When/if Tomlin uses his magic beans....all will be well.
I think it's different now. I think Tomlin used to be able to reach these guys. It seems he still thinks he can. He may be wrong. A lot of these young guys don't seem to give a shiit about anything except getting theirs. So maybe stop taking the risk drafting guys like this, regardless of their talent.

You know what it will take to make that happen.

Salute the nation
Pat Narduzzi is probably one of the most stubborn head coaches in college football and took a chance on a very smart, young offensive mind from a small school. I don't know how the season will turn out, but the offense has been infinitely better and more fun to watch this year. Seriously, if he can break the mold on how he wants his OC to run the offense, anyone can.

Pat Narduzzi is probably one of the most stubborn head coaches in college football and took a chance on a very smart, young offensive mind from a small school. I don't know how the season will turn out, but the offense has been infinitely better and more fun to watch this year. Seriously, if he can break the mold on how he wants his OC to run the offense, anyone can.
Mike Tomlin isn't just stubborn, he's arrogant and controlling. Narduzzi isn't

During the Tom Donahoe era, the Steelers were known to have some psychology guru involved in the draft process meetings with players. They focused on personalities that were "team first" type of people.

I don't remember the Steelers having a lot of diva personalities from 1972-2005. I'm sure I'm overlooking someone in there but not like we have seen in the past decade.

Yes, it's partly Tomlin's lack of leadership style. His interest in being a buddy instead of a coach. But it has to be higher in the organization too.

You can just see it: "He's just so talented. We can manage the personality issues."

You know who that was probably never spoken about? Hines Ward.

We need more Hines Ward, and less Me'veon Bell/George Pickens/AB.

Being a "buddy" has nothing to do with it. I think Tomlin thinks he can really relate to many of these young kids and change them. I'm not sure he can, I'm not really sure anyone can. It's different now. Perhaps he needs to stop thinking he can reach them and stop drafting idiots. I think the answer lies there.

I also think the Steelers have kept him as head coach partly because they think he can reach these guys. Since doesn't seem that is happening, maybe it's time to stop worrying about that and reevaluate.

GP must be in the dog house. There truly is no other explanation for him seeing so few snaps this past weekend. He should be out there for 90% of the O snaps.
Watch the video I shared and tell me that is worthless *** should be out there for 90% of the snaps. He should be suspended for a game or two for conduct detrimental...but Shades does not have the sack necessary to do that.

During the Tom Donahoe era, the Steelers were known to have some psychology guru involved in the draft process meetings with players. They focused on personalities that were "team first" type of people.

I don't remember the Steelers having a lot of diva personalities from 1972-2005. I'm sure I'm overlooking someone in there but not like we have seen in the past decade.

Yes, it's partly Tomlin's lack of leadership style. His interest in being a buddy instead of a coach. But it has to be higher in the organization too.

You can just see it: "He's just so talented. We can manage the personality issues."

You know who that was probably never spoken about? Hines Ward.

We need more Hines Ward, and less Me'veon Bell/George Pickens/AB.
All the bs seemed to start with the Young Money garbage. The Steelers enabled that diva attitude, rather than handling it.

That was so disrespectful to Big Ben.

GP must be in the dog house. There truly is no other explanation for him seeing so few snaps this past weekend. He should be out there for 90% of the O snaps.
And get at least 25% of the pass attempts directed at him

We acknowledge that. When we are cast within the sea we choose to swim. Our waffles may not be pancakes but we accept that a pat of butter may not suffice and make atonement with the blueberry syrup as such.
I see what you did there.

Sounds like Picken’s dad is an enabler, he criticized Arthur Smith on X. Parents who refuse to be critical of their children and blame others for their mistakes create monsters. I had a falling out with former friends and current neighbors over their son and their unwillingness to deal with his misbehavior.

And….now there’s this

I can’t believe this is normal behavior for an nfl player or for an nfl team to allow it.

A culture/pattern of coddling talented but diva players is the responsibility of two men at the end of the day Rooney and Tomlin. Najee has issues of his own but he’s talked about this issue on the team numerous times too.

Cue the resident Tomlin apologists and old heads here calling me a “hater” for putting this on the Tomlin in 3, 2,….

And….now there’s this

I can’t believe this is normal behavior for an nfl player or for an nfl team to allow it.

A culture/pattern of coddling talented but diva players is the responsibility of two men at the end of the day Rooney and Tomlin. Najee has issues of his own but he’s talked about this issue on the team numerous times too.

Cue the resident Tomlin apologists and old heads here calling me a “hater” for putting this on the Tomlin in 3, 2,….

**** the apologists, blame goes to who is to blame.

#1 is George Pickens himself. He should own up to being a man (I know it takes longer for some to mature), acknowledge his life's goals and reach out to achieve them. Brutally honest with himself. If football isn't in the cards, he should move on with his life's work. Money is a big factor in all this as well.

#2 is Mike Tomlin in handling this (remember we only have an outsider's view). We all see needing more disciplined structure, but there is a point of where you loose the project person. Also Coach Tomlin for not vehemently addressing a second top WR, the sort of putting all the eggs in one basket in the George Picken syndrone. This is a very good example of RE-action and NOT PRO-action, something all to familiar with this coaching regime.

#3 Kahn & Wiedl both had hands in clearing Picket to draft even with the BIG red flags surrounding him.

Salute the nation

Next page....

"We support George during his time in rehab and that the substance abuse issues will be addressed."

They could bring in Mr. Bryant and talk of his experience, both on and off the field of play.

Salute the nation

Watch the video I shared and tell me that is worthless *** should be out there for 90% of the snaps. He should be suspended for a game or two for conduct detrimental...but Shades does not have the sack necessary to do that.
Except that'd take away about 70 % of the O

Except that'd take away about 70 % of the O
What exactly has **** for brains done this year that leads you to that conclusion? Is it all of his TD catches this year? He was a headache coming out of college, why anyone thought Tomlin of all people could "turn him around" is beyond me. He is a ******* cancer, and will continue to be a cancer until someone in the organization grows a pair and puts him in his place.

1. QB
2. WR1
3. WR2
4. RB1

They have OL, they need them to develop and work together, it'll take time but the potential is there.

LB depth? Queen, Roberts, Wilson is solid. Watt, Highsmith, Herbig is elite.

Who cares about DL right now? This offense is dreadful and needs a complete overhaul at the skill position and a modern offensive mind completely running the show.

Back to Pickens...I am getting close to being over him. Give some effort.
Pickens is still the best player on the Offense despite showing an obvious lack of effort. Tells you everything you need to know. Let's have a slow clap for omar

Pickens is still the best player on the Offense despite showing an obvious lack of effort. Tells you everything you need to know. Let's have a slow clap for omar

Omar has completely overhauled the Oline and QB rooms... they have a new OC. He has shipped out two locker room problems at WR ... how much change do expect out of two years of drafts?
My guess is the O looks better as the line gels later in the season... if they keep some consistency into next year it Should be fine.. though they may be rebuilding tge RB room this offseason..