• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Picket > Jaylen Hurts

He lit it up in preseason last year as well, then the season starts and.............
Did he get a fair shake, who knows, Canada certainly didn't help and the overall offensive philosophy didn't do him any favors either.
But he's no longer a Steeler so what does it matter?
Personally, I hope he does well with the rest of his career, with coaches that can actually coach.

I still maintain this. If I was looking for a QB reclamation project........he's the guy. Small sample. Did what he was told to do ( be careful with the ball) and played for a unqualified OC with which no one had sucess. Anyone has to admit that whatever Kenny Pickett really is contains some element of mystery. In fact I'd say this. What they got in Fields may have a higher floor but I don't know about ceiling. He's started a lot of games in this league and never looked like a franchise guy.

I wish Pickett well. I think he will end up being a competent starter somewhere (maybe the Eagles). His ceiling is a Tannehill type career. Nothing wrong with that.
I think he could be Cousins... he has tgat 4tg quarter comeback thing going for him... but he isnt going to be Ben...

O’Canada sucked, but he had a scheme influenced upon him. That scheme could easily still be here, pending on how and what was said upon Smith’s hiring.

Salute the nation

O’Canada sucked, but he had a scheme influenced upon him. That scheme could easily still be here, pending on how and what was said upon Smith’s hiring.

Salute the nation
I really think the Steelers are going back to being a physical running team first. So whomever the qb is ,they will get the benefit of that.

It's going to take a little time getting their identity back.

The offense has been trash since they went to being a 3-5 yard passing jet sweep team. That **** was never going to win with any qb in the league starting for them.

I would like to be the guy that says I wish KP the best unless he is playing the Steelers. But I really dont want him to be a Cousins or anything close to it. it would just piss me off even m ore

He lit it up in preseason last year as well, then the season starts and.............
Did he get a fair shake, who knows, Canada certainly didn't help and the overall offensive philosophy didn't do him any favors either.
But he's no longer a Steeler so what does it matter?
Personally, I hope he does well with the rest of his career, with coaches that can actually coach.
This ---------^
I hope he does well and helps the Iggles win a Super Bowl. Possibly the only time I wished well for a Philly team.
Further proof that Shades' offensive philosophy is **** and likewise his coaching hires are ****.

I would like to be the guy that says I wish KP the best unless he is playing the Steelers. But I really dont want him to be a Cousins or anything close to it. it would just piss me off even m ore
At who? Tomlin and the organization for not developing him and putting him in one of the most putrid offenses ever? Or at Pickett for wanting to get out of Pittsburgh because his feelings got hurt for being lied to?

At who? Tomlin and the organization for not developing him and putting him in one of the most putrid offenses ever? Or at Pickett for wanting to get out of Pittsburgh because his feelings got hurt for being lied to?
Both. should never been put in the position he was in here. and he should not have whined his way out.

I really think the Steelers are going back to being a physical running team first. So whomever the qb is ,they will get the benefit of that.

It's going to take a little time getting their identity back.

The offense has been trash since they went to being a 3-5 yard passing jet sweep team. That **** was never going to win with any qb in the league starting for them.

That was proven by having a HOF franchise QB, who saved and covered a lot, but was still going nowhere in that system.

Salute the nation

This ---------^
I hope he does well and helps the Iggles win a Super Bowl. Possibly the only time I wished well for a Philly team.
Further proof that Shades' offensive philosophy is **** and likewise his coaching hires are ****.
Indeed, he's been ruining our offense for so many years, including hiring and keeping totally inept coordinators. And then fighting to keep them for almost 3 years. Incompetence at its prime.

Me too, though I really wouldn't be surprised if Pickett emerges as a good QB within the next few years, whether with the Eagles or elsewhere.

He obviously showed no consistency with the Steelers, but he flashed some things, particularly in 2-minute situations, that leads one to believe he is capable of more with the right scheme and coaching.

He obviously did not get that with the Steelers, and if we're honest with ourselves, very few of us had confidence in a Tomlin-coached team developing a franchise QB even before Pickett was drafted.

Sometimes scheme/coaching matters a lot. Though Trubisky obviously wasn't great with the Bears, he looked like ******* John Elway with them compared to what he showed with the Steelers. He looked really good in limited action with the Bills as well.

Rudolph seemed to make it work in Canada's scheme, but who knows if it would have turned out the same way if Canada was still calling the plays.

Me too, though I really wouldn't be surprised if Pickett emerges as a good QB within the next few years, whether with the Eagles or elsewhere.

He obviously showed no consistency with the Steelers, but he flashed some things, particularly in 2-minute situations, that leads one to believe he is capable of more with the right scheme and coaching.

He obviously did not get that with the Steelers, and if we're honest with ourselves, very few of us had confidence in a Tomlin-coached team developing a franchise QB even before Pickett was drafted.

Sometimes scheme/coaching matters a lot. Though Trubisky obviously wasn't great with the Bears, he looked like ******* John Elway with them compared to what he showed with the Steelers. He looked really good in limited action with the Bills as well.

Rudolph seemed to make it work in Canada's scheme, but who knows if it would have turned out the same way if Canada was still calling the plays.
A lot has "come out in the wash" about Canada since he was fired. His schemes were considered hopelessly simple, amateurish, sophomoric, archaic, antiquated and behind-the-times.

https://steelersnow.com/former-steelers-te-rips-offenses-lack-of-details-matt-canada/

A lot has "come out in the wash" about Canada since he was fired. His schemes were considered hopelessly simple, amateurish, sophomoric, archaic, antiquated and behind-the-times.

https://steelersnow.com/former-steelers-te-rips-offenses-lack-of-details-matt-canada/

I think "predictable" might have been the best adjective for it.

When you see DBs constantly playing "downhill" against the Steelers and aggressively attacking the same routes over and over, with nothing being done to counter it, it reflects pretty gross incompetence on the offensive coaching.

Things seemed to improve when Faulkner and Sullivan took over, though it wasn't apparent until Tomlin finally benched Trubisky for Rudolph.

I think "predictable" might have been the best adjective for it.

When you see DBs constantly playing "downhill" against the Steelers and aggressively attacking the same routes over and over, with nothing being done to counter it, it reflects pretty gross incompetence on the offensive coaching.

Things seemed to improve when Faulkner and Sullivan took over, though it wasn't apparent until Tomlin finally benched Trubisky for Rudolph.
And I think the changes were quite rudimentary but anything was an improvement over the trash Canada put out there.

Kenny wins the starting job and kicks our *** in week 15 when we are fighting for our never a losing seasons live's.....

Wouldn't surprise me one bit.

I want the best for young Mr. Pickett and simply think he was setup to fail here in Pittsburgh.
Imo Kenny was never going to be an all pro or perennial pro bowl QB but I do think if he had been handled correctly he could have been a quality QB and won lot of games.
The scheme was non NFL, the OC was way in over his head, the OL was not consistent, and Kenny wasn’t being taught or mentored by a quality QB Coach.
Kenny made his share of mistakes like running into sacks, not hitting open receivers but I think that could and should have been corrected.
The Bengal game he looked like the QB we expected to see and I think we would have seen more games like that.
I think imo he has been lied to and made promises that didn’t come to fruition and therefore the frustration began to set in.
Kenny didn’t handle it well and his immaturity was on display the end of the season but I think he had been lied to.
I hope and do think this new start is a good thing for him. He will not be the starter in Philly since Hurts is being paid big bucks but Philly is run so much different than mom and pop Steelers.
If Hurts falters and isn’t playing well, they won’t hesitate to play Kenny.
Kenny under new coaching, much better schemes and players may very well shine there in Philly.
I’ll be pulling for him. Afterall, he’s now really in his hometown or close enough to it growing up right over the bridge in Jersey.

Using a first round pick on him was the original mistake. I'm looking at you Tomlin. Expectation were far too high.