• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Picket > Jaylen Hurts

Using a first round pick on him was the original mistake. I'm looking at you Tomlin. Expectation were far too high.
I also think Colbert had a lot to do with it. wanted to set the team up with a franchise qb. and then exit stage left

Using a first round pick on him was the original mistake. I'm looking at you Tomlin. Expectation were far too high.
Remember after he was drafted Shades texted out to the rest of the team, "We got our guy!"

I don't know how it will turn out, but the Steelers QB depth chart at least offers some sort of upside with Wilson and Fields. Pickett and Rudolph meant, at best, a 9-win season.
That OL and running game should get the 9 wins. They ran a trash offense for 4 years. An 8 year old could gameplay to stop.

That's the way I view the entire picture. That and the defense couldn't stop a group of angry girlscouts.

It's the post season vs the teams who have their **** together.

I can only hope with the two quarterbacks they brought in. One of them has been to the superbowl twice. So he knows what it takes to win playoff games. I see Fields as a guy who can add his own Slash dimension to the offense.

I'm optimistic, but who isn't this time of the year?

They're putting all of those chips in the pile and going for it. You can't really ask for any better than that.

I’d say Shades is plum out of excuses and people to blame.
Colbert replaced, Canada replaced, all three QBs replaced.
If the team fails to qualify for the playoffs and it’s now eight years without a win, now what?
Now will come the "But the team had to get used to all the new stuff (offensive system, QB) and that takes a year." No, it's not a legit excuse, but not many Tomlin excuses are.

That OL and running game should get the 9 wins. They ran a trash offense for 4 years. An 8 year old could gameplay to stop.

That's the way I view the entire picture. That and the defense couldn't stop a group of angry girlscouts.

It's the post season vs the teams who have their **** together.

I can only hope with the two quarterbacks they brought in. One of them has been to the superbowl twice. So he knows what it takes to win playoff games. I see Fields as a guy who can add his own Slash dimension to the offense.

I'm optimistic, but who isn't this time of the year?

They're putting all of those chips in the pile and going for it. You can't really ask for any better than that.
Are they though? Does running a "pee your pants" offense qualify for "all the chips being pushed to the center of the table?" We once again are spending more on defense than any team in the NFL and LESS on offense than any team. Not sure if that's how you truly "go for it all" in 2024.

I don't know how it will turn out, but the Steelers QB depth chart at least offers some sort of upside with Wilson and Fields. Pickett and Rudolph meant, at best, a 9-win season.
How so? Wilson is old. He had an 11 and 19 record with Denver. Six and 8 his last season with Seattle. Fields' record with Chicago is 11 and 29. Or are you thinking Tomlin will coach them up?

Now will come the "But the team had to get used to all the new stuff (offensive system, QB) and that takes a year." No, it's not a legit excuse, but not many Tomlin excuses are.
Yes. That is for sure. Do not expect miracles next season. Just too much new on the team. From rookie players in key positions, to a brand new offense.

Hell I remember a time very few rookies outside of top 10 draft pick quarterbacks, started the first season at all. Maybe late in the season.

What's the easiest thing to do? Run the damn ball. I'm hoping for the best, but I'm realistic in what will probably occur.

I just want to see some nasty attitude,smashing people in the running game and great tackling.

If the team fails to qualify for the playoffs and it’s now eight years without a win, now what?
If they don't get a playoff win this year the Tomlin Fan Club will call you a racist.
For the TFC it's not just that we have new QB's but we have all new black QB's. According to the TFC in the Steeler FB groups, the reason for the playoff losses was the horrible white QB we had for years and years.

How so? Wilson is old. He had an 11 and 19 record with Denver. Six and 8 his last season with Seattle. Fields' record with Chicago is 11 and 29. Or are you thinking Tomlin will coach them up?
Wilson still had better stats last season than all three of our QB's combined. Of course Denver's OC wasn't licking the windows on the short bus and wearing his own football helmet.

My early prediction is with all the changes is 10-7 and a wild card playoff loss just like last year. It's simply as good as Shades knows how to be.
We'll finish third in the division behind the Rats and Bungles.

Are they though? Does running a "pee your pants" offense qualify for "all the chips being pushed to the center of the table?" We once again are spending more on defense than any team in the NFL and LESS on offense than any team. Not sure if that's how you truly "go for it all" in 2024.

It takes time to rebuild a team that's neglected the trenches for years. The last two drafts addressed that on the OL.

What's left on offense? I'd rather they draft wideouts than go overpay for some diva headcase whose sole purpose is just to cash in.

If they don't get a playoff win this year the Tomlin Fan Club will call you a racist.
For the TFC it's not just that we have new QB's but we have all new black QB's. According to the TFC in the Steeler FB groups, the reason for the playoff losses was the horrible white QB we had for years and years.
Racism comes in all colors. The same goes for delusional people.

This ---------^
I hope he does well and helps the Iggles win a Super Bowl. Possibly the only time I wished well for a Philly team.
Further proof that Shades' offensive philosophy is **** and likewise his coaching hires are ****.

You must have believed he had potential.
Those that were convinced that both Pickett and Rudolph were bums sure as hell aint hoping they win Super Bowls...let alone do well.
Probably hoping like hell the opposite, because that's big crow to eat....and the agony of knowing what we could have had.

I'm not being critical of anyone, I'd feel the same way if I were that guy. LOL

Did no one watch Pickett play?

HAPPY FEET was the worst quarterback in football. That is all…

I think if Mason had started the entire season, they might have won 12+ games

I could agree with this provided the Tomlin kept his distance and allowed the same opened up play calling.

Those season end three games Rudolf won were pressure must wins to get to play offs and the beloved “non-losing” season toll. That fact forced the Tomlin to open up and less restrict the play calling. PROOF was imeadiately shown in the play off game, where the Tomlin resumed his activity with-in the offense.

Salute the nation

Anywhere else and he’d be canned.

Salute the nation

You must have believed he had potential.
Those that were convinced that both Pickett and Rudolph were bums sure as hell aint hoping they win Super Bowls...let alone do well.
Probably hoping like hell the opposite, because that's big crow to eat....and the agony of knowing what we could have had.

I'm not being critical of anyone, I'd feel the same way if I were that guy. LOL
He was a Heisman Trophy finalist, so there is that.

What prompted you to ask such a question?
This doesn't at all have the feel of a "wish we had Kenny back" thread.

What prompted you to ask such a question?
This doesn't at all have the feel of a "wish we had Kenny back" thread.
Our line wasn't very good and we had the worst OC in the league. Need to see how he does somewhere else with better coaching.
Just the same, if you want to be the starter then play better and don't ***** when the team signs another QB.