• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Picket > Jaylen Hurts

Would those include the years, as an example, that he lost to two 2-10 teams back to back………….

Some of these years you speak of, he put himself into that position of of relying on others to make the playoffs.

His history speaks.
Most years. We rarely get a first round bye and have to wait for some other teams to win or lose to see if we make it.
Like I said, Shades likes to keep things close and save some points and time outs for later.

Most years. We rarely get a first round bye and have to wait for some other teams to win or lose to see if we make it.
Like I said, Shades likes to keep things close and save some points and time outs for later.

I hear yaz Ron.

I remember a awhile ago where we needed 5 things to happen with two games left to play. All them things happened and we made it in only to just lose by a lot, in the 1st round.

Salute the nation

I hear yaz Ron.

I remember a awhile ago where we needed 5 things to happen with two games left to play. All them things happened and we made it in only to just lose by a lot, in the 1st round.
Because we weren't really a playoff-caliber team.

Nice call
Eh...there were only two choices and at least half of us would have made that call. lol

Plus he said "probably".

Now if he would have said it with conviction rather than "probably" and predicted the length of the extension, (3years) yeah nice call !! LOL

200w.gif

I really don't care what you believe or don't believe. As God is my witness, it happened. It's actually something I'll never forget.

Last edited:
I get your point but I think it's more that the offense is an afterthought for Shades and he wants to win with defense.
Works okay in the regular season but not so much in the playoffs when you face consistently good teams who can put up points.
I think Shades is so damn arrogant that he thinks he knows what's best for the offense and tries to run that too. I don't care what anyone says, the streak of 3 playoff wins in 13 seasons all started when 1. Cowher's players started leaving and 2. he started taking control from LeBeau.

So another tweet about Pickett being very impressive in Eagle-land went out from profootballrumors again today...

Maybe pickett is just a practice beast, maybe he wont amount to anything, but heaven help us if he does, because a lot of loudmouth blowhards are going to be backpedaling hard about him... and thats going to be even more annoying than the same know it alls regurgitating how he was worthless and they knew it every five seconds while he was here 🤣🤣🤣

I think Shades is so damn arrogant that he thinks he knows what's best for the offense and tries to run that too. I don't care what anyone says, the streak of 3 playoff wins in 13 seasons all started when 1. Cowher's players started leaving and 2. he started taking control from LeBeau.
QBR