• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Pitt vs. Penn State This Week

SteelerSask2

Reaction score
They showed it on gameday. Field is at centre of speedway. Nearest seats are about 100 yards further away than normal. They said it will be a great venue but what are they gonna say. It's the college football of a winter classic.

CharlesDavenport

Reaction score
Those Pitt helmets look like ****. I thought the flat finish look was dead after the Jacksonville debacle.

thesteelcity

Pittsburgh, PA
Reaction score
Those Pitt helmets look like ****. I thought the flat finish look was dead after the Jacksonville debacle.

i agree! The gold helmets would have looked fine with the blue unis. Not liking the flat look, at all.

Pitt is cruising! A lot of football to be played and wouldn't doubt PSU comes back in the 2nd half. Seen that dog before.

Troglodyte

Reaction score
They showed it on gameday. Field is at centre of speedway. Nearest seats are about 100 yards further away than normal. They said it will be a great venue but what are they gonna say. It's the college football of a winter classic.

100 yards or 100 feet? 100 yards further away and the closest seats are peanut heaven.

Troglodyte

Reaction score
Looking like a blowout. Franklin has to be on the hot seat. Wouldn't it be something if Penn State stole Narduzzi from Pitt?

Superman

You may worship me
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
bogus TD by the Penn State RB. never got in. Side official ruled it a TD before he could cross the goal line.

madinsomniac

Reaction score
Some of the social media stuff I'm seeing today makes me laugh.... Neither of these teams seem very good... ultimately Penn state doesnt have the D and Pitt has no passing game to speak of. As a guy who follows both a bit i find most hardcore fans of these teams to be delusionally stuck in the past.... neither are really going to be national contenders again....

antdrewjosh

Reaction score
Good game

madinsomniac

Reaction score
So ok, You are Penn State... you have all the momentum in the world... Pitt only has a rushing game... why not play for OT there....

madinsomniac

Reaction score
I'm surprised they didn't make this game for 3:30 or even a prime time night game. Look at this week's schedule and this may be the best game of the day. There are no ranked matchups this week. It's cupcake weekend.

Virginia Tech vs Tennessee looks to be the only other possibly interesting game, but after Tenn's squeaker vs App State, who knows?

Bet next season it gets a prime time slot... it was a good game

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Heck of a good game.

antdrewjosh

Reaction score
So ok, You are Penn State... you have all the momentum in the world... Pitt only has a rushing game... why not play for OT there....

QB got greedy. Great game that needs to be a tradition again. Screw the politics

ZonaBurgh

My Opinions Are Awesome!
Contributor
Reaction score
I dvr'd the game, out autocrossing this morning.

DVR stopped recording after the 2 point PSU conversion.

Two teams that are going nowhere, but I did enjoy the Pitt win.

FordFairLane

Reaction score
Young kid had a few successful throws down field and got a little gun happy. He will learn there was an easy first down + on the top of the field. This is a young team that's going to have growing pains but I feel by the end of the season they will be playing good ball and next year watch out.

Hats off to Pitt was good to see this rivalry revived.

SteelerFan448

Forefather
Reaction score
Very entertaining game and a great atmosphere today. Pitt did their best to blow that one, but thankfully they didn't.

FordFairLane

Reaction score
Yes, the comeback had nothing to do with the defense settling down and the offense finally getting on track...