• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Portlanders Making Mad Max Proud

Tim Steelersfan

Flog's Daddy
Contributor
Reaction score
Call for violence, get violence! You go Maxine!

Man Assaulted by Angry, Drunk Mob For Wearing MAGA Hat into Portland Bar

A man in Portland took his wife out for a night on the town on Friday, and he ended up with a gashed and bloody nose, with two suspects facing charges, all over the man’s apparent support of President Trump.

Screen-Shot-2019-08-26-at-12.35.26-AM-600x338.jpg

The modern day left strikes again.

Leopold-Hauser-Adebisi-Okuneye-600x338.jpg

Leopold A. Hauser and Adebisi A. Okuneye mugshots

KPTV reports:

Portland police say a man and woman were arrested early Saturday morning for assault, and the man who was attack says it’s all because of his “Make America Great Again” hat.

At around 12:50 a.m., officers responded to the report of a disturbance at the Growler’s Taproom, located in the 3300 block of Southeast Hawthorne Boulevard.

Luke Lenzner told FOX 12 that he and his wife were on a date night. He said right when they got there, they were attacked outside the patio by people upset about the hat.

“I got mobbed by everybody that was in that bar outside. People came from the inside out – just circled me and my wife,” said Lenzner.

Lenzner attests that things escalated between people outside the bar. That’s when police say 22-year-old Leopold A. Hauser and 23-year-old Adebisi A. Okuneye assaulted Lenzner and his wife.

“Surrounding me, like literally surrounding me, pushing me. I’m just trying to get through, trying to stop the person from hitting me, from taking my hat, and then I get sucker punched,” Lenzner told FOX 12.

The suspects were arrested a few blocks away.

Both Hauser and Okuneye were booked into the Multnomah County Detention Center on charges of third-degree assault. They are expected to be arraigned Monday.

Witnesses, including the bartender, say Lenzner was the one who started it. In security footage, he can be seen pointing to his hat and saying something as he left, and witnesses say that’s what started it all.

Police say Lenzner never involved himself physically in the altercation.

Hauser and Okuneye were released on their own recognizance, due in court on Monday. We’ll see if district attorney Rod Underhill will once again play political favorites and drop all charges.

went to avalon, NJ this weekend for some beach and water time.....never seen so many Trump 2020 flags in my life before. Every boat, house and folks with clothing was all Trump. Was nice

Witnesses, including the bartender, say Lenzner was the one who started it. In security footage, he can be seen pointing to his hat and saying something as he left, and witnesses say that’s what started it all.

So that thing about "sticks and stones" is no longer true, I guess.

Hauser and Okuneye were released on their own recognizance, due in court on Monday. We’ll see if district attorney Rod Underhill will once again play political favorites and drop all charges.

I do believe that here in Oregon the DA is appointed by the governor. And that's what the problem is.

Come on now guys....wtf are we talkin' about here. I'm an old guy..granted....but there is not a whole buncha ways this **** happens without somebody letting it happen. I'm sorry but if there is some punk wanting, threatening or promising to do me harm then he better be covering up quick...he's hurtin' now, not later. Same with anyone in the area...stand down or not, your choice.

Come on now guys....wtf are we talkin' about here. I'm an old guy..granted....but there is not a whole buncha ways this **** happens without somebody letting it happen. I'm sorry but if there is some punk wanting, threatening or promising to do me harm then he better be covering up quick...he's hurtin' now, not later. Same with anyone in the area...stand down or not, your choice.

You think you’re safe supporting trump in Portland.

While I would say he doesn’t deserve that, it would seem he went looking for a fight. He can’t possibly have hoped there would be another Trump guy to in that bar that would back him up. Not in Portland. He’s lucky he wasn’t lynched.

Sounds like something I would do.

While I would say he doesn’t deserve that, it would seem he went looking for a fight. He can’t possibly have hoped there would be another Trump guy to in that bar that would back him up. Not in Portland. He’s lucky he wasn’t lynched.

That like saying when I walk into a bar Sunday to watch the Steelers, wearing my team colors, that I’m asking for trouble because it’s a PHL bar

That like saying when I walk into a bar Sunday to watch the Steelers, wearing my team colors, that I’m asking for trouble because it’s a PHL bar

No, it's not. If you are just wearing your gear and watching the game, you will probably take some grief, but I doubt there will be much more. Go in there running your mouth, it might be a different story. The article said there is video of him pointing to his MAGA hat and running his mouth. It doesn't sound like he was just in there minding his own business and the mob attacked.

I don't agree with anything that happened to this guy. That said, sometimes you gotta know where you are and the people you are around, and if it turns out you are terribly outnumbered, best to choose discretion. Say what you want about that, but you don't win wars by dying for your cause. You win wars by getting your enemy to die for theirs.

It's called situational awareness, and apparently this guy had none.

So much for free speech. A person isn't free to attack someone unless it's in self defense or defending those who can not defend themselves. With that being said you'd had better be ready to throwdown if you go into hostile territory talking ****.

It's like going to a sporting event against a big rival team. You WILL run into drunk obnoxious people ready to fight over a stupid ******* game they have zero control over.

none of this is right. none of it. physically assaulting someone for a political opinion???

if some tool were to wear an Obama/Biden 2012 shirt into a biker bar, and got his *** kicked (even if he instigated the whole thing), people would be calling the cops, FBI, CIA, National Guard, Aquaman and NATO.

none of this is right. none of it. physically assaulting someone for a political opinion???

if some tool were to wear an Obama/Biden 2012 shirt into a biker bar, and got his *** kicked (even if he instigated the whole thing), people would be calling the cops, FBI, CIA, National Guard, Aquaman and NATO.

I cannot disagree with anything you posted. However, unless a person has been under a rock for the last three years, then you have to be aware of the political climate, and you have to be aware of the way the left acts, especially when they have safety in numbers. And knowing that, it is ill advised to go into a bar in Portland, Oregon, where the cops have a great track record of letting outnumbered conservatives take a beating for no reason other than being conservative and start ****.

Look, I don't know what happened beyond the article that you posted. If this guy walked in there and instigated, it was an incredibly stupid thing to do and knowing all the things I posted above, he cannot be surprised by the outcome. Should he have recourse? Absolutely. Will he have recourse? Doubt it.

I cannot disagree with anything you posted. However, unless a person has been under a rock for the last three years, then you have to be aware of the political climate, and you have to be aware of the way the left acts, especially when they have safety in numbers. And knowing that, it is ill advised to go into a bar in Portland, Oregon, where the cops have a great track record of letting outnumbered conservatives take a beating for no reason other than being conservative and start ****.

Look, I don't know what happened beyond the article that you posted. If this guy walked in there and instigated, it was an incredibly stupid thing to do and knowing all the things I posted above, he cannot be surprised by the outcome. Should he have recourse? Absolutely. Will he have recourse? Doubt it.

None of which calls for physical assault.

The guy may not be bright. But none of what you argue justifies his attack. It's a bit like 21 arguing that Andy Ngo brought on his own beat down in Portland.

Both men are victims, pricks or not.

I agree the guy was most likely acting like a prick and easily triggered all the true victims ( in their minds ) that surrounded him and his wife.

Words are one thing, physical assault something entirely different. Those causing bodily harm should have to pay, but I doubt they will.

It will be interesting to see the end result of all of this, assuming anything will ever be disclosed.

None of which calls for physical assault.

The guy may not be bright. But none of what you argue justifies his attack. It's a bit like 21 arguing that Andy Ngo brought on his own beat down in Portland.

Both men are victims, pricks or not.

I'm not justifying ****, and I am nothing like 21. But my points are valid. The guy walked into a room full of drunk liberals and talked ****. What did he think would happen? No, he shouldn't have been beaten. No call for it. Considering everything going on these days, I'm saying you just cannot be surprised.

I'm not justifying ****, and I am nothing like 21. But my points are valid. The guy walked into a room full of drunk liberals and talked ****. What did he think would happen? No, he shouldn't have been beaten. No call for it. Considering everything going on these days, I'm saying you just cannot be surprised.

I see and understand 100% of what you're saying.
I don't own anything MAGA or Trump-related, and I'd take a moment to consider wearing it outside the house if I did own that stuff.

My point is - this has been swept under the rug by the media. If the roles were reversed ... well all know what would happen. There'd be a full-on race war occurring at the moment.

I see and understand 100% of what you're saying.
I don't own anything MAGA or Trump-related, and I'd take a moment to consider wearing it outside the house if I did own that stuff.

My point is - this has been swept under the rug by the media. If the roles were reversed ... well all know what would happen. There'd be a full-on race war occurring at the moment.

Very few pro-Trump stickers or anything like that on cars where I live. For the few that do, I wonder how they are not vandalized.

you are correct about the double standard.

Very few pro-Trump stickers or anything like that on cars where I live. For the few that do, I wonder how they are not vandalized.

Wait, wait, wait. I remember those litany of stories about Obama supporters being attacked, hauled out of their cars, beaten, spit on, berated, and viciously assaulted, including in front of their kids.

Oh, sorry, that's Trump supporters. But I mean, Orange Man Bad!!!

They have achieved their fear objective. I may put a sticker or two on a window if i didn't think some assclown would come key my car or break a window. How sad is that?

They have achieved their fear objective. I may put a sticker or two on a window if i didn't think some assclown would come key my car or break a window. How sad is that?

I had a Steelers license plate on my old car and some little puke Colts fan keyed it.. Cost me $400 when I turned it in. I wish I could've caught the *******.