• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Preseason Steelers Vs Texans game thread

Mediocre's on: Focused on turnovers, obviously, his main pee your pants point. Benton poked in eye. Fields blows, making excuses for him. Typical Shades saying nothing, just blah, blah, blah. No run game rhythm? You're kidding?

**** him and his list
iu

yes they played in the hof game
Not to make excuses but Houston played a lot more starters early and the Steelers held out a lot…

Another thing I took from the game. Our new OC is Doctor Phil. Not sure if he will be good but gosh darn he's gonna have some common sense.

Another thing I took from the game. Our new OC is Doctor Phil. Not sure if he will be good but gosh darn he's gonna have some common sense.
Well at this point, that and $2 will get you a cup of coffee (if it's not at Starbucks). We thought we were gonna have a real offense last year and then the regular season started and then nothing; back to peeing our pants with no throws over the middle. It was 100% back to turtle ball. Will the team force Shades to end his meddling this year? Finally?

Last edited:
Lol preseason game overreactions are awesome... i remember Browns gans talking playoffs when they went 4-0 then went 0-16 in the regular season🤣
You don't even have to go back that far. Just use us as an example.

Pickett and company balled out in the preseason last year going undefeated.
On opening day reality set in.

Not to make excuses but Houston played a lot more starters early and the Steelers held out a lot…
You're not making an excuse; you're citing the reason.

I heard a couple of sports talk show hosts playing a little trivia game called "Excuse or Reason".

For example, a star QB getting injured early in the game and unable to play could be the reason they lost.
A QB having an off day is an excuse.

Whats the over under for fire smith chants? I say no later than week 6

Well at this point, that and $2 will get you a cup of coffee (if it's not at Starbucks). We thought we were gonna have a real offense last year and then the regular season started and then nothing; back to peeing our pants with throws over the middle. It was 100% back to turtle ball. Will the team force Shades to end his meddling this year? Finally?
Yeah, as usual , you didn't watch the game. You have nothing to add here.

Yep!
That's all you have.
If not for the Steelers, I wouldn't watch a single game of the NFL.
I think I enjoy watching Caitlin Clark in the WNBA and the Olympic swimmers Katie Ledecky and Gretchen Walsh at this point more than another bumbling start by Shades and Crew on offense. There's very little excellence from Tomlin teams once you get past the TJ Watt splash plays. TJ is the Olympian here but not much else for prime time.

At this point, TJW is Barry Sanders and Tomlin is Wayne Fontes. But even Barry won a playoff game with Wayne.

At this point, I could probably name more WNBA players and US swimmers than the rosters of most NFL teams. I used to know every player on the Steelers defense and probably their backups too until DL was gone. The NFL is surviving because of FF and gambling. It's a far cry from must see TV and compelling drama. I suspect that most people it draws in are only at a surface level for those reasons and the "fanatical" attachments are withering on the vine.

Especially with the same crap Shades rolls out every year. Just check the scores and watch the highlights lol.

Last edited:
He will be ok
It all depends on how much Shades is allowed to interfere with the play calling. If he's kept out, Art will do OK. If Mr. "Pee His Pants" is allowed to interfere, we could be in trouble once again. The last 3 games last year, Pee His Pants was kept out, then playoffs began and back he was Peeing His Pants again.

It all depends on how much Shades is allowed to interfere with the play calling. If he's kept out, Art will do OK. If Mr. "Pee His Pants" is allowed to interfere, we could be in trouble once again. The last 3 games last year, Pee His Pants was kept out, then playoffs began and back he was Peeing His Pants again.
K cooch.

One day we will all learn when to use " " correctly. Today is "not"that day.
“Putta boom, putta boom boom, gotcha gettit right as schitchkit boom bow. Kerpow”