• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Preseason Steelers Vs Texans game thread

Lol preseason game overreactions are awesome... i remember Browns gans talking playoffs when they went 4-0 then went 0-16 in the regular season🤣
Or when everyone was saying our O had finally come to fruition and Kenny was the real deal after last year's preseason. Them what happened?

Don’t get too caught up in these preseason games. Remember last year we were 3-0 looking unbeatable then the season started and those 49ers came a knocking.
This crap means very little! Now if we look this crappy in Atlanta then there’s cause for concern.

The great thing about living in the pacific time zone………it’s a frigging gorgeous day here on the west coast. Time to take the pug out on the kayak….the beach is 2 blocks away. Cheers guys and gals.

Well… we did not win the weighty downs

Houston far more prepared and Steelers suffering from no discipline, same ole under Mediocre Mike. But hey, some snappy quips are sure to be coming!
isnt this the Texans 2nd game this year? they should be more prepared

Next week we see Wilson. Should be more interesting.

WDVE is saying Kyle Allen was the star of the night for Pgh. Well, that's saying something, what, I'm not sure, but it's saying something. Oh, and Leal is the other star. That's where we stand.

WDVE is saying Kyle Allen was the star of the night for Pgh. Well, that's saying something, what, I'm not sure, but it's saying something. Oh, and Leal is the other star. That's where we stand.
its a preseason game

get the **** over yourself

Vanilla offense vs vanilla defense. Again, score to me is secondary to what I saw. Would be nice to come out with a win, but I’d rather see them figure out the bumps and lumps with a new offense, new scheme, new play callers. It’ll be different next week vs the Bills and maybe we see Russ in there. I will rewatch the game and post more later

You don't want a bandwagon grandson. Gotta live through some hardships to make winning that much better! :)
Yeah it sucked waiting from 1981 to 2005 ,for that One For The Thumb.

I don't really pay attention to these preseason games anymore. They mean jack squat.

The best thing I saw all game was the pass from Allen to damn if I know, downfield in stride.

I hope we can get some more of those with the starters in.

Yeah it sucked waiting from 1981 to 2005 ,for that One For The Thumb.

I don't really pay attention to these preseason games anymore. They mean jack squat.

The best thing I saw all game was the pass from Allen to damn if I know, downfield in stride.

I hope we can get some more of those with the starters in.
Keep hope alive!

Say what you want about Tomlin's teams, or preseason, or whatever, but the Texans are WAAAYYYY better tonight than we are. It's men against boys.
There are five guys on this defense who make up about 1/3 of the cap. None of them played. Also some excitement about Fields but in all honesty he probably isnt week one starter. WTF could you possibly learn from this. Bout all I got was what I said. Quez Watkins got cut. Herbig will be starter maybe for two weeks if at all and Tomlin has no feel for challenges. Bout it.

Vanilla offense vs vanilla defense. Again, score to me is secondary to what I saw. Would be nice to come out with a win, but I’d rather see them figure out the bumps and lumps with a new offense, new scheme, new play callers. It’ll be different next week vs the Bills and maybe we see Russ in there. I will rewatch the game and post more later

I love vanilla gameplans in the preseason

Put nothing on tape and make judgements on players natural abilities and instincts rather than scheme success

first preseason is always sloppy, and Houston was playing their 2nd game so they should have looked further along.

The OL was bad early but they were mixing and matching. It got much better once the rookies got on the field, particularly Frazier and McCormick inside.

The rookie OL and Payton Wilson looked good. That's what was most important so I'm happy for a game 1 of preseason.

Calvin Austin and Scotty Miller made some plays. Van Jefferson looked good.

Kyle Allen played al;most the whole game. That's good. Get him reps now and let Wilson and Fields play a bunch in the next 2 games.