• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Pro-Dem thread / All your Trump vitriol here

What does it matter?

Yeah, beside that I'm having a hard time imagining what the big attraction is.

tenor.gif

Our Liberal-run, higher educational institutions shining yet again.

NYU professor founded anarchist group that attacked subways last month

1175990429.jpg

Amin Husain from Decolonize This Place addressing the crowd at the rally outside the American Museum of Natural History.

A New York University professor is one of the masterminds behind the anarchist group that organized the rampage through the subways last month, destroying turnstiles, stranding thousands of commuters and spray-painting “F–k Cops” on station walls.

Amin Husain, 44, is a co-founder of Decolonize This Place, which urged its radical followers in a social media campaign to “f-ck sh-t up” on Jan. 31 in a violent assault on the city’s transit system that concluded with 13 arrests and $100,000 in damage.

Mayor Bill de Blasio said he was “repulsed” by the hooliganism, and Police Commissioner Dermot Shea called the so-called J31 protests “criminal.”

“You can’t have a situation in New York City where people are putting up on social media intending what they’re going to do. ‘Knives, aim for their neck, blind police officers,’” Shea said.

Husain recently scrubbed most of his social media posts so exactly what role he might have played in the underground explosion is not known. Protesters called for a free transit system with “no cops” patrolling the subways. Some vandalized stations by pouring glue or honey into turnstiles to jam them up, or chaining doors open.

Husain did not return messages seeking comment. After Post inquires last week, his contact information was deleted from NYU’s web site.

10545332n.jpg

Activists in Grand Central Terminal as hundreds protest police actions and subway fares.

Asked if Husain is being probed in the wild spree or was one of those arrested, the NYPD refused comment. “We don’t ever comment on specifics,” said NYPD Lt. John Grimpel. A spokeswoman for the Manhattan District Attorney’s Office said they had no arrest records for Husain.

At NYU, Husain may be imparting his radical ethos to students, teaching a class on militant activism, according to the school’s web site.

Born in Palestine, Husain has spoken publicly about attacking Israeli soldiers as a teenager during the first Palestinian Intifada, a four-year-long uprising against the Israeli occupation of the West Bank and Gaza which began in 1987.

“I was throwing rocks, Molotov cocktails, the like,” he said at a pro-Palestinian rally in Times Square in July 2016 captured on a YouTube video.

Founded in 2016 by Husain and fellow activist Nitasha Dhillon — an India-born artist — Decolonize This Place describes itself online as a grass-roots social justice organization that seeks to raise awareness of the struggles of Native and African Americans, Palestinians, and other marginalized groups.

But the web site also features various revolutionary manuals, including a diagram entitled “How to Shut Down the City.” The drawing shows a step-by-step guide on how to overpower an opponent, including kicking in the face and groin. Thought bubbles feature words such as “nails,” “glass bottles” and “masks.”

wall-street-protest.jpg

Amin Husain speaks at Occupy Wall Street in New York’s Zuccotti Park on Sept. 26, 2011.

Husain teaches a workshop called “Art, Activism, and Beyond” in the “experimental humanities” department of NYU’s Gallatin School for Individualized Study, a small interdisciplinary college whose alumni include actors Rooney Mara and Dakota Fanning. The workshop “interrogates the relationship between art and activism,” and uses anarchist movements such as Occupy Wall Street and Direct Action Front for Palestine, an anti-Israeli group, as case studies, NYU’s web site says.

A former lawyer who received a master’s of law degree from Columbia University, Husain worked in the New York office of multinational law firm King & Spalding for five years beginning in 2004, before pursuing photography and becoming a part-time instructor at NYU in 2014, according to his LinkedIn profile and public records. He also holds teaching positions at the New School and Pratt Institute, according to LinkedIn.

“Our records reflect that he is one of the thousands of part-time faculty that are hired each year by schools and academic departments,” said NYU spokesman John Beckman.

Between 2018 and 2019, Husain was among the leaders of a months-long protest at the Whitney Museum of American Art which forced the resignation of its vice chair Warren Kanders over his control of a company that manufactures tear gas that was used against migrants on the US/Mexico border.

In 2016, Husain was part of a demonstration at the Museum of Natural History that demanded the removal of the now-controversial statue of a horse-borne Theodore Roosevelt flanked by two standing Native Americans at the entrance.

Husain also took a lead in protests at the Guggenheim which targeted the museum’s use of migrant labor at its planned satellite location in Abu Dhabi.

You can't make this **** up. This is right up there with people screaming at the sky. Just....watch.

Tree activists break into song at Seattle City Council meeting

‘There’s a hole in the sky where a tree once was and somebody’s making money…’

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">My kids and I sat and laughed at this harder than just about anything we ever watched together. Thank you, lunatic leftists for bringing a dad and his teens and pre-teen together for a howling laugh. <a href="https://t.co/yFjqTMh2Ic">pic.twitter.com/yFjqTMh2Ic</a></p>— Chris Stigall (@ChrisStigall) <a href="https://twitter.com/ChrisStigall/status/1228783283594571777?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">February 15, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/30C84DQKSh4" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I can't stop laughing. Liberals SMH.

You can't make this **** up. This is right up there with people screaming at the sky. Just....watch.

Tree activists break into song at Seattle City Council meeting

‘There’s a hole in the sky where a tree once was and somebody’s making money…’

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">My kids and I sat and laughed at this harder than just about anything we ever watched together. Thank you, lunatic leftists for bringing a dad and his teens and pre-teen together for a howling laugh. <a href="https://t.co/yFjqTMh2Ic">pic.twitter.com/yFjqTMh2Ic</a></p>— Chris Stigall (@ChrisStigall) <a href="https://twitter.com/ChrisStigall/status/1228783283594571777?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">February 15, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/30C84DQKSh4" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I can't stop laughing. Liberals SMH.

There's a hole in her head where her brain once was and everyone thinks it's funny.

I am already sick of Bloomberg's intrusive ads, on Youtube especially. I have a feeling that these are going to backfire on him.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/bernie-sanders-topless-protesters-nevada-rally

Bernie Sanders interrupted by topless protesters at Nevada rally
By Bradford Betz | Fox News

A group of topless protesters stormed a Bernie Sanders rally in Nevada Sunday afternoon, throwing paint, fake blood and water on the podium before security whisked them away.

Sen. Sanders, I-Vt., speaking at a rally in Carson City, had just finished introducing his wife as “the next first lady” when a woman ran up to the podium, trying to grab Sanders’ mic.

A visibly irritated Sanders yanked the mic away. The woman then grabbed another mic on the podium.

“Bernie, I’m your biggest supporter, and I’m here to ask you to stop propping up the dairy industry and to stop propping up animal agriculture. I believe in you,” the woman said before her mic was cut.

Sanders exited the stage as a chaotic scene unfolded.

Sanders-protesters-2.jpg

Several other women – at least two of whom were topless – joined the first woman on stage. The group threw various liquids on the podium and around the stage before security intervened.

The crowd started chanting “Bernie! Bernie!”

Sanders reappeared before the podium, quipping: “This is Nevada, there’s always a little bit of excitement.”

Three women were arrested after the incident for indecent exposure, Carson Now reported.

This was not the first time topless protesters made an appearance at a Sanders rally. During his 2016 presidential campaign, two topless women were arrested outside a venue in Los Angeles for taking off pasties that read: “Feel The Bern!”

Fox News' Andrew Craft in Carson City contributed to this report.

I am already sick of Bloomberg's intrusive ads, on Youtube especially. I have a feeling that these are going to backfire on him.

I watched a couple of hours of programs on one of the alphabet networks last night, and every, and I mean every damn commercial break, he was running an ad.

A group of topless protesters stormed a Bernie Sanders rally in Nevada Sunday afternoon, throwing paint, fake blood and water on the podium before security whisked them away.

Sen. Sanders, I-Vt., speaking at a rally in Carson City, had just finished introducing his wife as “the next first lady” when a woman ran up to the podium, trying to grab Sanders’ mic.

A visibly irritated Sanders yanked the mic away. The woman then grabbed another mic on the podium.

“Bernie, I’m your biggest supporter, and I’m here to ask you to stop propping up the dairy industry and to stop propping up animal agriculture. I believe in you,” the woman said before her mic was cut.

Sanders-protesters-2.jpg

Several other women – at least two of whom were topless – joined the first woman on stage. The group threw various liquids on the podium and around the stage before security intervened.

Sanders reappeared before the podium, quipping: “This is Nevada, there’s always a little bit of excitement.”

Three women were arrested after the incident for indecent exposure, Carson Now reported.

This was not the first time topless protesters made an appearance at a Sanders rally. During his 2016 presidential campaign, two topless women were arrested outside a venue in Los Angeles for taking off pasties that read: “Feel The Bern!”

So now cows are bad.......I need to start a list to keep up with all of this.

Sanders-protesters-2.jpg

So.............how do I get tickets to the Bernie show?

I watched a couple of hours of programs on one of the alphabet networks last night, and every, and I mean every damn commercial break, he was running an ad.

Did the same with Discovery and they were plastered all over there as well.

Now if a Republican had done this...

But wait! It's just a Democrat, this is FINE. It's FINE folks. Nothing wrong, illegal or unethical here.

Source: Democrat Senator Held Secret Meeting In Munich With Iranian Foreign Minister Zarif

Sen. Chris Murphy of Connecticut and other Democratic senators had a secret meeting with Iranian Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif during the Munich Security Conference last week, according to a source briefed by the French delegation to the conference. Murphy’s office did not respond to repeated requests for comment by press time.

Such a meeting would mean Murphy had done the type of secret coordination with foreign leaders to potentially undermine the U.S. government that he accused Trump officials of doing as they prepared for Trump’s administration. In February 2017, Murphy demanded investigations of National Security Advisor Mike Flynn because he had a phone call with his counterpart-to-be in Russia.

“Any effort to undermine our nation’s foreign policy – even during a transition period – may be illegal and must be taken seriously,” Murphy said in 2017 after anonymous leaks of Flynn’s phone call with Russian ambassador Sergey Kisylak were published. He also strongly criticized the open letter some Republican senators sent Iranian leaders during the Obama administration’s campaign for a nuclear agreement.

However, Murphy has previously defended rogue meetings if they’re done by Democrats such as former Secretary of State John Kerry.

“Unless it was authorized by the president or secretary of state, conducting independent foreign policy sends mixed signals to our adversaries,” said Christian Whiton, former State Department senior advisor in the Trump and George W. Bush administrations. “It seems very unpalatable. If we want to talk to Iranians, they know how to reach us and they don’t need to go through an intermediary.”

A State Department official who spoke on background said that the State Department was not aware of any side meetings with Iranian officials that Murphy was engaged in.

The Munich Security Conference, an annual forum on international security policy, welcomes hundreds of world leaders each February. This year’s conference featured robust debate on the United States’ maximum pressure policy against Iran, China’s handling of the coronavirus and technology concerns, and the European alliance with the United States. Other Democrat senators at the conference included Sens. Robert Menendez of New Jersey and Chris Van Hollen of Maryland. Former Sen. John Kerry of Massachusetts also attended.

Both Murphy and Zarif spoke publicly during a two-hour session on Middle East policy, with Murphy and Zarif both fiercely criticizing U.S. policy.

President Donald Trump has reoriented American policy in the Middle East away from President Barack Obama’s friendly posture toward Iran. He departed from Obama’s Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action, a nuclear arrangement with the Republic of Iran that was not ratified by the United States Senate.

Trump has exerted instead a “maximum pressure” campaign against the regime, with 12 demands on Iran before a new deal is reached. Those demands include a full account of its nuclear program, ending its proliferation of ballistic missiles, releasing all U.S. citizens held on spurious charges, ending support to terrorist groups, withdrawal of forces in Syria, and cessation of its threatening behavior against its neighbors.

The “maximum pressure” campaign of sanctions has devastated the Iranian economy, which is in recession and faces rising inflation. It has made it difficult for Iran to pay foreign fighters engaged in supported terror operations. Iranians have taken to the streets in protest.

Iran recently killed an American contractor in Iraq and the United States killed Iranian general Qassim Suleimani, a top Iranian leader who was responsible for the killing and maiming of thousands of U.S. soldiers. Iran’s retaliatory strike for that killing resulted in no U.S. deaths, but the country did shoot down a Ukrainian passenger plane then lied about it for days.

At the conference, Zarif said official retaliation for the killing of Suleimani had ended, although he suggested independent attacks from others in the country might follow.

Murphy is a frequent speaker at the National Iranian American Council, a lobbying group with alleged links to the Islamic Republic of Iran. Republican Sens. Mike Braun of Indiana, Tom Cotton of Arkansas, and Ted Cruz of Texas recently asked the Department of Justice for potential violations of the Foreign Agents Registration Act.

They wrote that the influential lobbying group “purports to improve understanding between American and Iranian people but in reality seems to spread propaganda and lobby on behalf of the Iranian government.” Evidence indicates that evidence Zarif himself was involved in founding the group.

Liberals are the tolerant party...wait...

Former SF Giants player says he was banned from team reunion over support for Trump

Former San Francisco Giants player Aubrey Huff on Tuesday claimed that team management had informed him he was not invited to a reunion and celebration of the 2010 Giants team that won the World Series over his support for Trump.

Huff in a tweeted statement said Giants CEO Larry Baer told him that the team's decision was based on his "Twitter posts" and his "political support of Donald Trump."

"My locker room humor on Twitter is meant to be satirical, and sarcastic. And it was that type of humor that loosened up the clubhouse in 2010 for our charge at the World Series," Huff said.

"They loved it then, and it hasn't changed. That's not the issue. It's politics," he added. In the tweet, Huff tagged President Trump and Major League Baseball.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">My response to <a href="https://twitter.com/SFGiants?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@SFGiants</a><br><br> <a href="https://twitter.com/MLB?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@mlb</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@realDonaldTrump</a> <a href="https://t.co/tDs8L8kGNi">pic.twitter.com/tDs8L8kGNi</a></p>— Aubrey Huff (@aubrey_huff) <a href="https://twitter.com/aubrey_huff/status/1229686896378499073?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">February 18, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Huff also said that society is trying to take away the First Amendment rights of freedom of speech and freedom of political affiliation.

The Giants deny their decision to not invite Huff to the planned festivities was based on his political leanings.

"Earlier this month, we reached out to Aubrey Huff to let him know that he will not be included in the upcoming 2010 World Series Championship reunion," the Giants said in an emailed statement.

"Aubrey has made multiple comments on social media that are unacceptable and run counter to the values of our organization. While we appreciate the many contributions that Aubrey made to the 2010 championship season, we stand by our decision," the team said.

We've seen these recent attacks of Trump supporters/Republicans all over the news this week right?

Of course not!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/TR766iUe69k" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

The Giants deny their decision to not invite Huff to the planned festivities was based on his political leanings.

"Earlier this month, we reached out to Aubrey Huff to let him know that he will not be included in the upcoming 2010 World Series Championship reunion," the Giants said in an emailed statement. "Aubrey has made multiple comments on social media that are unacceptable and run counter to the values of our organization. While we appreciate the many contributions that Aubrey made to the 2010 championship season, we stand by our decision," the team said.

So ... team did not tell Huff to take a hike due to his political beliefs, but told him to take a hike due to "comments on social media that are unacceptable and run counter to [the] organization." Okay, what comments? Political comments. But the petty move is not based on politics.

Liberals ... lying is not second-nature to them, it's first nature, to the point these clowns don't even know when they're lying anymore.

More liberal tolerance. Will be waiting with baited breath for the MSM to pick up on this one as well:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">WATCH: A fight broke out at a Bernie Sanders rally after a white guy got triggered over a black man wearing a pro-gun shirt. <a href="https://t.co/jK4b9k68IG">pic.twitter.com/jK4b9k68IG</a></p>— MRCTV.org (@mrctv) <a href="https://twitter.com/mrctv/status/1229952743973904384?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">February 19, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

More liberal tolerance. Will be waiting with baited breath for the MSM to pick up on this one as well:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">WATCH: A fight broke out at a Bernie Sanders rally after a white guy got triggered over a black man wearing a pro-gun shirt. <a href="https://t.co/jK4b9k68IG">pic.twitter.com/jK4b9k68IG</a></p>— MRCTV.org (@mrctv) <a href="https://twitter.com/mrctv/status/1229952743973904384?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">February 19, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Yeah, I saw that one the other day. More evidence of Libs eating their own. Imagine...a Bernie Socialist attacking a Black man...because he had a gun shirt on.

The Dems have literally screwed themselves.

After that debate this thread should be closed for a while... there probably aren’t going to be any pro dem anythings for a bit......

After that debate this thread should be closed for a while... there probably aren’t going to be any pro dem anythings for a bit......

This thread is not about pro-dem. We've turned it into a dumping ground for all things negative about Dim-wits. Posting all of their Trump vitriol, stupidity, etc.

What the what??

Kent State to Pay Hanoi Jane $83k for May 4 Commemoration Speech

It's hard to believe, but May 4, 2020, is the 50th anniversary of the tragic shooting at Kent State University, where Ohio National Guard troops fired on a crowd of students during a massive anti-Vietnam War protest, killing four students and injuring nine.

Witnesses, military and law-enforcement experts, historians, and activists are divided on whether the shooting was justified (that's a discussion for another day), but it appears that Kent State is going all-in on pouring salt in the wounds of America's Vietnam veterans.

In a move that surprised many in the Northeast Ohio area and beyond, Kent State President Todd Diacon announced that actress, activist, and (former?) communist sympathizer Jane Fonda will be one of the speakers at an anniversary commemoration of the shooting on May 3—and she'll be paid a whopping $83,000 to ostensibly reminisce about her anti-war activism.

Ohio Secretary of State Frank LaRose, a Republican and veteran, is not having it.

"The 50th anniversary of one of Ohio’s darkest days has the potential to serve as a moment of unity, understanding & healing in a nation that is deeply divided," LaRose wrote in a Facebook post on Sunday. "However, Kent State’s decision to pay Jane Fonda $83,000 to speak at their commemoration event does the very opposite."

LaRose, who served in the 101st Airborn Division and later as a Green Beret, earning a Bronze Star for his service in Iraq, observed that American service members returning from Vietnam "deserved a much better reception than the one they received. They weren’t the politicians who chose which battle to fight -- they were the soldiers, sailors, airmen and marines sent into the battle. And we should say one thing to them: Welcome Home."

But that wasn't all. While LaRose says he understands that people can disagree on policy issues, especially matters of war, "What’s not ok is providing aid and comfort to the enemy and willfully serving as a propaganda tool for those engaged in hostilities against the United States."

"And Ms. Fonda did that – the very definition of treason," he added.

LaRose noted on Twitter that he supports free speech, but the university should not be paying her tens of thousands of dollars for the privilege.

AP_7207010245-scaled.sized-770x415x0x589x1734x934.jpg

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/chelsea-handler-incorrectly-trump-pardon-white-people

Chelsea Handler mocked after incorrectly suggesting President Trump only pardoned white people

President Trump courted controversy on Tuesday when he announced several clemency decisions, which comedian Chelsea Handler is now calling racist.

Handler took to Twitter to bash the president and point out that all the high-profile inmates benefited – including former Illinois Gov. Rod Blagojevich and financier Michael Milken – were white.

“While our president exonerates criminals and releases them from jail, notice what color they all are,” she wrote.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">While our president exonerates criminals and releases them from jail, notice what color they all are.</p>— Chelsea Handler (@chelseahandler) <a href="https://twitter.com/chelseahandler/status/1229916885275201537?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">February 18, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

However, several Twitter users were quick to point out that not all 11 people granted clemency are white, including Angela Stanton-King, who served time in 2007 for her role in a stealing ring.

“I’m BLACK,” Stanton-King commented on Handler’s post.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">I’m BLACK ☝&#55356;&#57341; <a href="https://t.co/eIZblVKpWM">https://t.co/eIZblVKpWM</a></p>— Angela Stanton-King (@theangiestanton) <a href="https://twitter.com/theangiestanton/status/1229960784228298752?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">February 19, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Crystal Munoz, a black woman who spent the last 12 years in prison after being convicted on marijuana charges, was also released under Trump’s order after her case was suggested to the president by Alice Marie Johnson, who Trump pardoned in 2018 following Kim Kardashian West's efforts.

Twitter users also pointed out that Tynice Nichole Hall, a 36-year-old mother who served almost 14 years of an 18-year sentence for allowing her apartment to be used to distribute drugs, was also released by Trump at the behest of Johnson.

In response to a commenter who pointed these things out to Handler, she responded by arguing that the women's crimes weren't on par with the other men swept up in Trump's clemency choices.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">First of all, that was Jared kushner prison reform and it was inspired by his father. The black people who were released from prison were never criminals to begin with. They had low level drug possessions. Trump just released real criminals and they are all white</p>— Chelsea Handler (@chelseahandler) <a href="https://twitter.com/chelseahandler/status/1230169532972425216?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">February 19, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

First of all, that was Jared kushner [sic] prison reform and it was inspired by his father. The black people who were released from prison were never criminals to begin with. They had low level drug possessions. Trump just released real criminals and they are all white," she wrote.

Among the noteworthy clemency actions that Trump took earlier this week was commuting the sentence of former Illinois Gov. Rod Blagojevich, a Democrat who was convicted for attempting to sell Barack Obama’s vacant Senate seat when he was elected president in 2008.

Trump also pardoned financier Michael Milken, who pleaded guilty for violating U.S. securities laws; New York City Police Commissioner Bernard Kerik, who was sentenced on tax fraud charges in 2010; and former San Francisco 49ers owner Edward DeBartolo Jr., who was convicted of failing to report a bribe to the former governor of Louisiana in 1998.

More news on that sweetheart, Jew-loving, American Patriot Ilhan Omar.

Ilhan Omar DID marry her brother and said she would 'do what she had to do to get him "papers" to keep him in U.S.', reveals Somali community leader

• Ilhan Omar told friends years ago that the man who went on to become her second husband was in fact her brother, DailyMail.com can confirm
  • Abdihakim Osman is the first person to go on record to speak of how Omar said she wanted to get her brother papers so he could stay in the United States
  • It has long been rumored that Omar and Ahmed Elmi are siblings, but because of a lack of paperwork in war-torn Somalia, proof has never been uncovered
  • Osman said: 'She said she needed to get papers for her brother to go to school. We all thought she was just getting papers to allow him to stay in this country'
  • Omar was married to her second husband Elmi in 2009 by a Christian minister - although she is Muslim
  • She was first married to Ahmed Hirsi in 2002 in a Muslim ceremony, before they split in 2008 - but she later had another child with Hirsi while legally wed to Elmi
  • Osman said: 'When [Hirsi] and Ilhan got married, a lot of people were invited. It was a big Islamic wedding uniting two large clans in the community'
  • He added: 'When she married Elmi, no one even knew about it... No one knew there had been a wedding until the media turned up the certificate years later'

'Squad' congresswoman Ilhan Omar told friends years ago that the man who went on to become her second husband was in fact her brother, DailyMail.com can confirm.

And now for the first time one of those friends has come forward to reveal exactly how Omar and Ahmed Elmi scandalized the Somali community in Minneapolis.

Abdihakim Osman is the first person to go on record to speak of how Omar said she wanted to get her brother papers so he could stay in the United States, at a time when she was married to her first husband Ahmed Hirsi.

But hardly anyone realized that meant marrying him.

'No one knew there had been a wedding until the media turned up the marriage certificate years later,' Osman, 40, exclusively told DailyMail.com.

Osman's revelations are sure to renew calls for an investigation into the Minnesota freshman representative who has repeatedly refused to answer questions on her marriage to Elmi.

She originally said the idea that the spouses were also siblings were 'baseless, absurd rumors', accusing journalists of Islamophobia, but has since stayed quiet.

24934580-8013283-image-a-98_1582123979475.jpg

'Squad' congresswoman Ilhan Omar told friends years ago that the man who went on to become her second husband was in fact her brother, DailyMail.com can confirm. And now for the first time one of those friends has come forward to reveal exactly how Omar and Ahmed Elmi scandalized Minneapolis's large Somali community - while she was still married to her first husband Ahmed Hirsi (pictured together)

Her spokesman told DailyMail.com that Omar, 37, does not comment on her family or personal life.

'The Congresswoman is focused on the work her constituents sent her to Washington to accomplish,' he said.

Omar married her first husband Hirsi in 2002 in a Muslim ceremony that, like many in the immigrant community, was not registered with the state.

Their first child Isra was born the following year and a second followed.

But in the late 2000s Elmi appeared in Minneapolis, said Osman, who referred to Hirsi by his nickname 'Southside' throughout the interview.

'People began noticing that Ilhan and Southside (Hirsi) were often with a very effeminate young guy,' Osman said, who spoke in Somali through an interpreter.

'He was very feminine in the way he dressed — he would wear light lipstick and pink clothes and very, very, short shorts in the summer. People started whispering about him.

'[Hirsi] and Ilhan both told me it was Ilhan's brother and he had been living in London but he was mixing with what were seen as bad influences that the family did not like.

'So they sent him to Minneapolis as ''rehab''.'

Osman, who runs a popular Facebook blog called Xerta Shekh, which comments on Somali issues, said that Omar kept her marriage to Elmi quiet, with no one from the Somali community invited to the wedding.

He explained: 'When [Hirsi] and Ilhan got married, a lot of people were invited. It was a big Islamic wedding uniting two large clans in the Minneapolis community.

'I would say there were 100-150 people there.'

But, he said: 'When she married Elmi, no one even knew about it.'

Osman said at the time Hirsi was better known than Omar among Somalis. 'He was a footballer, he promoted a lot of Somali shows, he was very popular.

'So the scandal was about [Hirsi's] brother-in-law more than Ilhan's brother.'

It has long been rumored that Omar and Elmi are brother and sister.

But because of a lack of paperwork in war-torn Somalia where they were both born, positive proof of their relationship has never been uncovered.

The first report that Omar and her husband were siblings appeared on the website Somalispot in 2016. It said of Elmi, 34: 'As soon as Ilhan Omar married him he started university at her alma mater North Dakota State University where he graduated in 2012.

'Shortly thereafter, he moved to Minneapolis where he was living in a public housing complex and was later evicted. He then returned to the United Kingdom.'

The New York Post reported last month that the FBI was investigating the marriage and had met with a source in Minneapolis who handed over 'a trove of documents' related to the marriage.

Any findings were to be shared with Immigration and Customs Enforcement and the US Department of Education, the paper reported. Anyone found guilty of committing marriage fraud faces up to five years in jail and a fine of up to $250,000.

Elmi and Omar married on February 12, 2009 at a Hennepin County office in Eden Prairie, Minnesota, southwest of Minneapolis, their marriage license shows. Omar said she and Hirsi had separated in 2008, and because their faith-based union was never recognized by law, neither is their separation.

Elmi and Omar said they lived together at an address in Columbia Heights, a suburb on the north side of the city.

The marriage was conducted by Christian minister Wilecia Harris. When DailyMail.com approached her last year, she would not discuss the ceremony or why a Muslim couple would have asked her to marry them.

She and her husband Marcus run the Great and Mighty Works Ministries in Richfield, Minnesota, which is described on its Facebook page as a 'nondenominational, Bible believing, Bible teaching, and Bible living ministry that believes in being a living example of Jesus the anointed one!'

In a Facebook message, Marcus Harris told DailyMail.com: 'My wife doesn't want to be involved or interviewed about Congresswoman Omar.'

'It's not going to happen, not now and not never.'

After their marriage Omar and Elmi moved to Fargo, where they both attended North Dakota State. But Omar and Hirsi were still together as husband and wife, Osman said.

'She said she needed to get papers for her brother to go to school. We all thought she was just getting papers together to allow him to stay in this country.

'Once she had the papers they could apply for student loans.

'They both moved to North Dakota to go to school but she was still married to [Hirsi]. In the Somali way, the only marriage that mattered was the one in the mosque.

'Ilhan came back to Minneapolis all the time to see her family, but her brother didn't come with her.'

Osman believes Elmi and Omar sought out someone outside the Somali community to conduct the ceremony because an imam would have known they were related and would have refused to marry them.

Osman, who is confined to a wheelchair after contracting polio before he moved to the United States in 2004, said he got to know Hirsi well in his first few years in Minneapolis. They are the same age, both having been born in January 1980.

They originally met when Hirsi was working in a barber shop and when they both regularly ate at the now-defunct Indian Ocean restaurant. When Hirsi opened his own business, Urban Hookah, which is also now closed, Osman occasionally helped out at the till.

Omar and Elmi eventually divorced in 2017 and she remarried Hirsi — with whom she had a third child — in a civil ceremony the following year, just in time for her election to Congress.

Osman scoffs at the idea that this was a real remarriage. 'They never parted,' he said.

But last year she moved out of the family home and into a luxury penthouse apartment in the trendy Mill District of Minneapolis.

DailyMail.com then revealed that Omar was having an affair with her chief fundraiser Tim Mynett, a married father-of-one, whose company received more than half a million dollars from her campaign last year.

Hirsi and Omar divorced in November. He married pediatric nurse Ladan Ahmed 37 days later.

Mynett and his wife Beth Jordan divorced in December. During the hearing in a Washington, D.C., courtroom, Jordan attempted to read out a statement about her husband's affair with the congresswoman but was cut short by the judge.

Omar is running for a second term in Congress — where she has aligned herself with fellow leftist first-term congresswomen Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez of New York, Rashida Tlaib of Michigan and Ayanna Pressley of Massachusetts in the so-called 'Squad.'

She faces three opponents in the Democratic primary to be held in August.

Timeline of Omar's two marriages:
1997: Omar and her family settle in Minnesota after fleeing war-torn Somalia

2002: She marries Ahmed Abdisalan Hirsi in a religious ceremony but it is not recognized legally. The pair go on to have two children.

2009: Omar marries Ahmed Elmi in Eden Prairie, Minnesota

2010: He enrolls at North Dakota State University to study fine art and lives with Omar

2011: Omar claims she and Elmi split this year and he went back to the UK

2012: Omar and Hirsi have their third child. Elmi is still in the US according to college officials and social media

2013: Elmi starts working in London

2017: Omar divorces Elmi

2018: Omar marries Hirsi in a civil ceremony

2018: The marriage is brought up during Omar's campaign for congress

She denies it and it is largely ignored because of the lack of proof around it

July 2019: President Trump thrusts the rumor back into the spotlight

July 2019: DailyMail.com reveals Omar and Hirsi have separated and she's moved into a penthouse apartment

DailyMail.com also reveals Omar's secret relationship with her married aide Tim Mynett

August 2019: Tim Mynett's wife files for divorce, claiming her husband had professed his love for Omar

Early October 2019: Omar formally files for divorce from Hirsi

November 2019: Omar is granted the divorce from Hirsi

December 12, 2019: Hirsi marries pediatric nurse Ladan Ahmed

December 19, 2019: Mynett is granted a divorce from his wife Beth