• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Religion is MYTH!!!!

I have zero desire to live for eternity. How amazingly boring. How long until you have seen and done everything? I mean, I guess I would be ok with it if I could be like Batman or something for a while but just wandering around in a field or talking to relatives for centuries upon centuries seems incredibly dull.

What if you could just have sex with Kate upton all day? Would that be such an awful eternity?

What if you could just have sex with Kate upton all day? Would that be such an awful eternity?

What's the purpose of sex in heaven? I would guess that's an earthly thing put in place to procreate...not needed beyond the heavenly gates. Surely God has never had it so why would you when you're dead. Even still, if it's not your wife I'm sure God would never allow that to happen to anyone other than married people. C'mon man, you gotta follow the rules even in the afterlife.

Last edited:
30k for Lenin? I never looked, but I would have expected a lot more.

It would likely be much more, but he died in the early twenties, not long after their revolution

What's the purpose of sex in heaven? I would guess that's an earthly thing put in place to procreate...not needed beyond the heavenly gates. Surely God has never had it so why would you when you're dead. Even still, if it's not your wife I'm sure God would never allow that to happen to anyone other than married people. C'mon man, you gotta follow the rules even in the afterlife.

That's exactly right. Sex is designed as a part of the marriage act. It won't transmit beyond the Gates of Heaven.

Jesus said:
Matthew 22: 29-30
Jesus said to them in reply, "You are misled because you do not know the scriptures or the power of God. At the resurrection they neither marry nor are given in marriage but are like the angels in heaven..."

Reactions: wig
Oh please, save the drama. Just making a point. NOBODY would be guaranteed heaven.

NOBODY would be guaranteed heaven.

For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. John 3:16

if there's no sex in heaven, then literally, WTF?

if there's no sex in heaven, then literally, WTF?

No internet either....or Steeler football. You just wander around looking at pretty landscapes and talk about how great everything is.....for BILLIONS and TRILLIONS of years. Good fun.

You missed the part where he called atheists dumb, and I was just repeating his argument back to him while substituting "Christian" in place of "atheist?"

No, I didn't miss that. You both think the other group is dumb, only you claim that debating people you consider to b dumb, mental exercise. Sarge said he wanted no parts of it.

For my part, I know some very intelligent people on both sides of the issue. And personally, I don't seek to change anyone's mind, but I will dispel misinformation if I read it. I can't convince you to believe in God any more than you can convince me not to.

It really just boils down to two POVs..."I only believe things that can be proven" or "I believe there is much that can't be proven and I am willing to accept some things on faith."

No, I didn't miss that. You both think the other group is dumb, only you claim that debating people you consider to b dumb, mental exercise. Sarge said he wanted no parts of it.

For my part, I know some very intelligent people on both sides of the issue. And personally, I don't seek to change anyone's mind, but I will dispel misinformation if I read it. I can't convince you to believe in God any more than you can convince me not to.

It really just boils down to two POVs..."I only believe things that can be proven" or "I believe there is much that can't be proven and I am willing to accept some things on faith."

I didn't call anyone dumb. I said: "For the most part, I laugh at Christians for the way they go about believing. It is kinda dumb." The way they go about believing is what is dumb. Just like I didn't think the person I was responding to was saying atheists are dumb. I think everyone here knows that if I wanted to say someone was dumb, I would just say they were dumb.

I think they both boil down to "I believe there is much that can't be proven and I'm willing to accept some things on faith."

Nobody can prove how the universe got here or where life came from. So, what everyone believes is based on some faith. They are all belief systems because there are some things that just aren't known.

For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. John 3:16

And if I had more midichlorans, I'd be a ******* Jedi. Star Wars Episode I

I don't think atheists are dumb. I said I think the way they go about trying to disprove religion is dumb. I think erecting a billboard denouncing religion at Easter time is dumb. And my question was, what is the point? If you aren't aiming to be insulting, then there is no good reason for it. Like a devout, lifelong Christian is gonna see that and say, "You know, they're probably right." That is the part that makes me laugh. In reality, I don't much care what atheists believe or don't believe because it has little if any bearing on my life. I just don't understand the point of being insulting about it. If you don't believe, hey, good for you. Does being ignorant make you not believe better? It doesn't make sense to me.

Last edited:
Those who frequented the God & Government forum from the old board, pre-implosion, can attest to the fact that I avoided the "God exists, no he doesn't" arguments. I agree with those who correctly note that the modern adaptation of Christianity is generally a force for good - schools, charity, volunteer work, etc.

But can we please admit that more murders have been committed in the name of religion than for any other reason?

And further, that if we believe that the Bible is an accurate historical account, then must we not also believe that God is apparently a mass murderer? Jeez, he floods the entire planet and commits genocide but for a select few humans? Seriously, killing the entire human population except for, what, 12 people? That makes the biggest murderers in history seem like pikers in comparison.

And he obliterates cities, and turns into salt a woman whose transgression was apparently looking at the carnage?

So please consider the entire record when taking the position that religion = good, agnostic/atheist = bad.

Your "argument" is quite one-sided, no???

There, dig in.

So is happiness, freedom, and true love. but it doesn't stop people from believing in them.. By the way I am on the side of there really is a God