• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Report: Melvin Ingram III Traded to Kansas City Chiefs For 6th Round Pick

That’s about what I expected in return for Ingram. No one was going to give up more for a guy who has one sack over the last two seasons—injuries included. I probably would’ve kept him, but you don’t know the dynamics behind the scenes. I mean, he signed on knowing he’d be a depth player.

Lol fat predator...

Yeah, I agree. Why would you trade him to a team that we're going to be playing/battling for playoff spot.
After watching KC last night, I’m not sure they could make the playoffs. They are clearly the 3rd team in that division.

So you remove a guy who was going to half *** it for your team. Not a team guy. It's a win. They should do better interviews when bringing in free agents. A waste of time and money on him. For an oversized crybaby.

I hear this but I don’t understand it. Ingram has no locker room presence. He’s not AB who was there for years and had lots of friends and locker room clout. Ingram was brought in the be a 1 year depth player. Let him pout. Who cares? Is he going to tank his own free agent value for next year?

I would have sat him down and said we’re not trading you. you either produce and get a good contract next year, or you half *** it and get a low contract again next year.

If Ingram really does have a nagging injury that means he’ll be struggling all year, then this trade is good but if Ingram is healthy or if he was just milking an injury to force a trade then this is a bad deal for the Steelers.
Ya Tape but he’s a veteran player of what, nine, ten seasons and a former pro bowler so he has some legit credentials but no, nothing on the level of an AB. Colbert and Tomlin may have taken the position that if the guy doesn’t want to be here then let’s get what we can. They may have been concerned about his influence on the younger guys even Highsmith whom he supposedly made the comment that he’s better than the young LBer. Anyway, I’m hoping for Taco to step up now.

I'm fine with it, a 6th does suck, but him bitching and moaning for another few months would have gotten old fast. Now if we can just get someone dumb enough to send us a 6 pack for our drop happy TE, we'll be all set.

Joe

We aint going to he Super Bowl with him ....or without him..

We want volunteers not hostages..

Didnt love the signing to begin with and would of kept Jamir Jones over him at cut time..

Seriously

Blount got himself cut
Harrison too
AB forced a trade
Burnett did too..
Now ingram ….. seriously I am probably missing someone too

Ya Tape but he’s a veteran player of what, nine, ten seasons and a former pro bowler so he has some legit credentials but no, nothing on the level of an AB. Colbert and Tomlin may have taken the position that if the guy doesn’t want to be here then let’s get what we can. They may have been concerned about his influence on the younger guys even Highsmith whom he supposedly made the comment that he’s better than the young LBer. Anyway, I’m hoping for Taco to step up now.

what does it say about the leadership of the team if 1 guy who is not even starting and has been on the team for a couple months could negatively influence the locker room?

The message is being sent that if you are unhappy on the Steelers, just act like an ******* and you get your way.

Now take that 6th round pick and send it to Texans for Phillip Lindsey so we have a decent RB to spell Najee with.

a few months ago, he was on his couch and the Steelers signed him. Seems rather ungrateful wanting to be traded after getting a chance here and all they got was a 6th for him. Says a lot. He was close to just being released like Nelson.

Taco can do everything Ingram did for us, and has more upside.

All I'm saying is I didn't notice the guy doing much when either one of the other main guys got hurt, so from what I saw, we can do without him.

Joe

Pretty much exactly what severalof us thought they would get. I think the Rams way over paid. Steelers got fleeced a bit

I hear this but I don’t understand it. Ingram has no locker room presence. He’s not AB who was there for years and had lots of friends and locker room clout. Ingram was brought in the be a 1 year depth player. Let him pout. Who cares? Is he going to tank his own free agent value for next year?

I would have sat him down and said we’re not trading you. you either produce and get a good contract next year, or you half *** it and get a low contract again next year.

If Ingram really does have a nagging injury that means he’ll be struggling all year, then this trade is good but if Ingram is healthy or if he was just milking an injury to force a trade then this is a bad deal for the Steelers.
Meh.....I would have thrown his injured *** on the IR.

If the guy is not happy with the Steelers it's a good trade.

Crying, whining & bringing attention to himself. NOT THE STEELER WAY....He had to go...

***** *** is crying about playing time & yes I cried too when I didn't get to play........I was 11

James Harrison is why they made the trade. And the fact that more than likely K.C. was the only team that wanted him. Get rid of a malcontent who is openly telling reporters he's better than your starter, and who is not the future at the position. Better to get something than have him pull a Deebo and end up getting nothing.
This ^^^^^^ 100%

This is awful, unless there’s some sort of clause that makes it a 4th rounder if Ingram gets like 8 sacks or something.

Ingram Would leave next year so I understand wanting to trade him, but you have to get something for him. A 6th rounder is nothing. And to make it worse, you traded him to a top AFC competitor who is struggling. The Chiefs could use another receiver. Maybe send them Washington for a 7th and a rack of baby backs.
this.

Now take that 6th round pick and send it to Texans for Phillip Lindsey so we have a decent RB to spell Najee with.
AB was a 6th rounder I think, so was Kelvin Beacham, Diante Johnson may have been a 6th. We may get a gem from the pick or use it to jump up a round. It's not nothing.