• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Report: Melvin Ingram III Traded to Kansas City Chiefs For 6th Round Pick

Well does Tyson Alualu "light up" any stat sheets on any consistent basis?

How about Minkah or how about Heyward?

then again, look what the **** happens when either one of those guys gets hurt. A stat sheet is only good for Fantasy Football.
Depends on what you are looking at. If statistically you are giving up a lot of yards against the run then you know you have a leak. Stats can be useful you just have to keep in mind some come with underlying causes that might not be seen by the naked eye. Or a hidden stat that someone might overlook like hurries when it comes to defensive players. Some might just trigger an alarm to look close to identify a problem.

Well does Tyson Alualu "light up" any stat sheets on any consistent basis?

How about Minkah or how about Heyward?

then again, look what the **** happens when either one of those guys gets hurt. A stat sheet is only good for Fantasy Football.

Yep, and many a many think that is all the game is about.

Salute the nation

Yep, and many a many think that is all the game is about.

Salute the nation
Agreed. However, to make the leap that the reason the Chiefs are playing better is not because of Mahomes or Tyreek Hill, or Chris Jones or Matheiu, for example, but all due to Melvin Ingram...that is what I object too.

Again, I liked Ingram, and I think once again this coaching staff did lousy job of figuring out a role for him. Yet another reason they should look in another direction. But I don't think he makes that big a difference right now that is the mess of the Steeler defense. They have so many problems.

Agreed. However, to make the leap that the reason the Chiefs are playing better is not because of Mahomes or Tyreek Hill, or Chris Jones or Matheiu, for example, but all due to Melvin Ingram...that is what I object too.

Again, I liked Ingram, and I think once again this coaching staff did lousy job of figuring out a role for him. Yet another reason they should look in another direction. But I don't think he makes that big a difference right now that is the mess of the Steeler defense. They have so many problems.

Yep, my opinion too !

The chiefs awakening defense is by far more influenced by the sudden spark of the chiefs offense. They are playing ahead in score vs from behind in score and that is a huge positive for a defense.

Salute the nation

Depends on what you are looking at. If statistically you are giving up a lot of yards against the run then you know you have a leak. Stats can be useful you just have to keep in mind some come with underlying causes that might not be seen by the naked eye. Or a hidden stat that someone might overlook like hurries when it comes to defensive players. Some might just trigger an alarm to look close to identify a problem.
Well i'd have to agree with that.

i guess i'd say that you have to look at alot more than the stat sheet then.

Dan Orlofsky said it...not me...
Lol that same guy who ran out of his own endzone by three yards, had no clue, and tried to keep running the play…..I’ll never forget watching Jared Allen chasing after him, pointing, and hysterically laughing. As if things couldn’t be worse in Detroit…….anyways, not a dig at you, good sir, just making fun of this boobs opinion. Also, I’ve caught a little bit of KC football since his trade, and I’m not really seeing it. He’s made a couple plays here, and there, but to say that he’s the “one” to turn them around is ludicrous. To make sure I’m not a complete **** head (just a minor one), I wandered onto google, and checked what his numbers looked like. Honestly, it didn’t bother me in the least that they moved him. After seeing him miss on his half-assed-shoulder tackle attempt on Tyler Boyd at the ten yard line, in week two, and then watching Boyd skirt the rest of the defense, it didn’t seem like we were losing out.

Lol that same guy who ran out of his own endzone by three yards, had no clue, and tried to keep running the play…..I’ll never forget watching Jared Allen chasing after him, pointing, and hysterically laughing. As if things couldn’t be worse in Detroit…….anyways, not a dig at you, good sir, just making fun of this boobs opinion. Also, I’ve caught a little bit of KC football since his trade, and I’m not really seeing it. He’s made a couple plays here, and there, but to say that he’s the “one” to turn them around is ludicrous. To make sure I’m not a complete **** head (just a minor one), I wandered onto google, and checked what his numbers looked like. Honestly, it didn’t bother me in the least that they moved him. After seeing him miss on his half-assed-shoulder tackle attempt on Tyler Boyd at the ten yard line, in week two, and then watching Boyd skirt the rest of the defense, it didn’t seem like we were losing out.
Did ya watch him tonight? Fat Predator looked pretty good.

Did ya watch him tonight? Fat Predator looked pretty good.

Green Bay was a few weeks ago, no? Also, as I said, watching his lame dick effort on Tyler Boyd pretty much set the tone for that game, and he then proceeded to not a damn thing. Hell, Tuszka, and Charlton both made impactful plays yesterday, which is more than Ingram did for us, sans week 1.