• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Report: Steelers Set To Meet With Big Name Quarterback Russell Wilson

He's guaranteed $30 million
39 is what I read but they are off the hook in 2025 to pay 37 more to him. However, they still take 85M over 2 in dead cap space. That is down right a kick in the nutsack - not that I feel sorry for them, they did it to themselves. Almost as good as the Clowns and their stupid qb contract - no Happy Ending there for the Factory of Sorrow (which is how it should be)

Ain't no way Mr. Unlimited takes small money to play for the Steelers. No ******* way.

McAfee said Wilson is on some board with ties to Acrisure and he has interest in playing for the steelers. If he will play for less than 10 million i would be fine with it. Just don't want to handicap the team with a big salary

I just wanna see Kenny Pickett play 17 games with hopefully a competent OC. Then I will decide for myself. If there is no great growth this year then by all means fall to top 10 and take a QB next year. Bit for God sakes don't pull phoney bullshit to end up with 18-22 in 2025 draft. That is just beyond stupid.

Pass and I do mean hard pass on Russ! We’re not winning anything with this guy so for those who think we are, save yourself the heartbreak now.
What I worry about is Rooney knows his defense is getting older and time is running out so now he’s panicking thinking Wilson is the answer and he’s not.
Keep building the OL, add a WR, possibly a TE and let Arthur Smith do his job with Kenny and this offense.
I think Picket will do fine with a real OC and we don’t need a broken down QB.

So he's performed so well, that his current team is willing to eat over $30 million to get rid of him, yet he's going to be the Steelers' savior? At least the offseason is amusing. Flacco's a SB winning QB, shouldn't they be beating down the door for him too?

Last edited:
So he's performed so well, that his current team is willing to eat over $30 million to get rid of him, yet he's going to be the Steelers' savior? At least the offseason is amusing.
The next Steeler savior might very well be the next Steeler HC.

😁

Pass and I do mean hard pass on Russ! We’re not winning anything with this guy so for those who think we are, save yourself the heartbreak now.
What I worry about is Rooney knows his defense is getting older and time is running out so now he’s panicking thinking Wilson is the answer and he’s not.
Keep building the OL, add a WR, possibly a TE and let Arthur Smith do his job with Kenny and this offense.
I think Picket will do fine with a real OC and we don’t need a broken down QB.
Very prolonged golf clap. And if he can't do not pick up option and draft next year. But for God's sake don't get 9 or 10 bs wins with Russell Wilson.

Very prolonged golf clap. And if he can't do not pick up option and draft next year. But for God's sake don't get 9 or 10 bs wins with Russell Wilson.
If Kenny fails to take a big leap under Arthur in 24 then by all means do our due diligence and find his replacement but I want to know for sure in 24.

Why does this have to mean so much one way or the other? Rudolph is a FA. They have said they want to re-sign him. Maybe they are just meeting with Wilson to gauge where he is at, what he would take if Rudolph goes elsewhere.

Here is why I would not have a problem with Rudolph and lots with Wilson. You sign Rudolph who has played entire career with this organization and has 100 000 miles left on the tires. He beats out KP.....great. Have him under 3 year contract. Dump KP after 2025 and if Rudolph eventually fails draft. Pick up Wilson on a one year and no matter what we are exactly here same spot next year. With a little smoke and mirrors hope from September to December.

I just wanna see Kenny Pickett play 17 games with hopefully a competent OC. Then I will decide for myself. If there is no great growth this year then by all means fall to top 10 and take a QB next year. Bit for God sakes don't pull phoney bullshit to end up with 18-22 in 2025 draft. That is just beyond stupid.
The thought of cancer Russ makes mid Kenny far more palatable

So he's performed so well, that his current team is willing to eat over $30 million to get rid of him, yet he's going to be the Steelers' savior? At least the offseason is amusing. Flacco's a SB winning QB, shouldn't they be beating down the door for him too?
I’d definitely prefer Unibrow to Russ

Not even close

Ain't no way Mr. Unlimited takes small money to play for the Steelers. No ******* way.
I don't want him but as others have said anything the Steelers pay him comes off of what the Broncos pay him. No one is going to pay him enough to be more than what he gets from the Broncos so why does it matter to him where the money is coming from. He is better off letting it come from Denver and helping out the new team as it won't affect his pocket book either way. He doesn't get the Steelers money and the Broncos money.

Russ is an upgrade over Kenny, I know, not setting the bar too high. There are only a few "NFL starters" worse than Kenny: O'Connell, Zach Wilson, Ridder and Bryce Young. Only Young will probably remain a starter this year. Kenny, the only 26 year-old QB in his 3rd year who is too young and inexperienced to be any good. Hey, but Art believes!
Is Russ an upgrade?
Doubt that at this stage-maybe 5 years ago

And Young is better than KP, Wilson and Ridder now those may be close races vs KP

Young had a garbage OL way worse than ours, and absolutely garbage receivers getting zero separation
Young literally had nowhere to go with the ball and had a HC far worse than ours

Talk about bad situations…the Panthers situation they handed Young makes Kenny working under Tomlin/Canada with our Receivers, TEs and OL seem like a great situation

Wow...kicking Russ out ot the kitchen is costing the Broncos $85 million in dead cap. That's more than twice as much as the second-highest such figure in NFL history (Matt Ryan, 40.53 mill). Incredible.

After thinking about it, I would be willing to give Wilson a go, IF IT WERE FOR VET MIN. Not a penny more.

My guess is that he would love to stick it to the Bronco’s, and what better way than to take nothing from the new team, and All from Denver. He also would think to have a legitimate shot at starting, as KP has not looked good. So even if he doesn’t get the QB1 gig, he becomes the backup while earning $30 million. All while maybe getting a chance to rehab his career.

If he is willing to sign, it’s not like he is going to make more than what Denver is on the hook for. So why pay him more than vet min. Take the best chance to start option. Maybe even offer him a 3 year deal, with a 2nd and 3rd year roster bonus.
Year 1 - Vet min
Year 2 - negotiated roster bonus and increased salary. If he doesn’t take the QB1 position you can cut him at no cost, or keep him around for a 2nd year
Year 3 - negotiated roster bonus and increased salary. This is what he would get by becoming QB1, while allowing him to play out his short term rental or earning an extension.

I could get behind that, because it costs them nothing. Even though I don’t believe he has what it takes anymore.

Last edited:
Tomlins image as a players coach is more important than winning a championship.

Can someone confirm that the Donkeys are on the hook for the first $30M this season?

If so, he will sign for vet min this season, but will want a $$$$ contingency for years 2/3/4.

That should be workable, similar to MT above.

Regardless, it seems that Wilson needs a landing spot for 2024 in order to make $$$ in 2025.....so it seems like some team gets the benefit of Elway's dumbassery.

Is Russ an upgrade?
Doubt that at this stage-maybe 5 years ago

And Young is better than KP, Wilson and Ridder now those may be close races vs KP

Young had a garbage OL way worse than ours, and absolutely garbage receivers getting zero separation
Young literally had nowhere to go with the ball and had a HC far worse than ours

Talk about bad situations…the Panthers situation they handed Young makes Kenny working under Tomlin/Canada with our Receivers, TEs and OL seem like a great situation
Oh, come on now. You cannot objectively argue that Russell isn’t an upgrade over Pickett. His QBR was 17 points higher than Pickett’s and he had a 90+ QBR in 11/15 games, Pickett was 3/12.