• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Report: Steelers Set To Meet With Big Name Quarterback Russell Wilson

Yeah I don't really like that particular trade. If they are set on Pickett, they need to get his favorite target Addison from Minnesota. Offer them Diotae and a 5th rd. pick or whatever. The kid had a great year last year. I also would rather get him out of the AFC if we are going to trade him.
Yes. Like Minnesota is just going to magically trade Addison. 🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄

Reading the tea leaves, it looks as though the Steelers are going to be acquiring the cancer on the cheap and telling Mason to F*** off. Brilliant decision Art. I can't see this going any worse than hiring Matt Canada.

This team can’t even win a playoff game with Tomlin in over half a decade. Russel Wilson isn’t going to magically fix that.

But it sure would be fun to watch instead of watching pouty face Pickett attempt to look like an NFL QB.

At least we could see Ciarra once in a while at games.

No it wouldn't...lol. No more has beens please.

Except two of three of Pickett’s best games were WITH Canada.
Man you are still a freaking genius. He only played one full game without Canada and 1.5 quarters of the next in which he was completing 70%. Your point is pointless.

Wilson in 2023: 15 games played in. 3070 yards passing, 26 TDs, 8 INTs.
Pickett in 2023: 12 games played in. 2070 yards passing, 6 TDs, 4 INTS.

Surprised to see Wilson's 2023 season was not the absolute dogshit season of a broken down, has been that so many are claiming he is. I don't think that if Kenny had played in 3 more games, he would have produced the 1,000 yards, 20 TDs or 4 INTs he would have needed to at least equal Wilson's production. Lots of folks talking about what's "fair" to Kenny. Why? What exactly is owed to KP8? An unquestioned status as the starter? With no real competition for the job? When did he earn that?
I'm not saying Wilson is the answer, but, if he isn't and Kenny can't beat him out, what does that say about Kenny?

Also, I'm not upset about Khan kicking the tires on any available QB that he thinks might be an upgrade. That's his job. I just want competent QB play. Wherever it comes from. If that's Kenny, and he starts because he was spoon fed the job, fine. If that's Kenny, and he starts because he beat out legitimate competition, fine. If another QB is brought in/brought back and they beat Kenny out, fine. Just give me competent play from the most important position on the team.
Well he was under Payton so the good numbers must be divided by 4 and the bad numbers multiplied by 4 to convert to Canada

So Russ would be about 767.5 yards 6.5 TDs and 32 INT in the Canada offense factoring the genius to moron conversion chart (did the math in my head, hopefully its close)

we can get the same product cheaper with mason rudolph
Actually, I am sure you won’t get Rudolph for vet min.

I got a kick out of the Pat Mcfee show, where he said that there could be a bidding war and the Steelers would be smart to even pay him $5 million, if he wants to get paid more. That was the stupidest thing, of all the stupid things he said. Paying $5 mil for his services does NOTHING MORE than give DENVER financial relief, Wilson wouldn’t get a dime more than Denver owes him. Only way Wilson sees any more than what is owed, is if someone pony’s up more than $39 MILLION for his services in 2024. Sure he could see a contract with multiple years, THEN he gets more in 2025 and beyond.

What is truly amazing is that Wilson is on the all time dead money cost list, TWICE. Seattle and Denver were BOTH willing to eat money to get rid of him.

You are incapable of confirming that a hot wet coiler came from the squatting dog next to it.
And you’re incapable of understanding that what Wilson will command has absolutely nothing to do with whether or not the Broncos owe him even more money. It’s irrelevant.

All I know os the past few years have been a mess. It's a meritocracy. Bring them in, interview them, work them out. Let them compete in training camp. I hope KP is best QB and wins the position. But it has to be the best QB

If that's Russell Wilson so be it. His numbers look good but numbers never tell the whole story and Lord knows I don't watch donkeys games
Take a look at Kenny's #s if you want a real joy ride. Those #s DO tell the real story.

1.) Lowest TD per pass % in the history of the NFL by any QB who had 500 or more attempts. Yes, LOWEST in HISTORY. Not "low." Not "really low." Lowest un HISTORY.
2.) Kenny threw 6 TDs all last season....6. He's averaging 1/2 a TD per game.
3.) Kenny had a 38 QBR, the most relied upon QB stat for accuracy. That ranked 27th. He outperformed such luminaries as Mac Jones, Bryce Young and Zach Wilson. https://www.espn.com/nfl/qbr

4.) For his career, Kenny is 50-50 on TD-int ratio: 13-13. Terrible.
5.) A non # factor: Kenny is not a leader. Half the team nearly threw a riot at the prospect of him returning to QB 1. He comes off as a "privileged" player. Him throwing a fit at dressing as the #2 QB confirmed that.

Does any of this really matter if we still have Tomlin in the sidelines wearing dark Raybans in a thunderstorm trying to coach?
Probably not, not at the end of the day.

Guessing he left town without a contract?
https://triblive.com/sports/mark-ma...e-steelers-but-he-gives-them-a-better-chance/

Madden knocks it out of the park, again.

If Russell Wilson arrives for his meeting with the Pittsburgh Steelers and is asked by coach Mike Tomlin to compete with Kenny Pickett for the No. 1 quarterback job, Wilson should laugh in Tomlin’s face and walk out.

The Steelers will likely blow their chance to sign Wilson via the dumb proposition of a Super Bowl winner who could well make the Hall of Fame being asked to compete with a bum who has small hands, a popgun arm, scrambles into sacks and only threw six touchdown passes last season. (Wilson had 26, one more than the Steelers as a team have totaled over the past two campaigns.)

Mason Rudolph replaced Pickett late in the season and outplayed him. But Pickett was still listed as No. 1 on the depth chart.

Wilson threw 20 touchdowns and one interception in the red zone last year. Pickett threw six touchdowns total.

This reeks of shenanigans.

The Steelers say they’re impervious to outside noise. But they’ve heard a phalanx of pundits say that the Steelers are nuts to commit unconditionally to Pickett: Peter King, Stephen A. Smith, Ryan Clark and Colin Cowherd among them. So they’ve come up with a response to such talk that they won’t have to execute. “We tried to get Wilson, but…”

Wilson is a nailed-on prima donna married to a pop star. He had his own office in Denver and his personal support staff on site. You’d have to be insane to think that Wilson would adopt a whole new persona upon arriving in Pittsburgh, quickly throwing a friendly arm around Pickett.

Wilson doesn’t have to play this season or ever again: The Broncos will be paying him $39 million this year.

This whole scenario is typical of the current Steelers: Haphazardly managed and too often their own worst enemy. They can’t get out of their own way.

Actually, I am sure you won’t get Rudolph for vet min.

I got a kick out of the Pat Mcfee show, where he said that there could be a bidding war and the Steelers would be smart to even pay him $5 million, if he wants to get paid more. That was the stupidest thing, of all the stupid things he said. Paying $5 mil for his services does NOTHING MORE than give DENVER financial relief, Wilson wouldn’t get a dime more than Denver owes him. Only way Wilson sees any more than what is owed, is if someone pony’s up more than $39 MILLION for his services in 2024. Sure he could see a contract with multiple years, THEN he gets more in 2025 and beyond.

What is truly amazing is that Wilson is on the all time dead money cost list, TWICE. Seattle and Denver were BOTH willing to eat money to get rid of him.

Yeah, no red flags here. That's more like a nuclear detonation as a warning.

I didn't say they would. Do you feel taller for being a bad a$$ on the internet? What are you up to now? 5 foot 6 or so?
Well, you did put out a laughable trade offer for Addison. I personally would have asked for at least two #1's from the Vikings in return also at a minimum. When you are talking fantasy you might as well go big. :oops:

FA doesn’t start until Wednesday.

And he hasn't been officially cut yet, just informed he would be and that he could talk to teams. Not that I want Wilson...

Rumors are everywhere. The Steelers got pick 32 for Claypuff, I would hope DJ would bring something closer to that than pick 100, even if he is in the last year of his contract.
Claypuff was an anomaly, we got way more for him than is normal, as his Bear career clarifies. We can't hope for anything close to that rip off moving forward.