• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Report: Wendy’s to Roll Out Self-Serve Kiosks by End of 2016

CharlesDavenport

Reaction score
Wendy’s fast food restaurant chain says it will begin offering self-serve kiosks at its 6,000-plus locations across America, making them available to costumers by the end of 2016.

The fast food giant’s decision to move toward automation comes just as “Fight for $15”–a progressive protest movement, pushing minimum wage hikes–is applying pressure on state governments to raise wages for low-skilled fast food workers.

Last August, Wendy’s CFO Todd Penegor told investors that mandated wage hikes will cause his company to pursue other innovative avenues that could lead to fewer jobs for low-skill workers.
- from http://www.breitbart.com/big-govern...s-wage-increases-squeeze-fast-food-companies/

This is on the heels of a similar announcement by McDonalds. I'm sure plenty more will follow. Just another example of liberal policies exacerbating the very problem they claim to be fixing. Gee, who benefits from more people on the dole?

186195-This-Is-Why-They-Don-t-Deserve-15-An-Hour.jpg

This will effect more than just low wage jobs. Think about this, minimum wage jobs are where most young people learn to work. It's where they learn to show up on time. It's where they learn to take directions from a supervisor. It is where they learn the small lessons that future employers want them to have but don't have the time to teach. But once agin unintended consequences are going to bite those that meddle with the marketplace in the ***.

This will effect more than just low wage jobs. Think about this, minimum wage jobs are where most young people learn to work. It's where they learn to show up on time. It's where they learn to take directions from a supervisor. It is where they learn the small lessons that future employers want them to have but don't have the time to teach. But once agin unintended consequences are going to bite those that meddle with the marketplace in the ***.

couldn't agree more. My 15 yr old just got her 1st job last month. Working at a local movie theatre. For the 1st time she is hearing the importance of being on time, work ethic etc from someone other than her own parents. She makes $8.50 per hour plus free movies. But the lessons she is learning is priceless

couldn't agree more. My 15 yr old just got her 1st job last month. Working at a local movie theatre. For the 1st time she is hearing the importance of being on time, work ethic etc from someone other than her own parents. She makes $8.50 per hour plus free movies. But the lessons she is learning is priceless

I'll second both of ya, my kids have worked both HS and college jobs all over the place. They did the grocery store, McDonalds, waiting tables, carrying bricks and mortar, helping on my nursery...you name it and they all ended up with good careers thanks in no small part to the lessons they learned. If that's all the further in life that they want to achieve is a min wage job, then they have to face the facts.

Jobs are hard to get but even harder when you aren't willing to work to get them, present yourself as a clean and civil human being and act intelligently.

Pay stations at parking garages are the worst. Not the exact same thing, but the human interaction is better an more efficient. With that said, is this much different than ordering an MTO at Sheetz?

I agree that $7.35 (or whatever) an hour isn't much, but how does anyone stay at minimum wage? I see help wanted signs with $10+ starting wages all the time. My second job at age 18 paid $8/hr and that was 1987.

This issue gets treated like people are stuck in minimum wage jobs for years on end. If that's the case, it's probably their own fault for quitting or getting fired year after year and needing to start over.

We will slowly but surely see the elimination of humans from the service & manufacturing industries. Not sure if that's a good or bad thing.

Japanese Robot Serves Coffee

A restaurant with no waiters or waitresses

Awesome fully Automated BMW Car Factory

We will slowly but surely see the elimination of humans from the service & manufacturing industries. Not sure if that's a good or bad thing.

Japanese Robot Serves Coffee

In my daily job, I am helping service companies build these very capabilities. Hotel rooms that talk to you and you talk back to the room. Rooms where you put your tray in the hallway and staff are signaled automatically that it is there to be picked up. We are building robot concierges for hotels - already in place and working in some locations.

It's a reality now.

The stupid increase in minimum wage is just fueling these developments and making companies work faster to adopt them.

I remember a place to eat in Japan, all the food was cooked on site and yup bought it from a HUGE vending machine.

Take a look at Sheetz and Spinx convenience stores. They've been using self-serve food kiosks for a while now.

Japan is way ahead of us in many ways. Walking, talking, living dolls are the latest sex industry hit
I'm not sure having sex with a life-like, robotic, latex sex doll is ''way ahead'' of having sex with a living, breathing, flesh & bones lady, but maybe it's just me.

I'm not sure having sex with a life-like, robotic, latex sex doll is ''way ahead'' of having sex with a living, breathing, flesh & bones lady, but maybe it's just me.
Those sex doll robots seem much more life-like than my ex-wife.