• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Republicans - Get your **** together

What a crock of ****. Anybody that thinks this economy created over 300,000 jobs doesn't understand how Washington manipulates the numbers. Here is a story about it on the conservative website CNBC:

http://www.cnbc.com/id/102243878

From the article:

But wait, there's more: The jobs that were created skewed heavily toward lower quality. Full-time jobs declined by 150,000, while part-time positions increased by 77,000.

Even with Republicans doing everything they can to hold back the economy we are on the cusp of the biggest economic boom in American
history. By 2016 we will be talking about a coming severe labor shortage.
Your absolutely correct. Those mean Republicans blocking the Keystone Pipeline is just one example.

Btw, we don't have to wait for a labor shortage. We already have one. .........for skilled labor and the science disciplines. I'm sure the Department of Education is getting right on that, along with the teacher's unions. Instead of attracting skilled workers from abroad, we increase the number of unskilled workers by rewarding illegal immigration.

Are you really this dumb?

Your absolutely correct. Those mean Republicans blocking the Keystone Pipeline is just one example.

Btw, we don't have to wait for a labor shortage. We already have one. .........for skilled labor and the science disciplines. I'm sure the Department of Education is getting right on that, along with the teacher's unions. Instead of attracting skilled workers from abroad, we increase the number of unskilled workers by rewarding illegal immigration.

Are you really this dumb?

Yes he is. There are over 93 MILLION Americans that dropped out of the work force. That means that there are the same number of people working now as it 1978... let that sink in. So I don't want to hear any **** about all the jobs created in the middle of a 4 year term. The fact is that almost all these created jobs are part time and low skill jobs. But there aren't enough of them to even stop the tide of people leaving the work force. You need to create over 300,000 FULL TIME jobs just to keep up with population increases.

What a crock of ****. Anybody that thinks this economy created over 300,000 jobs doesn't understand how Washington manipulates the numbers. Here is a story about it on the conservative website CNBC:

I was gonna say, they added 300,000 after they lost 2 million. Whoop-dee-effin'-doo.

The Keystone Pipeline is projected to add 35 permanent jobs. You could open 1 McDonalds and add more jobs.

Just watch and learn over the next 2 years. We are at 57 straight months of job growth and counting. That's already a record
and 25 months could be added to it. Last two GDP reports were at 4.6% and 3.9%. If the Republicans would have passed
the infrastructure spending Obama wanted, we would be at 5% qtrly growth.

We have a 2 trillion infrastructure deficit, that George felt was better spent in Iraq. If we were bringing the deficit down in an orderly fashion, it is estimated
that 13 million jobs would be created. We have roads and bridges in such disrepair that many businesses can't get parts to factories in time and products
to market in time. The Pittsburgh area is noted as one of the neediest areas for infrastructure spending. The Liberty Bridge can go at any time now. Good luck
getting around Pitt if that goes.

The Keystone Pipeline is projected to add 35 permanent jobs. You could open 1 McDonalds and add more jobs.

Just watch and learn over the next 2 years. We are at 57 straight months of job growth and counting. That's already a record
and 25 months could be added to it. Last two GDP reports were at 4.6% and 3.9%. If the Republicans would have passed
the infrastructure spending Obama wanted, we would be at 5% qtrly growth.

We have a 2 trillion infrastructure deficit, that George felt was better spent in Iraq. If we were bringing the deficit down in an orderly fashion, it is estimated
that 13 million jobs would be created. We have roads and bridges in such disrepair that many businesses can't get parts to factories in time and products
to market in time. The Pittsburgh area is noted as one of the neediest areas for infrastructure spending. The Liberty Bridge can go at any time now. Good luck
getting around Pitt if that goes.

You don't know **** about economics. I don't give a **** about record fabricated job growth numbers. There are over 93 MILLION people not working now. That means there were more people working in 1979 than are working now. Can you understand that? Basing numbers on a smaller workforce is asinine. We have an 18 TRILLION dollar nation debt. And it is still growing. Look at all that great infrastructure spending called the Big Dig... tell me how that worked out. It created jobs alright. But of course you won't deal with those issues. You just want to add more spending and more government growth. Hell why not employ everyone by making them government employees? Wouldn't that be great?

Private industry jobs? Pffffffft, Bammy scoffs at you.

Oh, and how about we check the Bammy "recovery" against the Reagan recovery? Yeah, let's show some graphic depiction of the Bammy failures:

latest_numbers_LNS11300000_1948_2013_all_period_M12_data.gif

Labor Participation Rate - United States

062712gdp.jpg

obama_reagan_recoveries.png

reagan-vs-obama-october-11.gif

Yeah, the Bammy recovery ... where 3 times more people go on food stamps than get a new job:

"the number of food stamp beneficiaries was between 1.5 and 3.1 times higher than the number of new jobs."

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-m...-media-meme-says-75-have-joined-food-stamp-r/

So, oh, right, we are just holding our breath for the Obama economic explosion in the next two years ... Yeah, not so much. 6 years of Bammy, and the declining labor participation rate, the exploding Federal debt, the impending inflation, the true unemployment rate around 11%, and Obamacare's devastating effect on private employers - a change so great that Bammy and the Dems in Congress had it delayed until after the 2014 midterms - set to gouge the economy in the near future.

That's Bammy's legacy.

Just wait till them awesome Democrats find a way to implement a $15/hr min wage. Then you evil Republicans will see REAL job growth. Because them McEmployers will surely not demand that the employees who are instantly making 2x what they were the day before do 2x the work and layoff 1/2 of their workforce. No those evil 1 percenters will take it lying down and cut into their profits for the good of the Oconomy.

And pretty quick the govt is going to force McDonald's to pay burger flippers as much as pipeline workers too. Win-win.

Yes because a huge pipeline that stretches thousands of miles can be kept up by 35 people. No contractors will be needed to do maintenance at all and no construction companies will be employed for years pumping BILLIONS into the economy. Here is the whack with the clue bat for you, its the same with the Keystone pipeline as it would be with the infrastructure projects you want to do.

The labor participation rate will continue to go down, the largest generation of Americans has begun retiring. Many were delayed by the financial crisis because stocks and home
values dropped, so now more are getting back on schedule with home values and stocks restored. This is the big reason we are heading for a severe labor shortage. As Boomers retire they will demand more services for their leisure time which will create jobs and when they leave their job that creates a job opening. We won't have the people to fill these openings.
Also my family had recent graduates in the last 5 years who took their degree and got their first job in another country. In a globalized economy, Americans have more choices of where they want to work. Our immigration policies have to allow more graduates in or our companies will need to move elsewhere.

Australia has a minimum wage of $16.87 per hour and wasn't effected by the global recession. They also have universal healthcare. Australia for the most part does not have poverty.
Expecting people to support themselves on 7.25 an hour without healthcare is ludicrous. If you want smaller government, you should support living wages, otherwise the government has to subsidize what employers don't provide.

The labor participation rate will continue to go down, the largest generation of Americans has begun retiring. Many were delayed by the financial crisis because stocks and home
values dropped, so now more are getting back on schedule with home values and stocks restored. This is the big reason we are heading for a severe labor shortage. As Boomers retire they will demand more services for their leisure time which will create jobs and when they leave their job that creates a job opening. We won't have the people to fill these openings.
Also my family had recent graduates in the last 5 years who took their degree and got their first job in another country. In a globalized economy, Americans have more choices of where they want to work. Our immigration policies have to allow more graduates in or our companies will need to move elsewhere.

Australia has a minimum wage of $16.87 per hour and wasn't effected by the global recession. They also have universal healthcare. Australia for the most part does not have poverty.
Expecting people to support themselves on 7.25 an hour without healthcare is ludicrous. If you want smaller government, you should support living wages, otherwise the government has to subsidize what employers don't provide.

The problem with "living wages" is the inequality of value for pay between what are currently minimum-wage jobs and other jobs that currently pay that "living wage." For example, if you instituted a living wage, someone flipping burgers is now making the same $16 that a more skilled worker, such as a technology or medical worker, would be making. So what's to stop the mass exodus of people from those fields to fill the burger-flipping jobs? If I could have a job like flipping burgers that had practically no responsibility and still make my current salary, I'd quit my current IT job in a heartbeat to go flip burgers. That's one less job for the folks that are already living at or below the poverty level.

On top of that, you want to provide universal healthcare. So in addition to paying someone $33K/year to man a deep fryer, either the employer has to start ponying up several thousand dollars more in employee health care costs, or the employee ends up paying more in taxes so that the government can provide everyone's health care (and has less to spend overall).

Meanwhile the only solution for the wage disparity is for everyone else's wages to also go up, which doesn't help the economy either, because it's just inflation. Wages go up, so prices go up, and everyone is back to the same place. It doesn't matter if the lowliest McDonald's worker makes $100/hr if a loaf of bread costs $78 and rent on a 1-bedroom efficiency apartment in the slummiest tenement in the ghetto is $8,500 a month.

Raising minimum wage is a zero-sum game. If you raise wages, then costs of produced goods and services also go up accordingly. That's basic Econ 101.

values dropped, so now more are getting back on schedule with home values and stocks restored. This is the big reason we are heading for a severe labor shortage. As Boomers retire they will demand more services for their leisure time which will create jobs and when they leave their job that creates a job opening. We won't have the people to fill these openings.The reason there are not enough workers is because they are being paid by the Government to sit on their *** all day.
Also my family had recent graduates in the last 5 years who took their degree and got their first job in another country. In a globalized economy, Americans have more choices of where they want to work. Our immigration policies have to allow more graduates in or our companies will need to move elsewhere.Maybe if we didn't incentivize sending jobs over seas, we would have more here.

Have you EVER spent any time in Australia?

The problem with "living wages" is the inequality of value for pay between what are currently minimum-wage jobs and other jobs that currently pay that "living wage." For example, if you instituted a living wage, someone flipping burgers is now making the same $16 that a more skilled worker, such as a technology or medical worker, would be making. So what's to stop the mass exodus of people from those fields to fill the burger-flipping jobs? If I could have a job like flipping burgers that had practically no responsibility and still make my current salary, I'd quit my current IT job in a heartbeat to go flip burgers. That's one less job for the folks that are already living at or below the poverty level.

On top of that, you want to provide universal healthcare. So in addition to paying someone $33K/year to man a deep fryer, either the employer has to start ponying up several thousand dollars more in employee health care costs, or the employee ends up paying more in taxes so that the government can provide everyone's health care (and has less to spend overall).

Meanwhile the only solution for the wage disparity is for everyone else's wages to also go up, which doesn't help the economy either, because it's just inflation. Wages go up, so prices go up, and everyone is back to the same place. It doesn't matter if the lowliest McDonald's worker makes $100/hr if a loaf of bread costs $78 and rent on a 1-bedroom efficiency apartment in the slummiest tenement in the ghetto is $8,500 a month.

Raising minimum wage is a zero-sum game. If you raise wages, then costs of produced goods and services also go up accordingly. That's basic Econ 101.

Real world Economics will no longer apply in their liberal world. You just can not fix STUPID.

The labor participation rate will continue to go down, the largest generation of Americans has begun retiring. Many were delayed by the financial crisis because stocks and home values dropped, so now more are getting back on schedule with home values and stocks restored. This is the big reason we are heading for a severe labor shortage.

Then why the **** does government need to **** up wage rates?

If you are correct, the goddam market will drive up wage rates to where they should be, without government oversight, punishment, impediment to economic growth in the interim, etc.

Just let the goddam market work, for Christ's sake.

Why is this **** so hard for liberals to understand??

If Austrailia is so great, why don't you move there? (Seriously curious to know)

I wonder what other prices are like in Australia? Are these accurate prices?

http://www.numbeo.com/cost-of-living/country_result.jsp?country=Australia&displayCurrency=USD

For milk, gas and bread you are looking at 50%-75% higher? Combo meal at McD looks failry close, maybe 10%-15% higher?

I wonder what other prices are like in Australia? Are these accurate prices?

http://www.numbeo.com/cost-of-living/country_result.jsp?country=Australia&displayCurrency=USD

For milk, gas and bread you are looking at 50%-75% higher? Combo meal at McD looks failry close, maybe 10%-15% higher?
Standard of living is somewhat lower too. When I was in Italy I could see that not many people live in a house with a yard, even the suburbs are almost totally apartment buildings with a lot of TV antennas on the roof since not many people can afford cable. Or a lot of electricity. Clothes dryers are rare because of the electricity it takes to run them and in my one hotel room you had to plug your room key into the wall to turn the lights on...so that the lights are sure to go off when you leave. Meat is very expensive so it is used more as a side dish. Gas is the $8 a gallon that Bomma's Energy Secretary wants us to have and you can't swing a dead cat without hitting a SmartCar. The standard of living is about where America was in the mid-70's. I don't think most of us want to live that way.

I've considered snow birding to Australia when I retire, since our summer is their winter and vice a versa.
I spent a month in Australia, mainly in Sydney. I heard it was extremely expensive and found out it wasn't.
I was able to rent a nice two bedroom apartment in Darling Harbor for less than $100 per night. Building
had an indoor pool and fitness center. In Sydney, public transportation is cheap, so you don't need a rental
car. I think I paid $25 for a weekly pass that gave you unlimited transportation on the ferries, buses and
trains. We were walking distance from the ferry.

The food would be the main obstacle. The price was OK, but the choices and tastes were a bit odd.
Bought a pack of kangaroo sausages and threw them out after one bite.

Australia is very smart on immigration. To work there you need a work permit number. If an employer doesn't have
the number, the law is they take out more than double the regular taxes which makes it not worth working there.
The incentivize doing the right thing. If employers don't take out the right taxes, they face stiff fines.

That's why I've always said that we need to make it easier to enter legally and more difficult to enter illegally. If you take away the under-the-table no-tax advantage that the illegals have and penalize them and the people who hire them heavily, then it takes away the advantage. But the Democrats and about half the Republicans are too afraid to enforce the "more difficult" part with fines, fences, and deportation.