• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Rick Perry is Donald Trump's choice for Energy Secretary

Spike

Reaction score
If confirmed by the Senate, Perry will inherit a department that has focused on promoting clean energy and reducing dependence on fossil fuels, but has also seen domestic production of oil explode. And his selection is a nod to the traditional GOP emphasis on energy sources like coal and oil.

"As the Governor of Texas, Rick Perry created created a business climate that produced millions of new jobs and lower energy prices in his state, and he will bring that same approach to our entire country as Secretary of Energy," Trump said in a statement.

"My administration is going to make sure we take advantage of our huge natural resource deposits to make America energy independent and create vast new wealth for our nation, and Rick Perry is going to do an amazing job as the leader of that process."

http://www.cnn.com/2016/12/13/politics/rick-perry-energy-secretary/

-----------------------

Drill baby drill

The Department he couldn't remember that he wanted to eliminate.

Yeah, republicans want smaller government, right.

Trumps a conservative, right.

Hahahahaha - conservatism is dead, **** the GOPe, **** all the old rules, you really have no clue about Trump, do you?

Perry is a bozo level clown, but I think the real story is this.

Trump picks the Exxon CEO Rex Tillerson for Secretary of State. Exxon is based in Texas operates and deals with over 80 nations.

Perry as the former governor of Texas is really just a figurehead who knows a lot of people, or a fall guy if something goes wrong with saying hydraulic fracking in the Green River Oil reserves, estimated to have more oil than all of OPEC

Meanwhile, Trump will likely use his Secretary of State, USA oil-rich reserves ( the USA might have the most ), and oil connections to give the USA an even stronger hand to play when negotiating at the table with nations that need to import it. In a perfect world, he uses oil exports to pay down record USA debt, but that could be too much to ask!

With OPEC scaling back and the CEO of the 2nd largest company in the world as the Chief USA Diplomat, Trump if he wants to can apply leverage beyond nations wanting to sell to the #1 consumer market in the world.

My $.02

Hahahahaha - conservatism is dead, **** the GOPe, **** all the old rules, you really have no clue about Trump, do you?

Trump has no clue about Trump, or to be politically correct, he's "unpredictable".

That's PRESIDENT Trump to you

melania-donald.jpg

Perry doesnt come across as being particularly intelligent or articulate. This is a puzzling appointment.

President Trump can pick whoever he wants, it's a part of the deal

hqdefault.jpg

President Trump can pick whoever he wants, it's a part of the deal
Oh, he's already picked whoever he wants. lol

After a night of heavy drinking, Putin makes a pass at Trump, who is initially hesitant but eventually responds to Putin's advances. Though he informs Putin that it was a one-time incident, they develop a passionate emotional and financial relationship together.
2764.png

15493396_1190434374345840_6517917044773741754_o.jpg

I think he's actually punishing Perry by making him the head of a department that he (Perry) wanted to eliminate. I see this as Trump's big "**** you" to Perry. Sure, Perry could decline it, but that might be more embarrassing than actually taking the job, at least temporarily.

I ******* can't STAND Rick Perry. Not happy with this pick at all.

This may be a signal that they are about to start dismantling some of these bureaucracies.

Drill baby, drill!

I was listening to NPR today about what this "department" uses its money on and it has almost nothing to do with energy at all.

Most of it is about maintaining our nuclear arsenal and all the safety and regulations that go around having nuclear weapons. Christ, the "Human Genome Project" was funded and started by this department.

This is a dead department that should be eliminated and absorbed into other factions of government. It has one of the smallest budgets of any department at the federal level and most is spent on maintenance and construction at it's vast western nuclear testing facilities. All the former DOE secretaries are nobodies.

I'm not a big fan of Rick Perry either and this might just be his dead end job....

I don't like him either but while he was Gov Texas stomped *** in energy. That's about all he's got going for him.

He also took money from Merck and tried to force an untested Gardasil vaccine on young girls. Pass.

hey, at least he wasn't named on Clinton's payroll

HILLARY CLINTON SECRETLY PAID REPUBLICANS TO DESTROY TRUMP

“Republicans in name only” or “RINOs.” An email from John Podesta to Huma Abedin that was released as document number 1078645 is about to turn the speculation that certain prominent Republicans who opposed Donald Trump into the truth that they were, in fact, not just disloyal to Trump and the party but were on Hillary Clinton’s payroll.

The email, sent in July of this year, describes how funds were being diverted from Clinton’s campaign to the Super PACS of Jeb Bush, Carly Fiorina, and John Kasich.

Senator Lindsay Graham, another outspoken critic of Donald Trump and briefly candidate for President from July to December also it seems received help from the Clintons.

https://conservativedailypost.com/6...payments-clinton-destroy-trump-new-wiki-leak/

Perry is a bozo level clown, but I think the real story is this.

Trump picks the Exxon CEO Rex Tillerson for Secretary of State.

Oh of course, it all comes from the top, Perry is just a worker bee, he doesn't make policy, what he thinks or has said in the past doesn't matter

Rex Tillerson: Pro-Energy Foe of Climate Hype

The measure of Trump’s picks for his cabinet, including Exxon-Mobil CEO Rex Tillerson for Secretary of State, is the reaction of the left. Oh, sure, a main objection is to his business dealings with Russia, as if energy producing companies should have nothing to do with energy producing countries. But many on the left oppose him as a fossil fuel advocate who thinks climate change is an overhyped scam designed to deny us growth and job opportunities through the use of our abundant fossil fuel reserves.

http://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2016/12/rex_tillerson_proenergy_foe_of_climate_hype.html

I ******* can't STAND Rick Perry. Not happy with this pick at all.

He's in there just in case a fall guy is needed, and because he knows a ton of people.