• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Roe V. Wade Aborted by SCOTUS

Tim Steelersfan

Flog's Daddy
Contributor
Reaction score
Roe V Wade - overturned this morning by SCOTUS.

Dayummmmmm

Yep. I expect there to be protests and violence and looting and burning and perhaps even murder. With little to no repercussions for those involved. This has the potential to be very, very, ugly.

I wonder why these folks are wasting their time protesting the Supreme Court. Why not go and lobby your state legislature? They are the ones in charge of this issue now, as they should be.
Well, because that is actual work to do that, and it takes time. They would rather posture about it and act like it's actually doing something - you know, like cosplaying the Handmaids tale.

Yep. I expect there to be protests and violence and looting and burning and perhaps even murder. With little to no repercussions for those involved. This has the potential to be very, very, ugly.

Today and tonight we will see mostly peaceful insurrections, mostly peaceful burnings, and mostly peaceful shootings.

1656086168019.png

I wouldn't go to D.C. this weekend if you paid me.

God Bless law enforcement officers around the country in the upcoming days/weeks.

I live outside the city. Gonna be fun!

Captain Obvious level stuff here....

1656087460214.png

My worry is that this will, in some way, galvanize the Dem base in the midterms.

Meh the simple answer is just have each state make a law protecting the right, of course the issue there is abortion in general isn’t as popular as they play it to be and unfettered abortion like they have oft dreamed of is virtually unpopular among the vast majority, so it’s probably not going to fly outside of the big blue states

I don't see where the legal status of "human" has been restored to pre-born humans, so it was not overturned. The court just decided that it is not a federal issue. Now the states decide, as the 10th amendment seems to hint at (sarcasm here).

The idea that a woman is free because she can have someone else pay to dismember her baby in what should be the safest place on the planet, is entirely outrageous. Their fake boogiemen just won. Disgusting.

God Bless law enforcement officers around the country in the upcoming days/weeks.
My oldest brother has an office on Pennsylvania Ave.

Ugly will be in poor areas (urban and rural) in states that outlaw abortion. Folks with wherewithal will continue getting abortions. All this does is make many desperate situations worse.

Reactions: MTC
The last couple of days they have been handing down some monumental decisions. Can you imagine what this country would like if the majority of the SCOTUS had liberal opinions?

My Spideysense is telling me it’s going to be a Molotov cocktail party coming to a major city near you this weekend.

Ugly will be in poor areas (urban and rural) in states that outlaw abortion. Folks with wherewithal will continue getting abortions. All this does is make many desperate situations worse.

What it does is correct an infamously bad ruling. The "right" (it's not) to an abortion was NEVER a federal issue nor a Constitutional one. It's always been a states issue. There is no Constitutional right to abortion.

Now people will have a 'choice' Floggy. You're big on choices. If they don't like their states laws, they don't have to live there. They have a choice to move to a state that does support abortion. Right? Just like vaccine mandates weren't mandates because people had a CHOICE not to remain with their employer.

Last edited:
What? Why will the “peaceful protests” be “ugly”?
I do believe you were openly applauding and cheering on the protests of Summer 2020. Are you now against “peaceful protests”?