• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Roger Goodell defends NFL officiating: Never been better

Lunar

220, 221 What ever it takes.
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
PHOENIX -- Despite several high-profile officiating controversies -- including a replayed third down in the AFC Championship Game -- NFL commissioner Roger Goodell on Wednesday expressed support for the league's officials and the quality of their execution.

"I don't think it's ever been better in the league," Goodell said at his annual Super Bowl week news conference. "There are over 42,000 plays in a season. Multiple infractions could occur on any play. Take that out or extrapolate that. That's hundreds if not millions of potential fouls. And our officials do an extraordinary job of getting those. Are there mistakes in the context of that? Yes, they are not perfect and officiating never will be."

Of course he would. He doesn't want to admit they cheap their approach to refs.

nfl-refs-meme-2.jpg

What the soulless ginger really means is that the little voice in the refs ear, from his control center in NYC, are more in control than ever, so that advertisers and fantasy football duelers can have more opportunities to create benefits in more games.

**** Roger and **** Al Riveron.

With a

RED HOT POKER, more than once but less than ……….. 100K, **** it. No limit

Salute the nation

**** him with an ice cold poker, a red hot poker, a double red hot poker, a triple red hot poker, a white hot poker, and an economy sized extra large red hot poker… what a ******* tool!!!

**** him with an ice cold poker, a red hot poker, a double red hot poker, a triple red hot poker, a white hot poker, and an economy sized extra large red hot poker… what a ******* tool!!!

SIR, You seem to be looking for our XG2022 model of RED HOT POKER. I twill do everything you said with the simple push of a toggling switch. Can switch from one mode to another with out any delay. Usually the victim doesn’t survive long enough to experience all settings, which draws me to tell you about another unit much more inductive to the end affect.

Model # XGS3000 i
It is a self healing combination unit. The pleasure of the setting is fully experienced during insertion BUT self healing on the way out. It allows you to repeatedly invest in your enjoyment of the pain you will be causing To said t*mmyb*y.

XGS3000 I $32,007.00

Extra fuel tablets (single use 2hr run time). BOX of 100 $26.00 BOX of 200 $58.00

Salute the nation

Hundreds if not millions of potential fouls?

2 million fouls would mean there are 48 "multiple infractions" possible on every single play.

How about they just get the egregious ones correct? Let the players decide the outcome of the games.

I think they rely on relay more then they should but it's a tough job and the game is very quick. I will say this. When they **** it up they wait to hit the other team. They missed a bad face mask on Larry O and then slapped a ridiculous roughing the passer on Heyward in the Browns game.

I think they rely on relay more then they should but it's a tough job and the game is very quick. I will say this. When they **** it up they wait to hit the other team. They missed a bad face mask on Larry O and then slapped a ridiculous roughing the passer on Heyward in the Browns game.
Hockey in relativity is a quick sport. But they seem to employ younger refs.

I don’t understand how America’s premier multi billion dollar corporation cannot employ full time refs for it’s league.

Every single penalty should be speed reviewed by a separate set of officials.. that would at least mitigate the “fixed” game theories.. just a single look at slow speed … it takes like 35 seconds or something… if it’s gratuitously bad then overturn the penalty…
Missed calls happen… you can’t do instant replay for missed calls, but bad calls are inexcusable… games turned on a phantom pass interference down the field Or having a td wiped out by a phantom hold are more egregious than missing a pass interference or missing a hold because you don’t know for certain that a player would have made the play if they didn’t get infracted, while the phantom calls absolutely have yardage lost or gained because of it…

Every single penalty should be speed reviewed by a separate set of officials.. that would at least mitigate the “fixed” game theories.. just a single look at slow speed … it takes like 35 seconds or something… if it’s gratuitously bad then overturn the penalty…
Missed calls happen… you can’t do instant replay for missed calls, but bad calls are inexcusable… games turned on a phantom pass interference down the field Or having a td wiped out by a phantom hold are more egregious than missing a pass interference or missing a hold because you don’t know for certain that a player would have made the play if they didn’t get infracted, while the phantom calls absolutely have yardage lost or gained because of it…
The nfl makes way too much money to even bother.

As long as people watch and advertisers get theirs. This game isn’t going anywhere

Entertainment.

The entertainment value is relevant to the price of the ticket.

Salute the nation

As long as the refs get the calls right at the right time all is good.

Certain things they'll let go all game until needed.

The pats***** got away with absolutely mugging players on the opposing offense for years. You just scratch your head and watch.

...and

Jessie James caught that ball!

As long as the refs get the calls right at the right time all is good.

Certain things they'll let go all game until needed.

The pats***** got away with absolutely mugging players on the opposing offense for years. You just scratch your head and watch.

...and

Jessie James caught that ball!
The Eagles OL got away with holding all game long because they are "the best" but the holds were obvious. The refs definitely aren't good but they did make a few correct calls yesterday - even the holding on JuJu at the end of the game. I don't think they made any blatant bad calls but they sure didn't call all of the obvious penalties throughout the game. In addition to putting them on the payroll as full time refs, they may need to add another ref or two to the game as they do miss a lot of calls.

Problem is too many times it's difficult to understand why a call is made. If you allow grabbing and contact all game long and then start strictly enforcing holding or PI at the most critical times of the game, don't get indignant when people start questioning your motives.

I don't know if it would help, but hasn't there been talk of full time officials?